The best times to visit the Veneto are Spring (April – May) and Autumn (October – November), when the countryside is particularly colourful, temperates are mild and there are less tourists. The ski season generally lasts from December until the end of March; for beach holidays the best time is from June to September and for visits to the Alps July and September.
Another suggestion is to organise your trip to coincide with one of the many holidays which fill the Veneto’s calenders (to be found continually updated in the section “events”) There are numerous special events, historical re-enactments in medieval towns, thematic festivals and country fairs…
- 6 January: Epiphany (or Befana);
- March-April: Easter (Sunday and Monday);
- 15 August: Ascension Day (or Ferragosto);
- 1 November: All Saints’ Day;
- 8 December: Immaculate Conception;
- 25 December: Christmas Day;
- 26 December: Saint Stephen’s Day.
- 1 January: New Year’s Day;
- 25 April: Liberation Day (to celebrate the end of Italy’s participation in the Second World War and the Allied victory);
- 1 May: Worker’s Day (very important and widely celebrated day among Italy’s workers, with concerts and parades throughout the country –the concert in Rome held every year is particularly popular);
- 2 June: Republic Day (celebrated every year with a military parade in Rome in the presence of the President of the Republic)..