Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2016
Organize with us your Christmas holidays and New Year’s Eve in Venice!
From 23 December 2016 to 08 January 2017
If you are looking for things to do in Venice at Christmas and New Year’s Eve, guided tours and activities, what to do during your Venice Xmas breaks and the opportunity to spend an unforgettable Venice Christmas celebration, do not miss our suggestions to plan a memorable stay!
On our portal you can autonomously organise your Venice Christmas holidays by booking hotels, tours, transfers and tickets museums: take immediate advantage of the best deals for the New Year’s Eve breaks in Venice and reserve everything online before your departure!
You will have the opportunity to plan your stay in Venice at Christmas time and New Year's Eve: Venice is a dream that could soon become a reality! Plan your trip from A to Z, with the safety of relying on real insiders who will advise on the best information thanks to a deep and direct link to the area.
You will spend the most magical nights of the year walking along the picturesque canals of the historic centre and have fun in the main squares or taking part in the exclusive parties of the best hotels and restaurants in the Venice New Year’s Eve!
The first thing to spend a New Year’s Eve in Venice Italy is booking one of the many hotels in the historic centre well in advance… For your Christmas in Venice, Italy, and New Year Eve in Venice, you will find a wide choice of accommodation for every taste and budget.
Also, do not underestimate the choice of means of transport with which to reach the city: private water taxis or collective transfers and public transport are often besieged by the tourists who reach Venice for Christmas breaks! On our portal you have the opportunity to book online these services, in order to avoid problems and long queues at the ticket offices!
As usual, you will be spoiled for choice among the numerous Venice Christmas events and New Year's Eve celebrations in Venice. In additions to fabulous dinners in prestigious restaurants, parties in the ancient Venetian palaces and concerts, not to forget the original New Year's Eve boat party of the Venetian galleon, at midnight, appointment with the famous St Mark’s Square, Venice, New Year's Eve events, whit live music, toasts and spectacular fireworks to give a worthy welcome to 2017 in a unique setting!
Besides the many events and proposals, in our section 'Tours in Venice' you can choose the best activities to enjoy Venice during Christmas time and include in your travel agenda visits that rouse your interest.
Below you can find listed events and activities that we have chosen for you to wish you a memorable stay if you decide to spend Christmas in Venice and New Year's Eve in Venice in 2016!
- St. Mark’s Cathedral: a visit to the most famous religious building in Venice cannot be excluded from the list of things to do in Venice at Christmas! If you are longing for an unusual Christmas in Venice, Italy, we would like to suggest an original tour of the treasures of St Mark’s Basilica !
- The Doge’s Palace: it is the building that more than any other embodies the spirit of the golden age of the Republic of Venice, when Venice reached the height of its power. To discover this incredible artistic treasure during your Venice at Christmas in 2016, plan your Xmas in Venice well in advance! Do you prefer a collective tour or an exclusive private guided tour of the Doge’s Palace?
- Gondola: what can be done exclusively in Venice? A gondola ride! Whether individual or collective, by day or by night, the traditional boat of Venice will give you some of the best moments of your vacation in Venice at New Year!
- New Year's Eve in Venice Italy with children: for families, we designed an ad hoc tour that can engage adults and children in the discovery of Venice! No trouble in case of bad weather... The pioneering Natural History Museum of Venice or the exhibition 'Dinosaurs. Giants from Argentina' may be a good alternative if the weather impedes open-air walks during your stay in Venice at Christmas!
- Theatre: the major events of the Goldoni Theatre will not disappoint your expectations! Monday, December 26th do not miss 'Swan Lake' of the Ballet of Moscow and Saturday, December 31st and Sunday, January 1st an exhilarating reinterpretation of the famous love story of Romeo and Juliet is waiting for you.
- Exhibitions: from 'Culture Chanel. The woman who reads’ through to Ippolito Caffi and the great photographers René Burri and Ferdinando Scianna at Casa dei Tre Oci. Away from Venice, 'Zandomeneghi’s Impressionism’ in Padua and 'Stories of Impressionism' in Treviso represent an unmissable opportunity for fans of the genre during Christmas in Venice in 2016!
- Excursions: the Venetian lagoon offers winter postcard scenarios... Murano, Burano and Torcello, but also the minor islands will transport you into an unreal atmosphere, suspended in the past ... You can decide to visit them with our organized boat trips or independently traveling with the Venetian public transport!
- Legends, mysteries and curiosities on Venice: if you want to include in your New Year Eve in Venice, Italy an unusual and little known place, our original section will offer ideas and suggestions for off-the-beaten track routes.
- Fashion, Venetian history, traditions, modern and oriental art: the Civic Museums of Venice have collections for all tastes! If you want to visit them all, remember that when buying the Museum Pass you can save a lot compared to purchasing individual tickets!
- Christmas Dinner Cruise on board the Venetian Galleon: a very special setting to enjoy the magic atmosphere of Christmas navigating between Venice and its lagoon... Only on Friday 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th and on Wednesday 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th December 2016!
Celebrate with us Venice on Christmas day and New Year’s Eve 2017 in Venice, Italy: offers and ideas for all tastes!
If you then decide to stay in the Venice lagoon until the Epiphany, take note of two major events on January 6th, 2017 in Venice:
- The exciting Epiphany Witches Rowing Race along the Grand Canal, with departures at 11.00
- The Clock Tower in St Mark’s square hosts a show that takes place only twice a year: at the stroke of midday, from the side panel of the clock, you can watch the procession of the Nativity, with the Wise Men parading in front of the Virgin Mary.
How to celebrate the New Year in Venice and Xmas in Venice? Rely on us and choose the best solutions for your requirements! Our staff also take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
And if you are undecided about spending your Christmas in Venice or Florence, have a look at our portal dedicated to the Tuscany region!
Period: From 23 December 2016 to 08 January 2017
Event location: Venice
Need help choosing
Veneto: Christmas Markets in Venice & Veneto 2016
From 19 November 2016 to 08 January 2017
Verona: Verona Christmas Markets in Verona and its province
From 02 November 2016 to 08 January 2017
Venice: 'Ippolito Caffi 1809 - 1866. Between Venice and the Orient' at the Museo Correr
From 28 May 2016 to 08 January 2017
Venice: René Burri & Ferdinando Scianna at the Casa dei Tre Oci in Venice
From 26 August 2016 to 08 January 2017