Easter and Spring Holidays 2016 in Venice
Choose the best activities for your springtime holidays in Venice!
From 24 March 2016 to 01 May 2016
The Venice holidays in April 2016 are approaching and many people are already looking for the best place where to take a short break from the daily routine! Easter in Venice, the city on the water, is one of the most romantic ideas for a short break of a few days. The magical Venice Easter weekend, in late March, which this year coincides with the beginning of spring, 25 April, the Bocolo Festival in Venice, or the extended weekend of 1 May holiday in Venice: on these dates Venice will provide unforgettable days of art, entertainment and breathtaking scenery!
venetoinside.com want to offer some ideas to help you organize what to do in Venice in March and for the Easter celebrations in Venice, where to go, events and shows that should not to be missed to experience the extraordinary springtime in Venice!
Written by real insiders, who know the area because they experience it every day, we offer a range of activities to discover the most of our unique city: spending Easter Sunday and Monday May 1 holiday in Venice or the extended holiday on 25 April in Venice, Italy will allow you to really get in touch with the many facets of this fascinating city, rich in history and art, but also of culture and alive with traditions!
Our suggestions for Easter in Venice 2016 are in chronological order. You can decide to spend all your Venice Easter break, for example, from Thursday 24 to Monday, 28 March, or, if you live in the surrounding area, choose it as a destination for a leisurely picnic on Easter Monday in Venice! Here we are proposing some Venice deals for March and activities that you can book online just a few days before your departure. An excellent solution if you opt for a last minute Easter weekend in Venice or if, you prefer, wait for the weather forecast before deciding what to do in Venice in April!
Spring in Venice What's on Venice April 2016
- You can learn more about the history of Venice and its symbol monument thanks to our tour of St Mark's Cathedral and its Treasures 2016, the guided tour of the basilica, with access to the Pala d'Oro and the St Mark's Treasury, which also includes a stop at the nearby cloister of St. Apollonia, a charming Romanesque cloister of rare beauty.
- You cannot claim to have really seen Venice without having seen it from a water perspective, the element that characterizes it and that makes it a unique city. A magical gondola ride takes you to admire the beautiful buildings of the city and its most picturesque spots surrounded by a thousand reflections of the lagoon waters.
- Venice is not only the historical centre. The islands of the lagoon offer as many emotions and unique landscapes. So why not take advantage of the Springs holidays in Italy in Venice to visit them? An excursion to Murano, Burano and Torcello, or even just to Murano and Burano, a lagoon tour with traditional Venetian boats, or an houseboat tour to the mystery islands of Venice. To get a complete overview of our proposals by boat, please consult our boat tour section!
- Discover the city in a completely personalized way with Your Own Venice, or entrust our private thematic tours like Cinetour in Venice, Venice Fashion tour, Seductive Venice and Casanova tour, all facilitated by local tour guides!
- If you choose Venice only as a daily destination for Venice Easter Monday, Venice City Sightseeing - 24 hours ticket will allow you to easily reach the main attractions of the city, Murano and the Lido with one convenient day pass!
After the Easter holidays it is time to think of Spring in Venice, Italy! We want to offer our best offers for the long weekend of 25 April in Venice. On this date, it is in fact a special day, in St Mark's because it is the festival of the patron saint, celebrated with the Bocolo Festival. It is tradition to give a rose bud to a special person. For April in Venice in Italy and with the celebration of 1 May the ideas that we have listed above for the Easter holidays, which are still valid for 25 April and 1 May for Venice city break deals, we can add numerous proposals only available during the summer season, from 1 April to 31 October!
25 April and 1 May Venice city break deals activities and Tip
- Visit the lesser known corners of the city with Secret Venice walking tour or with a walking and motorboat tour;
- Take advantage of our combined tours in order not to lose the main attractions and save on the final price: Walking tour plus St Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Visits, St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Tours, Doge's Palace, Secret Venice Walking Tour & Gondola Ride, Venice Walking Tour, St Mark's Basilica & Gondola Ride, and many more!
- Take part in original experiences, like a Venice cooking class at a popular historic restaurant or a Venetian rowing course to learn how to row a traditional boat which has for centuries been used in the lagoon, or choose a charming legends and mysteries of Venice tour!
- If you're staying in Venice for four or five days we suggest that you take some time to visit some other Venetian towns, easily reached thanks to the nearby excursions departing from Venice, such as Cortina d'Ampezzo and the Dolomites, a Abano Terme day spa, or Valpolicella and Verona wine tour!
- Check out our tourist attractions section to learn about the museums open on 1 May in Venice and buy your tickets conveniently online!
Spending April 25 in Venice, Italy or May 1 holiday in Venice will give you great emotions and many surprises!
Both for the Easter holidays and on April 25 in Venice and May 1 holiday do not forget to book your hotel or base to stay in Venice and any transportation from/to Venice island: on our website you can organize all your holiday conveniently online!
Pack your luggage, book everything online in a matter of minutes and discover Venice! April 25 and May 1 ... Spring in Venice is the ideal destination for the Easter holidays!
Period: From 24 March 2016 to 01 May 2016
Event location: Venice
Need help choosing
Venice: Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2016
From 23 December 2016 to 08 January 2017
Veneto: Christmas Markets in Venice & Veneto 2016
From 19 November 2016 to 08 January 2017
Verona: Verona Christmas Markets in Verona and its province
From 02 November 2016 to 08 January 2017
Venice: 'Ippolito Caffi 1809 - 1866. Between Venice and the Orient' at the Museo Correr
From 28 May 2016 to 08 January 2017