One of the most anticipated book festivals in the Veneto region!
From 05 May 2016 to 08 May 2016
From 5 to 8 May 2016 Rovigoracconta returns, the acclaimed Rovigo Italy festival dedicated to books, music and theatre that involves the entire historic centre of Rovigo!
Rovigoracconta 2016 offers four days of great events in Rovigo, Italy showcasing meetings and discussions on topics of great relevance, music, entertainment and guests of national importance: ideas and thoughts that will involve the city and those taking part in the many events scheduled at the book festival in Italy in a big collective party.
Designed by the Rovigo-born writer Mattia Signorini, who is also the artistic director of the Rovigo event, this literary festival in Italy is now in its third edition and confirming itself as one of the most anticipated yearly events in Rovigo, Italy! A successful format, with new prominent guests and constantly new appointments that have positioned this young event among the most followed of Veneto literary festivals in Italy, considering that in 2015 the rovigoracconta festival brought more than 10,000 people to the city.
Ama quello che fai' ('Love what you do') is the slogan of an edition focused on current trends in all their nuances: love in this society, love of freedom, love of parents towards their children, love of beauty. Rovigo Racconta 2016 will propose ideas and debates on the current affairs around us, music, experiences and meetings related to a single thread, love!
Rovigo Racconta presents a festival aimed at all ages and will engage and excite participants through words, DJ and performances. The importance of the Italy book festival for the city should not be underestimated. The festival in Rovigo represents an important opportunity for economic development and promotion for the city: the festival in Rovigo is spread throughout the historic centre of the city, emphasizing areas often neglected, and also involves local tourist operators and businesses.
Rovigoracconta Program 2016 - Main events
Thursday, 5 May
- 7pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - Giovanni Floris will present 'The first rule of Shardana' his latest novel which tells the story of a group of friends who dream of reviving the local football team.
- 8pm - Piazza Garibaldi - the evening to celebrate the eightieth birthday of Rugby Rovigo; from 10pm DJ sets hosted by Saturnino.
Friday 6 May
- 6.30pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - Diego De Silva presents 'Couple therapy for lovers'.
- 8pm - Piazza Garibaldi - Salvatore Striano presents 'The Sasa storm'.
Rovigoracconta Music & Theatre
- 9.30pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - concert designed with songwriter Colapesce and illustrator Alessandro Baronciani: images and music help to understand how to deal with the fear of the distance.
Saturday 7 May
- 11am - Piazza Garibaldi - Rosanna Lambertucci presents' The diet that changes your life. My new weight-loss journey', the famous TV presenter and well-being expert will provide advice to those who want to embark on a path to greater prosperity.
- 4pm - Duomo Theatre - Mauro Corona tells his stories of the mountain, music, nature and the return to the simple things.
- from 5pm - Academy of Concordi - Roberto Costantini and Gianluca Morozzi describe the art of suspense through their latest novels 'The Perfect Wife' and 'The Black Mirror'; to follow Antonio Moresco and Emanuele Tonon compare their latest books, 'Farewell' and 'Fervor' questioning the role of man who believes to be at the centre of the universe.
- 7.30pm - Palazzo Roncale - meeting of three voices with Simona Sparaco, Paolo di Paolo and Stefano Piedimonte.
- from 4pm to 8pm - Palazzo Nagliati - Anna Casazza video performance with music by Leonardo Lazzarin.
- 8.30pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - the Nexus Theatre Company presents Shakespeare's Macbeth in just 15 minutes.
Rovigoracconta Music & Theatre
- 9.30pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - concert-reading to present the first novel of the poet Guido Catalano 'D'amore si muore ma io no' with the songwriter Dario Brunori
- from 11pm - premises of the old town - Indie, Jazz-Funk, Electronic, '80 -'90s DJ, Rock DJ
Sunday 8 May
- 11am - Piazza Garibaldi - Fabio Canino, radio host and judge of Dancing with the Stars, presents 'Rainbow Republic'. funny novel in which a gay community directs and decides everything.
- midday - Academy of Concordi - Emanuele Trevi presents 'The wooden people', his latest novel on progressivism.
- 5.30pm - Palazzo Roncale - 'To love women, and hating women' with writers Irene Cao, Sara Rattaro and Francesca Visentin.
- 6pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - 'Autobiography of a champion' Gianni Rivera traces his sporting career confronting himself with Marco Marsullo and Massimo Veronese.
- 6.30pm - Pescheria Nuova - Lorenzo Marone and Michela Marzano will discuss the family in today's Italy inspired by 'The sadness of light sleepers' and 'Mom, dad and gender'; to follow Massimo Cirri presents for the first time 'The other part of the world'.
- 8.30pm - Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II - Chiara Gamberale presents 'Now', her last great literary success.
- 5pm - Academy of Concordi - Mattheu Mantanus, conductor at Che tempo che fa, presents 'Beethoven and the girl with blue hair'.
During Rovigoracconta, 'Instafestival' will be active - the contest on Instagram that lets you win books': from 6pm on Thursday 5 May till 7pm on Sunday 8 May you can post your photos taken at the festival on Instagram using #rovigoracconta and #rovigram. The most representative picture of Rovigoracconta 2016 will be rewarded on Sunday 8 May with a selection of the festival books.
Simplicity, passion and enthusiasm are the main ingredients of the Rovigo literary festival in Italy: freedom, solutions, the status of women, the role of parents, justice and the search for authenticity that often is put aside. Musicians, writers, journalists and actors talk to each other: sharing and ideas in circulation for four days of great events in Rovigo, Italy in May 2016 are waiting for you!
Period: From 05 May 2016 to 08 May 2016
Event location: Rovigo
Contacts: full program available on rovigoracconta.it
Need help choosing
Accommodation in Venice, Verona and other top cities
Treviso: Chestnut Festival Combai IGP
From 07 October 2016 to 01 November 2016
Venice: 'Venice, the Jews and Europe' at the Doge's Palace
From 19 June 2016 to 13 November 2016
Verona: Fieracavalli 2016
From 10 November 2016 to 13 November 2016
Verona: Verona Marathon 2016
20 November 2016