Ca' Pesaro - International Gallery of Modern Art in Venice
Why buy your ticket for Ca 'Pesaro?
- Discover the extraordinary 19th-20th century modern art gallery on the first floor of the Cà Pesaro Museum and admire some great masterpieces by Chagall, Kandinsky, Klimt and Rodin.
- Visit the Museum of Oriental Art on the third floor, one of the most important European collections of Japanese art from the Edo period (1600-1868), together with important artworks from China and Indonesia.
- With our ticket, you can book the date and time of the visit in advance, and you are sure to comply with 2021/2022 law rules for access to museums.
- Choose the day of your visit, the time and the number of tickets.
- Fill in the form fields and check that all the information entered is correct.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Present your voucher, printed or on a smartphone, at the ticket office of Cà Pesaro to receive your actual entry ticket.
- Adhere to your chosen day and time in order not to lose your reservation.
- Cancellation policies: these tickets cannot be changed or canceled and are non-refundable.
1) CA' PESARO - OPENING TIMES
Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 to 17.00.
Closed: 25 December and 1 January
The time slots for visiting Cà Pesaro Museum reserved for our online tickets are:
10.00, 10.15, 10.30, 10.45, 11.00, 11.15, 11.30, 11.45, 12.00, 12.15, 12.30, 12.45, 13.00, 13.15, 13.30, 13.45, 14.00, 14.15, 14.30, 14.45, 15.00, 15.15, 15.30, 15.45, 16.00
2) CA' PESARO - TICKETS
Adult: € 11,00
Concession: € 9,50 children aged 6-14 accompanied by a parent and over 65s
Gratuito: children up to 5 years
The ticket gives access to both permanent collections housed here: the International Gallery of Modern Art of Venice and the Oriental Art Museum.
3) VENICE MUSEUM PASS
If you are interested in visiting other museums in Venice, choose the ‘Museum Pass’, an open-ended multiple ticket valid for 6 months, which allows you to visit the Ca’ Pesaro and 10 other museums in Venice at a very convenient price
4) CA' PESARO - GETTING THERE
The Ca 'Pesaro Venice Modern Art Museum is located in Fondamenta de Ca' Pesaro, in Venice’s Santa Croce district.
- arriving by train? It takes about a quarter of an hour on foot from Santa Lucia Train Station.
- Arriving by bus or by car? From Piazzale Roma it takes about 20 minutes.
- Arriving by vaporetto? Take line 1 and get off at the San Stae stop.
5) WHY VISIT CA' PESARO?
Ca' Pesaro, a masterpiece of Venetian Baroque designed by Baldassarre Longhena, houses the Museum of Modern Art in Venice with the city’s modern art collection, established at the end of the 19th century on the occasion of the second Biennale, and gradually expanded during the 20th century thanks to purchases and donations.
It is the only museum in Venice to host two very different permanent collections: the first floor of Ca' Pesaro houses the 19th -20th century modern art gallery - with Chagall, Kandinsky, Moore, Klimt and Klee, not forgetting the Italian artists and the graphics institute - while on the third floor the Oriental Art Museum boasts one of the most important European collections of Japanese art from the Edo period (1600-1868), together with important artworks from China and Indonesia.
Venice Modern Art Museum -Ca' Pesaro
Ten rooms linked by a common thread: passion in Venice for 20th century art. The museum exhibit presents relationships, comparisons and affinities between the various artists on display: you will find Rodin juxtaposed with Medardo Rosso and Adolfo Wildt; De Chirico with Morandi and Sironi; Burri with Vedova, to name just a few. At Ca' Pesaro you will admire some of the greatest masterpieces of the 20th century: Klimt's Judith II, Franz von Stuck's Medusa, Marc Chagall's Rabbi of Vitebsk, Rodin's The Thinker and also Kandinsky, Paul Klee, Joan Mirò, Picasso , Max Ernst, Giacomo Balla, Umberto Boccioni, graphic works by Edvard Munch…
Oriental Art Museum in Venice -Ca’ Pesaro
Along the nine rooms on the third floor of Ca' Pesaro, oriental art takes centre stage. The collection of Japanese artifacts is extraordinary: you will get a close look at armors, Jimbaori (parade cloaks), jingasa (lacquered wood hats), kai-oke (painted shell containers), splendid examples of netsuke (precious collectibles, initially used to attached the case with medical herbs to the belt). You will admire the remarkable collection of blades, consisting of tachi, katana and daggers, and the splendid collection of kosode (Japanese clothing for dames of the Edo period).
The Ca' Pesaro Venice art gallery houses more than just Japanese artwork: a large collection of Chinese export porcelain (Ming period, 1368-1644 and Qing, 1644-1912), shadow theater figures, kris with splendid depictions of the naga (mysterious snake figure), batik and musical instruments from Indonesia complete the rich collection.
Need help choosing
ACTV Venice Public Transport including Vaporetto - Online Tickets
- € 10.50