Cappella degli Scrovegni - evening visit
Entirely frescoed by Giotto, and considered his most important masterpiece, the Scrovegni Chapel is one of the attractions that you cannot miss during your visit in Padua!
In order to preserve its ancient and precious frescoes, the access is limited at certain time slot per day and an advance rervation is required.
On our portal you can book tickets for the evening visit, an exclusive access that will allow you to discover the Chapel even beyond the standard daily opening time.
To verify dates and time slot available, please refer to the calendar that will appear after selecting the ticket you are going to purchase.
Choose your ticket
Warning! You can visit the Cappella degli Scrovegni - evening visit only purchasing one of the passes listed below
Cappella degli Scrovegni - Full Ticket
Cappella degli Scrovegni - Reduced Ticket*
Cappella degli Scrovegni - Subsidised Ticket*
The evening ticket for the Scrovegni Chapel can be booked for specific dates only:
- until November 4th, 2018 at the following time slots: 7.20 pm, 7.40 pm, 8.00 pm, 8.20 pm, 8.40 pm, 9.00 pm; there are only 5 places available per each time slot, regardless of the type of ticket you wish to purchase.
- from December 27th, 2018 to January 6, 2019 at the following time slots: 7.20 pm, 8.20 pm and 8.40 pm; there are only 10 places available per each time slot, regardless of the type of ticket you wish to purchase.
Full price: €8.00
- EU citizens over 65
- children aged 6 to 17 years
- students up to 26 years (with student ID and booklet)
- CitySightseeing Padova ticket holders
- holders of the following cards: ACI (including ARC EUROPE and SHOW YOUR CARD), ACLI (Padua and National), AICS, AIED, AREAARTE, ARCI, ASS. DI.SEGNO, ASS. FANTALICA of Padua, ASS. LAVORATORI INTESA SAN PAOLO, ASS. CULTURALE NUOVA GIUSTIZIA CRAL PIEMONTE, ASSOTURISMO Veneto/CONFESERCENTI del Veneto Centrale, AVIS, CAMPER CLUB INSIEME, CAPIT, CASSA MUTUA DELLA CAMERA DI COMMERCIO DI PADOVA, CIRCOLO NUMISMATICA PATAVINA, COINCARD, CARTA D’ARGENTO Comune di NOVENTA PADOVANA, CLUB PLEINAIR, CLUB SKIRA, CRAL AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA di Padova, CRAL ULSS 6, CRAL COMUNE DI PADOVA, CRAL Comune di PONTE SAN NICOLO ', CRAL INFN di Padova, CRAL ESCALIBUR, CRAL INPS PADOVA, EDENRED TICKET RESTAURANT with paper coupon Edenred ART, EMERGENCY, FAI Padova e Nazionale, FEDERAZIONE ITALIANA CAMPEGGIATORI, GREENSTOP 24, ISIC (International student/teacher card - International Youth Travel Card/International Teacher), LEGAMBIENTE, LIBRERIA FELTRINELLI (CARTA PIU’ E MULTIPIU'), LIBRERIA IBS, ORDINE DEGLI PSICOLOGI VENETO, SOCIETA' DANTE ALIGHIERI, SORSI D'ARTE APS, TCI, TRA-Treviso Ricerca Arte, TRALALTRO Arcigay, UNIV. POPOLARE DI CAMPONOGARA, UNIV. DEL TEMPO LIBERO DELLA RIVIERA DEL BRENTA, UISP, UNPLI Padova e Nazionale.
- children up to 5 years
- visitors with impaired mobility and carers
- ICOM card holders (for Chapel bookings)
*when you present your voucher at the ticket office, you will be asked to show the document or card which proves your right to purchase a reduced, subsidized or free ticket.
The voucher that you will receive at the end of the booking must be presented at the ticket office (in paper or electronic format on mobile devices - smartphones, tablets or other devices) for it to be converted into a regular admission ticket. The admission ticket can be collected on the reserved date only, that is indicated on your voucher, after 5.00 pm. We suggest you to show up at the ticket office at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time slot in order to complete all the entry procedures.
The Scrovegni Chapel
Frescoed between 1303 and 1305 by Giotto, upon the commission of Enrico degli Scrovegni, the Scrovegni Chapel is considered one of the most important masterpieces of Western art.
The frescoes cover the entire internal walls and narrate events in the lives of the Virgin Mary and Christ; on the wall opposite the altar, the grandiose Universal Judgement concludes the story of human salvation.
The chapel was originally attached to the Scrovegni family palace, which was built after 1300 following the elliptical outline of the remains of the Roman arena. After the Chapel was acquired by the City of Padova in 1880, the vulnerable Giotto’s frescoes were subjected to several specialized restorations during the 19th and 20th centuries. From the 1970s until today, thanks to close collaboration between the city administration, cultural heritage authorities and the Istituto Centrale per il Restauro, the state of the building, the quality of the air inside the Chapel, polluting factors and the state of conservation of the frescoes themselves have all been subjected to careful study and monitoring. The addition of a new access building, with its special air-conditioned waiting-room, allows a high number of visitors to enter the Chapel and admire Giotto's masterpiece without further jeopardizing its fragile condition in any way. The latest checks have shown that the condition of the frescoes is now stable. This has been further restoration actions possible, undertaken by the Istituto Centrale per il Restauro thanks to an agreement between the City of Padova and the Italian Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali.
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Your own Padova: Private Guided Tour of Padua
Duration: approx. 2 hours
- € 160.00
Tours & Activities
Gametour ‘The Mystery of the Amulet’ at the Catajo Castle - Padua: visit & play
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes
Location: Battaglia Terme
- per service
- € 312.00
Tours & Activities
Ca' Marcello: exclusive chic-nic in a venetian villa with a private guided tour
Duration: approx. 3 hours
Location: Piombino Dese
- Per person
- € 200.00
- per service