Carlo Goldoni’s House in Venice
Reasons to buy your ticket for Carlo Goldoni’s house online
- Visit the house where Carlo Goldoni was born, today housing an original museum dedicated to his plays, enriched by an 18th century puppet theater and some authentic manuscripts kept in the Library.
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of eighteenth-century Venice thanks to the ingenious set-up of the museum, which recreates eight different theatrical scenes with original furnishings of the time.
- Comply with 2021/2022 guidelines for access to museums, which require that the date and time slot of the visit be booked in advance
- Choose the day of your visit, the time and the number of tickets.
- Fill in the form fields and check that all the information entered is correct.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Present your voucher, printed or on a smartphone, at the ticket office of Casa Goldoni to receive your actual entry ticket.
- Adhere to your chosen day and time in order not to lose your reservation.
- Cancellation policies: these tickets cannot be changed or canceled and are non-refundable.
1) CASA GOLDONI - OPENING TIMES
Daily from 10.00 to 16.00 except Wednesday.
Closed: 25 December and 1 January
The time slots of the visit to Carlo Goldoni’s house reserved for our online tickets are:
10.00, 10.15, 10.30, 10.45, 11.00, 11.15, 11.30, 11.45, 12.00, 12.15, 12.30, 12.45, 13.00, 13.15, 13.30, 13.45, 14.00, 14.15, 14.30, 14.45, 15.00
2) CASA GOLDONI - TICKETS
Adult: € 6,00
Concession: € 5,50 children aged 6-14 accompanied by a parent and over 65s
Free: children up to 5 years
3) MUSEUM PASS VENICE
If you are interested in visiting other museums in Venice, choose the ‘Museum Pass’, an open-ended multiple ticket valid for 6 months, which allows you to visit Casa Goldoni and 10 other museums in Venice at a very convenient price.
4) CASA DI GOLDONI - GETTING THERE
Casa Goldoni is located in Rio Terà dei Nomboli 2794, in the San Polo district of Venice.
- arriving by train? It takes about a quarter of an hour on foot from Santa Lucia Train Station.
- Arriving by bus or by car? From Piazzale Roma it takes about 10 minutes.
- Arriving by vaporetto? take line 1 or 2 and get off at the San Tomà stop.
5) REASONS TO VISIT CASA GOLDONI
Ca ’Centanni, a refined example of Venetian architecture of the fifteenth century, is the birthplace of Carlo Goldoni, who was born here on February 25, 1707, and lived there with his family until 1719.
Donated to the Municipality of Venice in 1931, today it houses the Casa Goldoni Museum and the Center for Theater Studies, which, with its 30,000 volumes and documents, represents one of the most complete collections on an international level. Here some autographed manuscripts of the great playwright are also preserved.
The tour of Carlo Goldoni's house in Venice winds through three rooms, where eight different theatrical scenes are recreated, chosen from among the most famous works of Carlo Goldoni's extensive production. Each scene is presented with a short part of the text that inspired it, and is set up with original furniture components of the time. You will have the impression of entering firsthand Venice in the eighteenth century!
In the third room you will find a puppet theater, a splendid example of the mastery achieved by the artisans of Venice both in the imitation of real life and in the daring mechanisms that move the puppets.
On the walls it is possible to admire some scenes taken from Pietro Longhi’s paintings, which offer a genuine insight into the everyday life of the 1700s. The visit to the Carlo Goldoni's House ends in the video library, where visitors can watch the screening of a documentary film on Carlo Goldoni.