Casanova Museum & Experience in Venice
Why visit Casanova Museum and Experience?
- You will admire the first ‘experiential’ museum in the world dedicated to famous Giacomo Casanova
- You will step into Canova’s shoes, the most famous womanizer of the Serenissima, thanks to engaging and jaw dropping multimedia tools.
- You will get to know the best-kept secrets and stories of the great Venetian literary man through the exhibition of original period objects and autographed documents.
- Choose the day of your visit and the number of tickets. The date is not fixed, therefore, if necessary, you can use your ticket on a date of your choice, included in the opening hours and days of Jacques Casanova Museum in Venice.
- Fill in the required fields and check all information your entered is correct: once the online purchase procedure is completed, the reservation can no longer be changed or canceled and the tickets cannot be refunded.
- Pay by credit card.
- The voucher can be downloaded on the booking confirmation page and will also be sent to you by email, so be careful to enter a valid email address.
- The voucher you will receive at the end of the online booking must be presented at the Casanova Museum & Experience ticket office printed or on digital format on mobile devices.
- Ticket prices shown on venetoinside.com are the official prices for online sales to the public.
Book a visit
- Choose a date
Please select an approximate date for your entry ticket. In case of necessity, you can use it also before or after the chosen date.
- Input data
- Total price
- € 0.00
CASANOVA MUSEUM & EXPERIENCE, VENICE - TICKET PRICES
Adult: € 13.00
Children (from 5 to 12 years): € 7.00
Free: children up to 4 years
The voucher you will receive at the end of the booking is the only valid document and must be presented at the Casanova Museum ticket office printed or on a digital format on mobile devices.
- The date entered at the time of booking is not fixed: the ticket is open and therefore, you can use it on a date other than that indicated at the time of booking, provided that it is no later than December 31, 2020.
CASANOVA MUSEUM IN VENICE - VISITING TIMES
Every day from 10.00 to 18.30 (Last entry at 17.45)
ADDRESS OF CASANOVA MUSEUM & EXPERIENCE IN VENICE
Palazzo Malipiero, San Marco 3198, 30124 Venice
Palazzo Malipiero is located in Campo San Samuele, next to Palazzo Grassi on the Grand Canal.
FURTHER INFO ON CASANOVA MUSEUM & EXPERIENCE
Are you ready to step into Giacomo Casanova's shoes for 45 minutes? The Casanova Museum & Experience in Venice is not a museum like many others, rather a real interactive and joyful experience in the exciting world of eclectic and licentious Casanova, the undisputed protagonist of Venice in the 18th century and famous all over the world for having been, not only a great adventurer and womanizer , but also a writer, lawyer, clergyman, secret agent, alchemist, swordsman and much more! Even today his figure is shrouded in mystery and fascinates historian for his multifaceted character and for his compelling lifestyle which could rival any film in the present time.
The Casanova Museum in Venice is the first ‘experiential’ Museum in the world dedicated to the famous libertine at the times of the Republic of Venice and is housed in the splendid setting of Palazzo Malipiero, overlooking the Grand Canal in Campo San Samuele. Here young Casanova began to cultivate relationships with notables and intellectuals of the Serenissima, including Senator Alvise II Malipiero who was his ‘santolo’ (‘protector’ in Venetian dialect), until he was caught dallying with beautiful Teresa, the woman loved by the old senator who for this reason kicked him out of his house. How much mischief Giacomo Casanova must have been up to whilst staying at Palazzo Malipiero… And it will be a real thrill to admire the places he frequented so assiduously!
Visiting the exhibition at Giacomo Casanova Museum in Venice you will find yourself plunged into Casanova’s world thanks to magical virtual experiences, highly immersive installations and interactive exhibits, interspersed with moments of collective vision and individual enjoyment. Thanks to 3D technology you will wear Giacomo Casanova’s elegant clothes and be able to walk in historic Venice in the 1700s. Getting lost in hidden streets and squares, you will meet sensual ladies and enigmatic characters in the costumes of the time, experience the thrill of getting on a gondola and sailing in the intimate inner channels while remaining comfortably seated in your armchair!
The Venice Casanova Museum at Palazzo Malipiero, in addition to offering a highly engaging and exciting experience thanks to augmented virtual reality, will allow you to admire up close original historical testimonies of the Casanova era and life such as precious autographed documents, 18th century clothes, a spinet and a large lute... all this contributes to recreating the atmosphere of luxury and fun that could be enjoyed at the time but above all, to reconstructing the figure of the Venetian writer beyond the myth. The Museum of Casanova will lead you to discover even the most hidden sides of Casanova's soul, revealing his weaknesses, insecurities and anguishes.
Let yourself be seduced by the dissolute life of great Giacomo Casanova: relive his many trips to Europe, the exciting encounters with Tsarina Catherine II, Voltaire, the poet Baffo, Mozart, Pompadour, kings and queens and do not miss his daring escape from the prison of Doge's Palace in Venice thanks to the Casanova Museum in Venice!
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Afternoon Private Gondola Ride - 30 minutes
Duration: approx. 30 minutes
up to 4 people
- € 105.00
- per service