CASTELLO DI AVIO NEAR VERONA - TICKETS ONLINE (open date)
If you buy your ticket for the Castello di Avio online, you will:
- Immerse yourself in the enchanted atmosphere of a true medieval castle with towers and crenellated walls, less than an hour’s drive from Verona.
- Admire the precious fourteenth-century frescos situated on top of the Mastio. The wonderful panorama of Vallagarina will leave you breathless.
- Spend a very fun day with your family thanks to the exciting Treasure Hunt. This activity is included in the ticket price.
- Choose the date and number of tickets. Remember that the date is only provisional: you can use the ticket on whichever day of your choice, provided it is within the opening hours of Castello di Avio.
- Insert your personal details and check they are correct: once you proceed to payment, you cannot change or receive a refund for your payment(except for unforeseen museum closures).
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Show your printed voucher or on your smartphone at the ticket office.
- The ticket prices shown on venetoinside.com are the official prices for online sale to the public.
1) CASTELLO DI AVIO - TICKET PRICES
The ticket gives you admission to the castle for an independent visit. You can get a free audio and video guide via QR code which can be requested at the ticket office up to 30 minutes before the closing time (audio only in Italian). Duration about 1h. Reservation is recommended. Map and basic information in Italian, English and German.
Adult: € 8,00
*Concession: € 4,00 (children from 6 to 18 years)
**Concession for students up to 25 years old: € 6,00
- Children up to 5 years
- FAI and Trentino Guest Card members
- National Trust Members
- Mécènes members and Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre members
- Residents of the Municipality of Avio (TN)
- People with disabilities and their carer
2) CASTELLO DI AVIO - OPENING HOURS
From 25 February to 30 September 2022: 10.00 – 18.00, Wednesday to Sunday and on public holidays.
August 2022: 10.00 - 18.00, daily.
From 1 October to 20 November 2022: 10.00 – 17.00, Wednesday to Sunday and on public holidays.
From 21 November, for the Christmas markets, open only on 26th and 27th November, 3rd / 4th / 8th / 10th / 11th / 17th / 18th December from 10.00 to 18.00.
Last admission: one hour before closing.
The property is closed to the public in the winter. Extraordinary openings are available only for groups or exclusive visits, for information contact us!
3) HOW REACH THE CASTELLO DI AVIO
Castello di Avio is located in Avio (TN) in via al Castello Sabbionara d’Avio.
If arriving by train:
On the Verona - Brennero line, get off at the Avio train station, which is about 2.5 km from the Castle.
If arriving by car:
From the A22 Autostrada del Brennero motorway, take the Ala-Avio exit, between Verona and Trento, and then follow the signs.
Parking: car parking is available 450 meters from the Castle.
4) WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT CASTELLO DI AVIO?
Castello di Avio is a fortified monument of medieval origin located on the slopes of Monte Vignola, in the province of Trento. Its location less than an hour's drive from Verona and the main towns on Lake Garda, makes it a perfect destination for a day trip from the lake or from the city of Verona.
The Castle can be seen from afar thanks to its crenellated walls and its imposing towers. It was probably a military garrison in Lombard times, then it became the property of the Castelbarco family, who during the Middle Ages transformed it into a small feudal court, visited by artists and intellectuals. It then passed under the ruling of Venice in 1441 and since 1977 it has been owned by the FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano, which has completely restored it.
Walking through its entrance, to reach the main building you will enter the park in a succession of vineyards and tall cypresses. Once you have arrived at the Mastio, climb to the top and enjoy the splendid views over the Val Lagarina, crossed by the River Adige! On the clearest days your gaze will reach almost as far as Verona.
Children will also love this place, not only for the exciting medieval atmosphere, but also thanks to the game walks, with which they will learn about the history, characters and architecture of the Castle in a fun way!
Moreover, Castello di Avio also holds a precious treasure: the cycle of fourteenth-century frescoes from the Veronese school that decorate the interiors of the Camera dell’Amore and the Mastio. The paintings depict the art of war, but also courtesy love, and give us an authentic insight into the Middle Ages and the life of chivalry.
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Lake Garda private trekking tour from Verona: the Rocca and Bardolino
Duration: approx. 7 hours and 30 minutes
- € 578.00
Tours & Activities
Visit Sirmione and Lake Garda from Verona
Duration: approx. 4 hours
- Per person
- € 75.00
- per service