Murano Glass Museum (Venice)
If you buy your ticket for the Murano Glass Museum online:
- discover one of the most fascinating collections of the Venetian Civic Museums Foundation, on a journey through the centuries-old tradition of Murano glass;
- grab the opportunity to visit Murano, one of the most beautiful islands in the Venice lagoon;
- comply with 2021 guidelines for access to museums, which require that the date and time slot of the visit be booked in advance.
- Choose the day of your visit, the time and the number of tickets.
- Fill in the form fields and check that all the information entered is correct.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Present your voucher, printed or on a smartphone, at the ticket office of the Glass Museum, Venice, to receive your actual entry ticket.
- Adhere to your chosen day and time in order not to lose your reservation.
- Cancellation policies: these tickets cannot be changed or canceled and are non-refundable.
1) GLASS MURANO MUSEUM - OPENING DAYS AND TIMES
Thursday to Sunday 11.00 to 17.00 (last entry at 16.00)
Closed: 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The time slots for visiting the Murano Glass Museum reserved for our online tickets are:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
11.00, 11.15, 11.30, 11.45, 12.00, 12.15, 12.30, 12.45, 13.00, 13.15, 13.30, 13.45, 14.00, 14.15, 14.30, 14.45, 15.00, 15.15, 15.30, 15.45, 16.00
2) MURANO GLASS MUSEUM - TICKETS
Adult: € 11,00
Concession: € 9,50 children aged 6-14 accompanied by a parent and over 65s
Free: children up to 5 years
3) MURANO GLASS MUSEUM - ADDRESS AND GETTING THERE
The Glass Museum is located in Fondamenta Giustinian 8 in Murano. Arriving by vaporetto:
- From Piazzale Roma or the train station: travel on line 4.1 or 4.2 to the Murano Museum stop
- From Lido di Venezia: travel on line 5.1 to the Fondamenta Nuove stop, then change to Line 4.1 and get off at the Museo Murano stop
4) MUSEUM PASS VENICE
If you are interested in visiting other museums in Venice, choose the ‘Museum Pass’, an open-ended multiple ticket valid for 6 months, which allows you to visit the Murano Glass Museum and 10 other museums in Venice at a very convenient price.
5) WHY CHOOSE THE MURANO GLASS MUSEUM?
The Glass Museum offers a journey into the history of Murano glass from its origins to the twentieth century. Thanks to a chronological tour, you will discover the techniques, colors, styles of glass art, from its origins in Roman times, to the golden age between the fourth and seventeenth centuries, up to contemporary creations.
The Museum was founded in 1861 as an archive of all the testimonies of the history of the island of Murano: there were many donations both of glass made on the island in past centuries, and of contemporary glass by the owners of the kilns, demonstrating the enduring link between the life and history of the island and that of glass art.
You will admire "murrini" glass, vases and bowls in mosaic glass that the Romans made using sections of cane, reestablished and modernized in the nineteenth century by Murano glassmakers to become one of the most typical and appreciated crafts in Venice.
At the Murano Museum you will also learn about the other glass techniques invented between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries: ‘crystalline’ glass, the process that makes glass transparent, very pure and similar to rock crystal; ‘lattimo’, opaque white glass similar to porcelain, used in filigree glass or decorated with enamels; and ice glass with a characteristic “cracked” external surface.
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Half-day tour to Murano and Burano islands from St Mark's area
Duration: approx. 5 hours and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 20.00