Burano Lace Museum (Venice)
If you buy your ticket for the Lace Museum in Burano online:
- discover the history and techniques of the art of lace making thanks to a collection of more than 200 pieces made between the sixteenth and twentieth centuries.
- watch the master lace makers at work, who still pass down the secrets of this art through the generations.
- comply with 2021/2022 guidelines for access to museums, which require that the date and time slot of the visit be booked in advance.
- Choose the day of your visit, the time and the number of tickets.
- Fill in the form fields and check that all the information entered is correct.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Present your voucher, printed or on a smartphone, at the ticket office of the Glass Museum, Venice, to receive your actual entry ticket.
- Adhere to your chosen day and time in order not to lose your reservation.
- Cancellation policies: these tickets cannot be changed or canceled and are non-refundable.
1) LACE MUSEUM - OPENING DAYS AND TIMES
Daily 10.00 to 16.00 except Monday.
Closed: December 25th, May 1st
The time slots for visiting the Burano Lace Museum reserved for our online tickets are:
10.00, 10.15, 10.30, 10.45, 11.00, 11.15, 11.30, 11.45, 12.00, 12.15, 12.30, 12.45, 13.00, 13.15, 13.30, 13.45, 14.00, 14.15, 14.30, 14.45, 15.00
2) LACE MUSEUM - TICKETS
Adult: € 6.00
Concession: € 5.50 children aged 6-14 accompanied by a parent and over 65s
Free: children up to 5 years
3) LACE MUSEUM - ADDRESS AND GETTING THERE
The Lace Museum is located in Piazza Galuppi 187 in Burano. Arriving by vaporetto:
- From Piazzale Roma or the train station: take line 4.1 or 4.2 or 5.2 to Fondamenta Nuove, then change to Line 12, Burano stop.
- From Lido di Venezia: take line 5.1 to the Fondamenta Nuove stop, then change to Line 12, Burano stop.
4) MUSEUM PASS VENICE
If you are interested in visiting other museums in Venice, choose the ‘Museum Pass’, an open-ended multiple ticket valid for 6 months, which allows you to visit the Burano Lace Museum and 10 other museums in Venice at a very convenient price.
5) WHY VISIT THE BURANI LACE MUSEUM
The Lace Museum, part of the Venetian Civic Museums circuit, presents a journey to discover Burano’s lace art: history, techniques, precious pieces made between the 16th and 20th centuries and artifacts belonging to the collection of the Burano Scuola dei Merletti...
After an introductory room on the ground floor, with an evocative film and some didactic panels, the exhibition displays continue on the first floor in four thematic rooms, where more than two hundred specimens are exhibited that illustrate the evolution of the art of lace in Venice over the centuries.
You will admire the grace and intricacy of needlepoint embroidery, a unique skill of the Burano lace makers, and you will discover the different manufacturing techniques such as punto rosa or punto Burano. You will see how, starting from the first geometric style decorations, the technique was perfected and evolved over time, following the fashion trends and gradually introducing plant, floral and animal motifs, until it reached its highest expression in the seventeenth century, considered the golden century of lace making.
What’s more, if you visit the Lace Museum in the morning you will have the privilege of seeing the master lace makers at work, the custodians of this art handed down through the generations.