Olivetti Showroom in Venice – Entry Ticket with Guided Tour
- Visit one of the most elegant projects by Carlo Scarpa in St Mark’s Square, one of the most scenic places in the world.
- Explore the temporary exhibition 'Lucio Fontana / Antony Gormley'.
- Take part in an interesting guided tour of one of the most important FAI sites.
- Choose the date of your visit and the number of tickets:
- Insert your personal details and check they are correct: once you proceed to payment, you cannot change or receive a refund for your payment.
- Pay by credit card.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Show your voucher printed or on your smartphone at the ticket office to obtain your actual entry ticket.
- PLEASE NOTE: Remember to confirm your visit at least the day before, by contacting the Olivetti Showroom at the phone number you will find on your voucher.
Book a visit
- Choose a date
- Input data
- Total price
- € 0.00
1) OLIVETTI EXHIBITION - TICKETS
Adult: € 10.00
Free admissions: children up to 5 years of age
Before going to the Olivetti Museum in Venice, we kindly ask you to check the opening time and dates on the official website https://fondoambiente.it/luoghi/negozio-olivetti and to confirm your visit by calling the Showroom at the telephone number indicated on the voucher you will receive at the end of your reservation.
2) OLIVETTI SHOWROOM IN VENICE – OPENING HOURS
GUIDED TOUR IN ITALIAN
Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 12.00
GUIDED TOUR IN ENGLISH
Every Tuesday and Thursday, 12.00
In the event of high tide with 90 cm over mean sea level, opening hours may vary.
3) ADDRESS OF NEGOZIO OLIVETTI IN VENICE
The Olivetti Showroom is located in St Mark’s Square 101, 30124 Venice (Ve)
4) HOW TO GET TO THE OLIVETTI STORE IN VENICE
From Santa Lucia train station or Piazzale Roma bus station:
on foot to St Mark’s Square
vaporetto lines 1 and 2 to Rialto Bridge stop, then continue on foot to St Mark’s Square or continue on the vaporetto until you arrive at St Mark’s. To purchase vaporetto tickets, click on the following link: ACTV VENICE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TICKETS
5) FURTHER INFO ON OLIVETTI SHOWROOM IN VENICE
Under the arcades of the Procuratie Vecchie in St Mark’s Square in Venice there is a small corner shop that will catch your attention: it is the FAI Carlo Scarpa Olivetti showroom.
The Olivetti showroom in Venice was born by the will of Adriano Olivetti, who was not looking for a straightforward shop, but a place to pass on the values of his company: a unique place where past and future, innovation and tradition come together.
In 1957 he gave the project to the great architect Carlo Scarpa, who expertly redesigned and rearranged the narrow rooms thus succeeding in harmonizing the new internal room with the ancient beauty of the external monuments thanks to the skillful use of transparencies and materials.
The result is a unique balance between functionality, elegance and originality, which has its best expression in the hall on the ground floor, introduced by a refined marble fountain where the sculpture 'Nudo al sole' by Alberto Viani is positioned.
Of great visual impact is the central staircase, a masterpiece of lightness and dynamism, which gives access to the upper floor of the Olivetti showroom in Venice, where the historic Olivetti typewriters and calculators are exhibited.
The Carlo Scarpa Olivetti Floor in Venice is equally wonderful with square tiles of marble and Murano glass in white, red, yellow and blue, or primary colors combined with white.
After years of neglect, thanks to Assicurazioni Generali and the careful restoration carried out by the FAI Italian Environment Fund, on 20 April 2011 the Carlo Scarpa Olivetti Showroom was reopened to the public and today its upkeeping and conservation are in the hands of FAI.