Scala Contarini del Bovolo (Spiral Staircase) in Venice – Online Tickets
Why you should buy your ticket of the Scala del Bovolo of Palazzo Contarini online:
- The ticket is open-ended and therefore you can decide with peace of mind when to visit the Scala Contarini del Bovolo.
- Yu will climb the 80 steps of the most striking spiral staircase in Venice and when you are at its top you will enjoy an all-round view of the whole city.
- You will also visit an important collection of sculptures and paintings by important Venetian artists such as Tintoretto, Guardi and Sansovino.
- Choose the date of your visit, the time and the number of tickets. The date is not fixed, you can use the ticket on another date of your choice on the days and opening hours of the Scala del Bovolo.
- Fill in the fields and check that the information is correct. Pay attention as after your purchase you will not be able to change your reservation or get a refund.
- Pay by credit card.
- Download the voucher from the booking confirmation page or from the email you will receive after booking.
- Please present the voucher printed or on your smartphone.
- Remember to read important info
Book a visit
- Choose a date
Please select an approximate date for your entry ticket. In case of necessity, you can use it also before or after the chosen date.
- Input data
- Total price
- € 0.00
1) SCALA CONTARINI DEL BOVOLO - TICKET PRICES
Adult: € 8,00
Concession: € 6,00
- Children up to 26 years
- over 65s
Free: children up to 12 years
Further concessions and free tickets are available on site, at the ticket office of Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo.
The ticket allows you to access the staircase and the gallery housed on the second floor of Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and its exhibit of a selection of sculptures and paintings from the IRE Collection.
2) SCALA CONTARINI DEL BOVOLO - OPENING TIMES
Every day from 09.30 to 17.30 (last admission at 17.00).
Closed on August 15, 25 December and 1 January.
December 24th and 31st 2022: from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm (last admission at 3.30 pm)
Admission to the Scala del Bovolo is limited to 10 people every half hour. The visit lasts a maximum of 30 minutes.
If you want to visit the Scala del Bovolo with peace of mind, we encourage you to keep away from the busiest times between 11: 30-12: 00 and 15: 00-15: 30.
3) HOW TO REACH SCALA CONTARINI DEL BOVOLO
Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo is located in the San Marco district, next to Campo Manin, overlooking Rio di San Luca.
Address: Scala Contarini del Bovolo, San Marco 4303, 30124 Venice VE
- Arriving by train? It’s a 25 minutes’ walk from Santa Lucia Train Station.
- Arriving by bus or car? It’s a 20 minutes’ walk from Piazzale Roma.
- Arriving by vaporetto? Take line 1 from Piazzale Roma or line 2 from the train station. Get off at Rialto, then it’s about 5 minutes on foot.
4) WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT SCALA AND PALAZZO CONTARINI DEL BOVOLO
Scala Contarini is a revered building constructed in the shape of a spiral staircase (bovolo is the Venetian word), a perfect combination of different architectural styles: Renaissance, Gothic and Byzantine.
The staircase was commissioned by Pietro Contarini towards the end of the 15th century to connect the two wings of the building purchased a few years earlier. But the most important aim was to create a monumental building that could contribute to augmenting the prestige of the family. Mission accomplished: the staircase became so famous that the suffix “del Bovolo” was added to his branch of the Contarini family!
The staircase is 28 meters high and has 80 steps: from its domed belvedere you will admire an all-round view of Venice and its roofs, bell towers and palaces.
With the ticket you can also visit the gallery of Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, a short but significant exhibition dedicated to the Venetian artistic scene between the 16th and 18th centuries. Among the works on display, it’s worth mentioning the sketch of the Paradise by Jacopo Tintoretto for the Sala del Maggior Consiglio in the Doge’s Palace, the portrait of the Moor Lazzaro Zen by Francesco Guardi and an exceptional papier-mâché sculpture by Jacopo Sansovino.
5) SCALA CONTARINI DEL BOVOLO - FURTHER INFORMATION
- People with cardiovascular conditions and mobility impairments are highly discouraged from visiting Bovolo Tower in Venice.
- Entry for people with physical impairments is possible, but you must get in contact with the venue at least three days in advance in order to guarantee, if feasible, the provision of measures for adequate access and the removal of architectural barriers.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Animals/Pets are not allowed, except for guide dogs for the blind and dogs for assistance to people with disabilities.
- The palace and the staircase can be closed at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure and/or safety. When possible, prompt notification via email of such variations will be given along with instructions on alternative ways of using the service and/or how to ask for a ticket refund.
Need help choosing
ACTV Venice Public Transport including Vaporetto - Online Tickets
- € 10.50
Tours & Activities
Discover Burano - The secret corners of Burano
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Per person
- € 35.00
Tours & Activitiescoming soon
St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip the line Tours
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes