Venice / Points of interestGallery
Dorsoduro 3136, Venice
Since 1936, the beautiful rooms of Ca' Rezzonico Museum in Venice, Italy are home to the Ca' Rezzonico - Museum of 18th Century Art. The Ca' Rezzonico Palace isan amazing journey through one of the most fascinating and researched eras in the history of Venice.
- Bookable services
Ca' Rezzonico Museum admission offers a choice between two types of Ca' Rezzonico tickets: single tickets - which includes a visit to the Ca' Rezzonico museum del settecento Venice or if you are planning to visit other museums, there is the combined 11 Museum Pass in Venice (museums part of the Civic Museums Foundation of Venice).
We would like to offer you a starting point for planning your visit to the Ca' Rezzonico: opening hours, Ca' Rezzonico prices and an overview of the works of art that the Ca' Rezzonico Museum of Eighteenth Century Venice and what the Egidio Martini Art Gallery contains.
Among the museums of Venice, Ca' Rezzonico in Venice, Italy stands for the setting, which recreates that of a noble Venetian residence of the 18th century, complete with original period furniture and furnishings and works of art by the most important artists of the period - including Guardi , Longhi, Canaletto, Tiepolo and Tintoretto. Designed and decorated by the greatest artists of the 18th-century, the Ca’ Rezzonico palace in Venice is a work of art. It was acquired by the City of Venice to convert it into a temple during the era of elegance, sophistication and dissipation that was envied throughout Europe.
The layout of the museum Ca' Rezzonico Museum in Venice presents a rational succession of rooms capable of taking the modern visitor through a timeless atmosphere: the ground floor highlights the Baroque juxtaposition of solids and voids between courtyards and porches, while the three upper floors offer an endless parade of works of art, frescos and everyday objects arranged as if the building was still inhabited. Paintings, furniture and frescoes lost or sold over the course of time have been supplemented with material from other contemporary palaces of Venice or purchased on the antiques market.
On the ground floor of the Ca' Rezzonico gallery, the entrance offers the visitor services - Ca' Rezzonico Venice tickets office, cloakroom, information, café, bookshop, lift, toilets - while the pretty Ca' Rezzonico garden lends itself to host small theatrical performances.
Here is a brief look at the exhibition of Ca' Rezzonico paintings:
- Mezzanino Browningpresents the Mestrovich Collection, a remarkable group of paintings by artisits such as Francesco Guardi, Jacopo Tintoretto, Benedetto Carpaccio and Cima da Conegliano donated to the civic museum by the collector Dalmata Ferruccio Mestovich.
- The tour of the Ca' Rezzonico Museum of 18th Century Art starts from the beautiful grand staircase, through which you access the eleven rooms of the first floor. Among these deserve special attention: the splendid ballroom with two of its original chandeliers, the Allegory Wedding Hall with its beautiful ceiling frescoes by Giambattista Tiepolo; the beautiful pastel portraits housed in the Pastels Hall; a door lacquered in yellow and decorated with subjects in an Oriental style in the Hall of Tapestries; the porcelain collection housed in the passage that leads to the library; a desk by the cabinetmaker Peter Piffetti exhibited in the Lazzarini Hall; the furniture pieces sculpted by Andrea Brustolon for the Venier family which are considered as the greatest masterpiece of Venetian woodcarving of the first part of the 17th century.
- On the second floor of Ca' Rezzonico, Canaletto shows the 'portego of the paintings': the two paintings shown here are the artist’s only ones belonging to the circuit of the Venetian Civic Museums. Antonio and Francesco Guardi, Luke Carlevarijs, and other famous Venetian landscape painters of the eighteenth century period complement the works exhibited in the paintings in Ca' Rezzonico. From the next corridor an extraordinary succession of rooms begins which are devoted to one of the undisputed stars of Ca' Rezzonico: Tiepolo. The frescoes from the villa Zianigo, the artist’s residency, are displyed in order to recreate the original arrangement. The result is one of the most fascinating moments of the entire visit to the Ca' Rezzonico Museum of 18th Century art. While the second floor offers visitors many other wonders: the faithful reconstruction of the interior of a rural villa for the Venetian nobles and a typical bedroom of the 17th century- where you can admire, amongst others, the special vanity set which belonged to the Pisani Family, manufactured in Augsburg; works by Pietro Longhi and Antonio Guardi , not to mention the 'nun parlour of San Zaccaria' and 'Ridotto of Dandolo palace in St Moise' , two of the most famous works of Francesco Guardi at the Ca' Rezzonico Museum.
- The last part of the visit to the Ca' Rezzonico Museum of 18th Century art in Venice, takes place on the third floor of the building where you will find a wide collection donated to the Civic Museums of Venice by Egidio Martini. The Pinacoteca Egidio Martini features works from the 15th to the 20th century, almost exclusively of the Venetian school, such as Tintoretto, Cima da Conegliano , Alvise Vivarini, Palma il Giovane, Tiepolo, Longhi. Next to them are some, 'lesser known' artists who, thanks to the studies of this great patron have received proper recognition. Mythologies, portraits, landscapes, genre scenes, allegories and religious subjects…the Art Gallery of Egidio Martini offers an exciting and unusual journey through the golden age of Venetian paintings. Of particular charm are the three rooms od the Pharmacy Ai do San Marchi - also on the third floor of Ca' Rezzonico - recreating the original construction of the homonymous pharmacy in Campo San Stin decorated with majolica vases, furniture and glassware from the island of Murano.
Ca' Rezzonico Museum opening times
- From 1.04 to 31.10
10am – 6pm (last entrance at 5pm)
- From 1.11 to 31.03
10am – 5pm (last entrance at 4pm)
- Closed: Tuesdays, 25.12, 1.01, 1.05
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Venice Landmarks: Walking tour plus St Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Visits
Duration: approx. 4 hours
- Per person
- € 80.00