Bassano Fotografia 2013
From 14 September 2013 to 19 January 2014
From 14 September 2013 to 19 January 2014 the calendar of Bassano del Grappa events will see the return of one of the most popular Vicenza exhibitions in 2013 of photographs of the region: Bassano Fotografia 2013!
Now in its third edition, the Biennial of Bassano Photography offers a fascinating overview of contemporary photography through the eyes of well-known photographers and amateurs.
The Bassano Fotografia 2013 offers a full program of ideas, exhibitions and meetings, and as usual, it will involve the whole of Veneto in a long series of Bassano events dedicated to the vast world of photography.
Founded in 2009 with 'Photography Project' - the Bassano photography exhibition dedicated to Ansel Adams presented over 26 works of the American master - the Biennale of Bassano quickly established itself as one of the most interesting events of photography in Veneto. In the following edition - 2011 - the Bassano photography festival proposed exhibitions and events in over 106 venues around the city exposing photographers like Sofie Knijff, Zonta Bassett, Douglas Kirkland, Enzo from Pilgrim and many others. Due to the great satisfaction of these early editions by the public and critics the Bassano photography exhibition has become one of the most prestigious cultural Bassano events in decades.
The common thread of all the Bassano del Grappa events in 2013 will be dedicated to 'Free Interpretations' photography, a comprehensive theme to amaze and excite visitors in various places in the beautiful centre of Bassano del Grappa in Veneto by important photographers and enthusiasts in the industry.
Here are some Bassano events to mark on your calendar - 2013 Program:
- Mimmo Jodice Canova at the Museo Civico di Bassano del Grappa: a fascinating tribute to the most important Italian sculptor of Neoclassicism, seen through the lens of Mimmo Jodice photographer - one of the greatest interpreters of Italian photography. Large photographs - part of the long journey of the Mimmo Jodice gallery in the most important museums in the world to capture shadows, lights, shapes and poetry of Canova's sculptures - on display alongside the originals of the Venetian master in the Museo Civico di Bassano.
- Daniele Pellegrini , the photographer who made the first trip around the world in trucks with Cesare Gerolimetto, will exhibit in the gallery of the Civic Museum of 'Anthology': experiences and travel tips from his long experience as a documentary photojournalist.
- Palazzo Bonaguro in Bassano will be one of the largest venues: inside it will host the circles of photographs selected to represent the provinces together with the contributions of the Twin Cities of Bassano del Grappa - Sibenik (Croatia Voiron (France Mühlacker (Germany). The mezzanine floor will exhibit photography by Giancarlo Torresani together with art in an unprecedented confrontation, on the main floor Chioggia by Mario Vidor and finally, in the atrium, Pierluigi Lucietto exhibits his photographs dedicated to female beauty.
- In the opening days of the Bassano fotografia 2013-14 and 15 September - the Agostinelli Palace will host 'Inside Photographs: from travel reportage to studio portrait. Paths to learn how to take pictures that excite': seminars, workshops and conferences with special guests including Gianni Berengo Gardin, Septimius Benedusi, Denis Curti and Monica Silva.
- At the Sturm Palace, the Bassano photography exhibition will give space to schools - 'the city seen by children' from the Vittorelli Jacopo Comprehensive School in Bassano del Grappa and 'Free Interpretations' by the G. De Fabris of Nove Art School - and photographs by Francesco Fontana devoted to dance.
- And again Nicola Zolin with 'Under the veil of Iran' in the beautiful loggia of the town hall, 'Particular Bassano' by Caesarà Gerolimetto and many other events to discover a fascinating Bassano del Grappa, in the name of photography!
From 14 September to 10 November 2013 Bassano del Grappa becomes the 'capital' of photography: a place for established and emerging photographers for a great festival that will animate the entire city, with many events taking place until 19 January 2014!
Period: From 14 September 2013 to 19 January 2014
Event location: Bassano del Grappa
Contacts: For more information about Bassano Fotografia 2013: http://www.bassanofotografia.it/
Venice: ‘Su e zo per i ponti’ 2020
19 April 2020
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 24 May 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 October 2019
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020