Chestnut Festival Combai IGP
Gastronomy, sports and culture in one the most awaited Italian food festivals!
From 07 October 2016 to 01 November 2016
From 7 October to 1 November look forward to three weeks of tasting, tradition and fun! The Combai Chesnut Festival 2016 is ready to bring life to the charming town near Treviso with lots of dates!
Now in its 72nd edition, the famous Combai Chestnut Festival in Italy in 2016 has become one of the most anticipated festivals in the Veneto region, which attracts more than 80 thousand visitors from all over Italy every year.
Nestled in the hills of Prosecco, Combai of Miane provides a truly enchanting place for the chestnut festival in Treviso 2016. The central character of this event is the local chestnut, which became IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) in 2010 and is produced exclusively in 11 municipalities in the foothills: Sarmede, Cison of Valmarino, Vittorio Veneto, Cordignano, Segusino, Fregona, Revine Lago, Follina, Tarzo, Valdobbiadene and Miane.
The Combai Sagra della Castagna Festival IGP is a unique opportunity to learn and enjoy this delight: prepared in huge roasters, chestnuts can be enjoyed alone or combined with the excellent local wines, such as the famous Prosecco or Verdisio.
Immerse yourself in the richness of the local gastronomy at the Combai Sagra della Castagna: delicious sweets, honey, jam and other delicacies based on chestnuts will be on sale for the entire duration of the event at the tasting point, open from Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 12pm, Saturday from 11am to 12pm and Sunday from 11am to 10pm.
In addition to a tasting point, the Combai Chesnut Festival in Treviso will also offer many events aimed at involving adults and young ones in discovering the surrounding territory and all the preparations based on chestnuts:
- The Festival dei Marroni in Combai offers a different dish every day of the week (a soup with chestnuts and mushrooms on Tuesday; tortelli with chestnuts on Wednesday; stew with chestnuts on Thursday; gnocchi with chestnuts on Saturday), whereas on Fridays you can try the Combaiota, the beer made with chestnuts, combined with different specialties (chestnut lasagne on Friday 7th; grilled chicken with chestnut sauce Friday 14th; pastin, a typical dish from Belluno, and chestnut sausages on Friday 21st; chestnut sausages on Friday 28th).
- Every Saturday afternoon - 8/15/22/29th October at 3pm - in Combai, chestnut food festival in Italy in 2016, you can take part in an enjoyable walk to collect chestnuts. This initiative is especially open for families that will spend an usual afternoon walking through the woods looking for chestnuts!
- Sunday, October 16th the Combai 2016 program will present the 'Enchanted Forest', a walk in the woods following a path bordered by wooden sculptures created during the sculpture symposiums held in the past editions of the Combai Chesnut Festival 2016, one of the food festivals in Italy.
- Sunday, October 23rd 'Marronando' is back: the 18th edition of the charming non-competitive walk through chestnut woods! A 6 or 12 km route to explore the enchanting territory that constitutes the background for the famous Festival dei Marroni in Combai di Miane.
- Sunday, October 30th Giovanni Carraro, the hiking guide and expert of the Treviso Pre-Alps, will illustrate the Verdisio Route that follows the 1025path. The route, 8 km long, is suitable for everyone!
- On Friday 21st and October 28th the Combai local council will organise two original night walks.
- Every Saturday and Sunday markets and arts&crafts exhibitions will animate the streets of Combai: the Sagra dei Marroni once again will offer the 'Fantastica via' with shows and music! Families will be involved in entertaining activities by woodcarvers, creative painting and weaving workshops, cheese making, polenta preparation and cob cleaning explanations… Instead, for those looking for a less creative entertainment option, card and bowls tournaments will take place at the 'Ave Tonet' pub!
- In Combai, at one of the best Italy food festivals, the Comby path is also back! It is a recreational and educational itinerary that began last year and has already involved more than 3000 students from the surrounding area! Discover the secrets of the chestnut tree, wood ecosystems and ancient mysteries along the way. Every Sunday at 2pm guided excursions open to everyone will be available at the Veneto food festival in Combai.
If you are planning on taking a trip to Combai for the Chesnut Festival in Treviso in 2016, do not forget to go to the Biss Badaliss restaurant on Saturday 22nd where the 'rostidora d'Oro' award for the best chestnut cook will take place!
The Combai festival, considered the best chestnut festival in the Veneto region, is a real paradise for gourmets! Theme nights, sports, activities for families, markets and traditions will attract lots of visitors…
Among the side events at the Chestnut Festival in Italy in Combai, we would like to point out 'Esplorambiente', a very successful initiative reserved for schools and nursery schools which has been organized by the Associazione Produttori Marroni di Combai and the local council for 28 years! Created with the aim of raising children's awareness towards respecting nature and letting them discover the ancient bond between man and mountains, the project includes a series of excursions and educational tours immersed in the chestnut forests of Combai. The Chestnut Festival and 'Esplorambiente' enthusiastically involve even the youngest, dedicating animated tours and entertaining thematic workshops especially to this age group.
If you are looking for Treviso Italy food events 2016 and Veneto food festivals, from 7 October to 1 November 2016 do not miss the Combai Chestnut Festival!
Period: From 07 October 2016 to 01 November 2016
Event location: Combai, Treviso
Contacts: for more information www.combai.it
Need help choosing
Venice: Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2019
From 21 December 2019 to 06 January 2020
Verona: Verona Christmas Markets in Verona and its province
From 02 November 2019 to 06 January 2020
Venice: The glorious life of the Doge Francesco Morosini at Correr museum in Venice
From 28 June 2019 to 06 January 2020
Veneto: Christmas Markets 2019 in Venice & Veneto region
From 01 November 2019 to 06 January 2020