Chestnut Festival Combai IGP
Gastronomy, sports and culture in one the most awaited Italian food festivals!
From 05 October 2018 to 01 November 2018
The Combai Chesnut Festival 2018 is ready to bring life to the charming town near Treviso with lots of events: from 5 October to 1 November look forward to three weeks of tasting, tradition and fun!
Now in its 74th edition, the famous Combai Chestnut Festival in Italy in 2018 has become one of the most anticipated festivals in the Veneto region, which attracts more than 80 thousand visitors from all over Italy every year.
Nestled in the hills of Prosecco, Combai of Miane provides a truly enchanting place for the chestnut festival in Treviso. The central character of this event is the local chestnut, which became IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) in 2010 and is produced exclusively in 11 municipalities in the foothills: Sarmede, Cison of Valmarino, Vittorio Veneto, Cordignano, Segusino, Fregona, Revine Lago, Follina, Tarzo, Valdobbiadene and Miane.
The Combai Sagra della Castagna Festival IGP is a unique opportunity to learn and enjoy this delight: prepared in huge roasters, chestnuts can be enjoyed alone or combined with the excellent local wines, such as the famous Prosecco or Verdisio. Immerse yourself in the richness of the local gastronomy at the Combai Sagra della Castagna: delicious sweets, honey, jam and other delicacies based on chestnuts will be on sale for the entire duration of the event at the tasting point, open from Tuesday to Friday from 10.00 am to 12.00 am, Saturday from 11.00 am to 12.00 am and Sunday from 11.00 am to 8.00 pm.
In addition to a tasting point, the Combai Chesnut Festival in Treviso will also offer many events aimed at involving adults and young ones in discovering the surrounding territory and all the preparations based on chestnuts:
- The Festival dei Marroni in Combai offers a different dish every day of the week - a soup with chestnuts and mushrooms on Tuesday, tortelli with chestnuts on Wednesday, stew with chestnuts on Thursday, gnocchi with chestnuts on Saturday. On Fridays you can try the Combaiota, the beer made with chestnuts, combined with different specialties (chestnut lasagne on Friday 5th; grilled chicken with chestnut sauce Friday 12th; pastin, a typical dish from Belluno, and chestnut sausages on Friday 19th; chestnut sausages on Friday 26th).
- Every Saturday afternoon – 6/13/20/27th October at 3.00 pm - in Combai, chestnut food festival in Italy in 2018, you can take part in an enjoyable walk to collect chestnuts. This initiative is especially open for families that will spend an usual afternoon walking through the woods looking for chestnuts!
- Sunday, October 14th Giovanni Carraro, the hiking guide and expert of the Treviso Pre-Alps, will illustrate the Verdisio Route that follows the 1025path. The route, 8 km long, is suitable for everyone!
- On Friday 19th and 26th October the Combai local council will organise two original night walks.
- Sunday, October 21st 'Marronando' is back. This charming non-competitive walk through chestnut woods - 6 or 12 km route – will let you explore the enchanting territory that constitutes the background for the famous Festival dei Marroni in Combai di Miane.
- Every Saturday and Sunday markets and arts&crafts exhibitions will animate the streets of Combai: the Sagra dei Marroni once again will offer the ‘Fantastica via’ with shows and music! Families will be involved in entertaining activities by woodcarvers, creative painting and weaving workshops, cheese making, polenta preparation and cob cleaning explanations… Instead, for those looking for a less creative entertainment option, card and bowls tournaments will take place at the 'Ave Tonet' pub!
- In Combai, at one of the best Italy food festivals, the Comby path is also back! It is a recreational and educational itinerary that has already involved more than 3000 students from the surrounding area. Discover the secrets of the chestnut tree, wood ecosystems and ancient mysteries along the way. Every Sunday at 2.00 pm guided excursions open to everyone will be available at the Veneto food festival in Combai.
If you are planning on taking a trip to Combai for the Chesnut Festival in Treviso in 2018, do not forget to go to the Biss Badaliss restaurant on Saturday 20th where the 'rostidora d'Oro' award for the best chestnut cook will take place!
The Combai festival, considered the best chestnut festival in the Veneto region, is a real paradise for gourmets! Theme nights, sports, activities for families, markets and traditions will attract lots of visitors…
If you are looking for Treviso Italy food events 2018, from 5 October to 1 November 2018 do not miss the Combai Chestnut Festival!
Period: From 05 October 2018 to 01 November 2018
Event location: Combai, Treviso
Contacts: for more information www.combai.it
Need help choosing
Tours & Activitiessee u next year
Guided tour and lunch buffet at Villa Tiepolo-Passi in Treviso
Duration: approx. 3 hours
Venice: 'Contemporary Dialogues with Tintoretto' at Ca' d'Oro
From 20 October 2018 to 24 February 2019
Venice: Venice Carnival 2019
From 16 February 2019 to 05 March 2019
Vicenza: 'The Triumph of Color. From Tiepolo to Canaletto and Guardi. Vicenza and the Masterpieces of the Moscow Pushkin Museum’
From 23 November 2018 to 10 March 2019
Treviso: Fiori d’inverno 2018/2019
From 09 November 2018 to 24 March 2019