Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2018
Organize with us your Christmas holidays and New Year’s Eve in Venice!
From 22 December 2018 to 06 January 2019
If you are looking for things to do in Venice at Christmas and New Year’s Eve, guided tours and activities, what to do during your Venice Xmas breaks and the opportunity to spend an unforgettable Venice Christmas celebration, do not miss our suggestions to plan a memorable stay!
On our portal you can autonomously organise your Venice Christmas holidays by booking hotels, tours, transfers and tickets museums: take immediate advantage of the best deals for the New Year’s Eve breaks in Venice and reserve everything online before your departure!
You will have the opportunity to plan your stay in Venice at Christmas time and New Year's Eve: Venice is a dream that could soon become a reality! Plan your trip with the safety of relying on real insiders who will advise on the best information thanks to a deep and direct link to the area. You will spend the most magical nights of the year walking along the picturesque canals of the historic centre and have fun in the main squares or taking part in the exclusive parties of the best hotels and restaurants in the Venice New Year’s Eve!
Among the ideas for New Year's Eve, Venice is always at the top of the list: we advise you to take time to go through all the possible options in order to choose the one that best suits your needs and the type of accommodation you are looking for! Remember that the hotels located in the historic center are much more expensive than a similar structure in the nearby mainland and that there are frequent services between Mestre and Venice, so a great compromise to enjoy Venice between Christmas and New Year in 2018 without spending a fortune may be to opt for an accommodation choice away from the historic center.
Whatever you choose, if you are not travelling by car, the next step will be to decide how to reach your hotel in Venice: private water taxis or collective transfers and public transport are often besieged by the tourists who reach Venice for Christmas breaks! On our portal you have the opportunity to book these services online, in order to avoid problems and long queues at the ticket offices!
The city on the water offers plenty of entertainment opportunities, with a long list of both Venice Christmas events and Venice New Year's Eve events:
- Christmas Eve’s dinner or Christmas lunch? The prestigious restaurant restaurant 'La Cupola' of the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal and the Canova restaurant of the Baglioni Hotel Luna offer both options, with two different and sophisticated menus available to customers who want to spend Christmas with family and friends and enjoy flavors and joyful moments!
- Given the long list of Venice New Year's Eve events, dinners and boat parties, you will definitely be spoilt for choice!
- Gala dinner with live music in the sophisticated atmosphere of 'La Cupola' restaurant and dancing after the stroke of midnight... New Year’s Eve at the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal offers the right mix of elegance and fun!
- The Luna Hotel Baglioni, on the other hand, features the top-notch cuisine of chef Daniele Zennaro, to be savored while admiring the frescoes of the Scuola del Tiepolo that decorate the splendid Salone Marco Polo. Live music and 1920s inspired entertainment, midnight toast and all-night dancing complete the New Year's Eve program at the Baglioni Hotel Luna.
- Without diminishing the importance of hotels, Venice is famous for its historic palaces... Would you like to spend your New Year's Eve party at Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro? A fairytale location for an evening of great emotions, with the possibility to choose whether to dine - with fish and meat menus available - or just come along after dinner and join the New Year's Eve after dinner party with two DJ mix sets and open bar!
- If you are looking for something more original, why not take go for a fun-filled New Year's Eve boat party? Onboard a traditional Venetian galleon, buffet dinner, music and free drinks sailing around Venice and its enchanting lagoon!
If you are staying in Venice for several days, we recommend you take a look at our Veneto’s events section: here you can find exhibitions, shows, food and wine festivals and much more to fully experience Venice and the other cities in the region! Do not forget that this year marks the 500th anniversary of Tintoretto’s birth: Venice celebrates one of its most illustrious citizens with a long series of initiatives located throughout the entire historic center.
Besides the many events, in our sections 'All Venice Tours' and ‘Attractions’ you can choose the best activities to enjoy Venice during Christmas time and include in your travel agenda visits that rouse your interest. Below you can find listed activities that we have chosen for you to wish you a memorable stay if you decide to spend Christmas in Venice and New Year's Eve in Venice in 2018!
- Doge’s Palace: it is the building that more than any others embodies the spirit of the golden age of the Serenissima Republic. To discover this incredible artistic treasure during your Venice Christmas holidays in 2018, plan your visits well in advance! Do you prefer a group tour or an exclusive private guided tour of Palazzo Ducale? Alternatively, you can simply buy the entry ticket to the Doge's Palace and visit it in complete autonomy!
- St Mark’s Basilica: it is one of Venice’s most valuable treasures, a golden symbol that has accompanied, and still does, Venice in its thousand-year-long history. Entrance to the Basilica is always free; if you prefer to visit it with a guided tour, in our portal you can find many ideas, including a fascinating guided evening tour of the Basilica!
- Gondola: what can be done exclusively in Venice? A gondola ride! Whether individual or collective, the traditional boat of Venice will give you some of the best moments of your vacation in Venice at New Year!
- New Year's Eve in Venice Italy with children: for families, we designed an ad hoc tour that can engage adults and children in the discovery of Venice! No trouble in case of bad weather... The pioneering Natural History Museum of Venice may be a good alternative if the weather impedes open-air walks during your stay in Venice at Christmas!
- Excursions: the Venetian lagoon offers winter postcard scenarios... Murano, Burano and Torcello, but also the minor islands will transport you into an unreal atmosphere, suspended in the past ... You can decide to visit them with our organized boat trips or independently traveling with the Venetian public transport or onboard the City Sightseeing boats!
- Fashion, Venetian history, traditions, modern and oriental art: the Civic Museums of Venice have collections for all tastes! If you want to visit them all, remember that when buying the Museum Pass you can save a lot compared to purchasing individual tickets! If you instead are after something unusual, the Scala del Bovolo and the fascinating House Museum Querini Stampalia could the right thing for you!
Celebrate with us Venice on Christmas day and New Year’s Eve 2018 in Venice, Italy: offers and ideas for all tastes!
If you then decide to stay in the Venice lagoon until the Epiphany, take note of two major events on January 6th, 2019 in Venice:
- The exciting Epiphany Witches Rowing Race along the Grand Canal, with departures at 11.00 am
- The Clock Tower in St Mark’s square hosts a show that takes place only twice a year: at the stroke of midday, from the side panel of the clock, you can watch the procession of the Nativity, with the Wise Men parading in front of the Virgin Mary.
How to celebrate the New Year in Venice and Xmas in Venice? Rely on us and choose the best solutions for your requirements!
Our staff also take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Period: From 22 December 2018 to 06 January 2019
Event location: Venice
Need help choosing
Tours & Activitiessee u next year
Christmas Eve Dinner and Christmas Day Lunch at the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal in Venice
Duration: approx. 4 hours
Tours & Activitiessee u next year
New Year's party at Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro in Venice
Duration: approx. 5 hours
Vicenza: Marostica Summer Festival 2019
From 03 July 2019 to 20 July 2019
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2019
From 20 July 2019 to 21 July 2019
Verona: Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2019
From 21 June 2019 to 07 September 2019
Verona: Verona Summer Theatre 2019
From 15 June 2019 to 14 September 2019