Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2022
Enjoy your Christmas and New Year's Eve holidays in Venice with our parties, exclusive dinners and interesting activities and guided tours!
From 21 December 2022 to 04 January 2023
If you are looking for things to do in Venice at Christmas and New Year’s Eve, guided tours and activities, what to do during your Venice Xmas breaks and the opportunity to spend an unforgettable Venice Christmas celebration, do not miss our suggestions to plan a memorable stay!
On our portal you can autonomously organise your Venice Christmas holidays by booking tours, transfers and tickets museums: take immediate advantage of the best deals for the New Year’s Eve breaks in Venice and reserve everything online before your departure!
You will have the opportunity to plan your stay in Venice at Christmas time and New Year's Eve: Venice is a dream that could soon become a reality! Plan your trip with the safety of relying on real insiders who will advise on the best information thanks to a deep and direct link to the area. You will spend the most magical nights of the year walking along the picturesque canals of the historic centre and have fun in the main squares or taking part in the exclusive parties of the best hotels and restaurants in the Venice New Year’s Eve!
Among the ideas for New Year's Eve, Venice is always at the top of the list: we advise you to take time to go through all the possible options, between guided tours, boat trips, dinners and exclusive parties and book directly online the experience that suits you best.
The next step will be to decide how to reach your hotel: private water taxis or collective transfers and public transport are often besieged by the tourists who reach Venice for Christmas breaks! On our portal you have the opportunity to book these services online, in order to avoid problems and long queues at the ticket offices!
The city on the water offers plenty of entertainment opportunities, with a long list of both Venice Christmas events and Venice New Year's Eve events:
- Christmas Eve’s dinner or Christmas lunch? The prestigious restaurant 'La Cupola' of the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal offers both options, with two different and sophisticated menus available to customers who want to spend Christmas with family and friends and enjoy flavors and joyful moments!
- Given the long list of Venice New Year's Eve events, dinners and boat parties, you will definitely be spoilt for choice! The elegant Palazzetto Pisani will give you a truly unforgettable New Year's Eve! Treat yourself to an exclusive dinner with refined dishes and rich in tradition based on fish.
- Without diminishing the importance of hotels, Venice is famous for its unique locations... Would you like to spend your New Year's Eve inside an old deconsecrated church? A fairytale location for an evening of great emotions,with an elegant fish dinner, live music and top cabaret shows to keep you entertained until the fateful countdown!
- New Year's Eve boat party? Onboard a traditional Venetian galleon, buffet dinner, music and free drinks sailing around Venice and its enchanting lagoon!
If you are staying in Venice for several days, we recommend you take a look at our Veneto’s events section: here you can find exhibitions, shows, food and wine festivals and much more to fully experience Venice and the other cities in the region!
Besides the many events, in our sections 'All Venice Tours' and 'Entry Tickets for Museums and Monuments’ you can choose the best activities to enjoy Venice during Christmas time and include in your travel agenda visits that rouse your interest. Below you can find listed activities that we have chosen for you to wish you a memorable stay if you decide to spend Christmas in Venice and New Year's Eve in Venice in 2022!
- Doge’s Palace: it is the building that more than any others embodies the spirit of the golden age of the Serenissima Republic. To discover this incredible artistic treasure during your Venice Christmas holidays in 2022, plan your visits well in advance! Do you prefer a group tour or an exclusive private guided tour of Palazzo Ducale? Alternatively, you can simply buy the entry ticket and visit the building in complete autonomy!
- St Mark’s Basilica: it is one of Venice’s most valuable treasures, a golden symbol that has accompanied, and still does, Venice in its thousand-year-long history. If you prefer to visit it with a guided tour, in our portal you can find many ideas, including a fascinating guided Unusual perspectives of St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit of the museum with access to the terrace!
- Gondola: what can be done exclusively in Venice? A gondola ride! Whether individual or collective, the traditional boat of Venice will give you some of the best moments of your vacation in Venice at New Year!
- New Year's Eve in Venice Italy with children: for families, we designed an ad hoc tour that can engage adults and children in the discovery of Venice! No trouble in case of bad weather... The pioneering Natural History Museum of Venice may be a good alternative if the weather impedes open-air walks during your stay in Venice at Christmas!
- Excursions: the Venetian lagoon offers winter postcard scenarios... Murano, Burano and Torcello, but also the minor islands will transport you into an unreal atmosphere, suspended in the past ... You can decide to visit them with our organized boat trips or independently traveling with the Venetian public transport!
- Fashion, Venetian history, traditions, modern and oriental art: the Civic Museums of Venice have collections for all tastes! If you want to visit them all, remember that when buying the Museum Pass you can save a lot compared to purchasing individual tickets! If you instead are after something unusual, the Scala del Bovolo and the fascinating Casa Museo Querini Stampalia could the right thing for you!
Celebrate with us Venice on Christmas day and New Year’s Eve 2022 in Venice, Italy: offers and ideas for all tastes!
If you then decide to stay in the Venice lagoon until the Epiphany, take note of two major events on January 6th, 2023 in Venice:
- The exciting Epiphany Witches Rowing Race along the Grand Canal, with departures at 11.00 am.
- The Clock Tower in St Mark’s square hosts a show that takes place only twice a year: at the stroke of midday, from the side panel of the clock, you can watch the procession of the Nativity, with the Wise Men parading in front of the Virgin Mary.
How to celebrate the New Year in Venice and Xmas in Venice? Rely on us and choose the best solutions for your requirements!
Our staff also take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Period: From 21 December 2022 to 04 January 2023
Event location: Venice
Vicenza: Asiago Fiocchi di Luce. Fireworks and lots of fun for the most exciting pyromusical competition in the Veneto region.
From 10 February 2023 to 12 February 2023
Venice: Valentine's Day in Venice. Tips and ideas for couples to celebrate.
14 February 2023
Venice: Venice Carnival 2023
From 04 February 2023 to 21 February 2023
Padua: Futurism. The birth of the avant-garde 1910-1915. An exhibition in Padua at Palazzo Zabarella.
From 01 October 2022 to 26 February 2023