Christmas Markets 2018 in Venice & Veneto region
Enjoy the magic atmosphere of Xmas in the Veneto region!
From 10 November 2018 to 06 January 2019
During November and December, Italy is preparing to celebrate with coloured decorations and beautiful Christmas markets in Italy: Veneto, our beautiful region, welcomes visitors to its squares and streets packed with fascinating stalls exhibiting products of all kinds. On this page you can find a small guide dedicated to the best Italy Christmas markets in Padua, Treviso, Venice and Vicenza, not to mention the small and picturesque towns of the region!
Among the many Christmas markets near Venice, Italy, Treviso and Verona are the provinces that hold the most famous and original markets - just think of the Christmas markets in Cison di Valmarino, which each year attract thousands of people, or the Christmas village in Bussolengo - while Christmas markets in Asiago or in Belluno and its province boast a unique natural and highly suggestive environment, between its snowy peaks and films scenarios. Venice Christmas markets 2018 will be steeped in an atmosphere of joy and sharing that has few equals in the rest of Italy!
Below you will find the schedule of the Christmas markets in Veneto 2018 with dates and information. We selected for you the best Christmas markets: the list is broken down by province and includes the major cities of the region.
To fully experience the magic of Christmas we suggest you spend one or two weekends at the Christmas markets, in order to be able to visit more provinces and discover the local traditions. On our portal you can plan your trip conveniently online and book any tours and activities in Veneto to accompany the visit of the markets!
Christmas Markets 2018 in the Veneto region
Christmas markets in Belluno and its Province
- Christmas markets in Sappada. Christmas in the Heart, Christmas Markets - Piazza Palù, from 21 to 26 December 2018.
- Christmas markets in Pedavena - Park Brewery Pedavena, on 18 and 25 November and on 2/8/9/16 and 23 December 2018.
- Christmas markets in Fonzaso - Piazza Angeli, from 10 November 2018 to 6 January 2019.
Christmas markets in Treviso and its Province
- Christmas markets in Treviso - from 18 November 2018 to 7 January 2019. In addition to the Christmas Markets, Treviso will offer exhibitions, tastings, concerts and entertainment in the entire historical centre.
- Cison of Valmarino Christmas Market Stars at Christmas - the downtown streets, on 8/9 and 15/16 December 2018.
- Christmas markets in Castelfranco Veneto – public garden near the castle walls, from 24 November 2018 to 6 January 2019.
- Christmas markets in Follina. Winter Colours – historical centre, on 1/2 and 8/9 December 2018.
- Christmas markets in Badoere di Morgano – ‘La Rotonda’ Square, on 18 November and 16 December 2018.
Christmas markets in Vicenza and its Province
- Christmas markets in Vicenza – Corso Fogazzaro and San Lorenzo Square, on 7-9, 14-16 and from 21 to 24 December 2018 with stalls, truck food festival, shows and typical products.
- Christmas markets in Bassano del Grappa - Garibaldi Square and Libertà Square, from 17 November to 26 December 2018.
- Asiago Christmas Markets. The Gardens of Asiago – Carli Square and Risorgimento II Square, from 10 November 2018 to 6 January 2019.
- Gallio Christmas Markets, on 7/9, 15/16 and from 22 December 2018 to 6 January 2019.
Christmas markets in Padua and it Province
- Padua Christmas market - from 8 December 2018 to 6 January 2019.
- Christmas markets in Bastia (Rovolon) – Christmas Village – on 16 and 23 December 2018.
Christmas Markets in Verona and Province
- Christmas markets of Verona and Lake Garda deserve a special attention ... Discover them all in the dedicated pages!
Christmas markets in Venice and its Province
- Christmas markets in Mestre - from 1 December 2018 to 6 January 2019.
- Christmas markets in Jesolo. Jesolo Christmas Village, from 1 December 2018 to 13 January 2019.
- Christmas markets in Caorle, Caorle in Wonderland - Papa Giovanni Square, from 7 December 2018 to 6 January 2019.
- Christmas markets in Venice
In Venice, Xmas markets and other events coming before Christmastide are not very frequent in the historical centre. In addition to Strada Nova, where you can find one of the most famous Venice Christmas Markets, and Campo San Polo, with its amazing ice rink, also Campo San Maurizio - from 7 to 9 December 2018 - and the historic Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro - on 15 and 16 December 2018 - host two curious market not to be missed! If you are planning a trip to Venice just before Christmas day or on the occasion of New Year’s Eve, we suggest you to have a look at our little guide dedicated to Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Venice!
In the historical centers of the main cities of the region and in small villages, such as Bassano del Grappa, the Christmas markets are among the most anticipated events of the year: local products and original craft creations will give you the unique magic of a Christmas market in Venice Italy full of ancient customs and traditions that have been forgotten.
Sparkling windows, decorated streets and majestic Christmas trees surround fairs and Christmas markets in Veneto: each province exhibits its most characteristic products, including delicious food and wine specialties and small masterpieces of local craftsmanship!
For more information, times and programme, please consult the official website of the municipalities indicated above.
Period: From 10 November 2018 to 06 January 2019
Event location: Belluno, Venezia, Verona, Treviso, Vicenza, Padova
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Skip The Line: St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Tours
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Per person
- € 65.00
Tours & Activities
Your Own Treviso: Private Guided Tour of Treviso
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
- € 150.00
Padua: Padua marathon 2019
28 April 2019
Venice: Printing R-Evolution at Correr Museum in Venice
From 01 September 2018 to 30 April 2019
Vicenza: 'The Triumph of Color. From Tiepolo to Canaletto and Guardi. Vicenza and the Masterpieces of the Moscow Pushkin Museum’
From 23 November 2018 to 05 May 2019
Verona: 'Bottega, Scuola, Accademia. Painting in Verona from 1570 to the plague of 1630'
From 17 November 2018 to 05 May 2019