Easter and Spring Holidays 2017 in Venice
Choose the best activities for your springtime holidays in Venice!
From 13 April 2017 to 01 May 2017
- Bookable services
- Taxis & Transfers
The Spring holidays in Italy will soon be here and many people are already looking for the best options to have a short break from the daily routine! Easter in Venice, the city on the water, is one of the most romantic ideas for a short break of a few days. The magical Venice Easter weekend, which this year will be celebrated halfway through April, on April 25th, the Bocolo Festival in Venice, or the extended weekend of May 1st holiday in Venice: on these dates the city on water will provide unforgettable days of art, entertainment and breath-taking scenery!
In this article we would like to give you a few ideas to help you organize what to do in Venice in April and for the Springtime in Venice, where to go, events and shows that should not to be missed to experience an extraordinary Venice breaks in April 2017!
As we are real insiders who know the area because we experience it every day, we will take you on a journey to discover our unique city with a series of activities for everyone: spending Easter Sunday and Monday, the extended holiday on 25 April in Venice, Italy or May 1 will allow you to really get in touch with the many facets of this fascinating city, rich in history, but also of culture and alive with traditions!
Our suggestions for Venice in April 2017 are in chronological order. You can decide to spend all your Venice Easter break, for example, from Thursday 13th to Monday 16th April, or, if you live in the surrounding area, choose it as a destination for a leisurely picnic on Easter Monday in Venice! Here we are proposing some Venice deals for April and activities that you can book online just a few days before your departure. An excellent solution if you opt for a last minute Easter weekend in Venice or if, you prefer, wait for the weather forecast before deciding what to do during your Spring break in Venice Italy!
Spring in Venice Things to do April 2017
- You can learn more about the history of Venice and its symbol monument thanks to our tour of St Mark’s Basilica and its Treasures, a guided tour of the basilica with access to the Pala d'Oro and the St Mark’s Treasury, which also includes a stop at St. Mark’s Baptistery and the exclusive visit of the Zen Chapel.
- You cannot claim to have really seen Venice without having seen it from a water perspective, the element that characterizes it and that makes it a unique city. A magical gondola ride takes you to admire the beautiful buildings of the city and its most picturesque spots surrounded by a thousand reflections of the lagoon waters.
- Venice is not only the historical centre. The islands of the lagoon offer as many emotions and unique landscapes. So why not take advantage of the Easter holidays in Venice to visit them? An excursion to Murano, Burano and Torcello, or even just to Murano and Burano with typical fish lunch or a lagoon tour with the traditional Venetian boats. To get a complete overview of our proposals by boat, please consult our boat tour section!
- Discover the city in a completely personalized way with Your Own Venice, or entrust our private thematic tours like Cinetour in Venezia, libertine Venice and Casanova tour, all facilitated by local tour guides!
- Let’s not forget that at Easter children are on holiday too.. And what better occasion than Easter to spend time together? Thanks to our original Venice for kids, you will enjoy an itinerary that engages your whole family to discover Venice at Easter with your family without any trouble!
- If you choose Venice only as a daily destination for Venice Easter Monday, Venice City Sightseeing will allow you to easily reach the main attractions of the city, Murano and the Lido with one convenient day pass!
- And how about climbing St. Mark's Bell Tower? Thanks to our skip the line ticket you will marvel at the amazing view of Venice from above avoiding long lines at the entry!
After the Easter holidays it is time to think of Spring in Venice, Italy! We want to offer our best offers for the long weekend of 25 April in Venice Italy - San Marco is the celebration of the patron of the city with the traditional Festa del Bocolo, during which it is tradition to give a rose bud to a special person – and for the celebration of 1st May. In addition to the ideas that we have listed above for the Easter holidays, which are still valid for 25th April and 1st May for Venice city break deals, we can add numerous proposals!
25th April and 1st May Venice city break deals activities and Tips
- Visit the lesser known corners of the city with a walk through the hidden corners of Venice or visit Venice on foot or by boat ;
- Take advantage of our combined tours in order not to lose the main attractions and save on the final price! The most sought after and appreciated ones are Walking tour, Doge’s Palace and St Mark’s Basilica, St Mark’s Basilica & Doge’s Palace, Walking tour, St Mark’s Basilica and gondola with departure in the morning, whereas for those who prefer to stay in bed a bit longer and start the visit in the afternoon Doge’s Palace, Hidden Venice & Gondola ride is the perfect option!
- Take part in original experiences, like a Venetian cooking course at a popular historic restaurant, a Venetian rowing course to learn how to row a traditional boat which has for centuries been used in the lagoon, or a fascinating evening with dinner and classical or jazz music concert in Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro .
- If you are staying in Venice for four or five days we suggest that you take some time to visit Burano, the most colourful island in the Venetian lagoon! Thanks to Discover Burano, available even in the afternoon and with the visit to the San Francesco del Deserto monastery, you can delve right into Venice’s soul and let yourself be carried away by its most authentic side.
- Check out our attractions section to learn about the museums open on 1 May in Venice and buy your tickets conveniently online!
Spending Easter in Venice, Italy, April 25 or May 1 holidays will give you great emotions and many surprises!
For Venice holidays in April do not forget to book your hotel or other accommodation and any water transport to reach Venice: on our website you can organize all your holiday conveniently online!
Pack your luggage, book everything in a matter of minutes and discover Venice! April 25 and May 1 ... Spring in Venice is the ideal destination for the Easter holidays!
Period: From 13 April 2017 to 01 May 2017
Event location: Venice
Need help choosing
Venice Public Transport
ACTV One-way Vaporetto tickets & 24/48/72-hour and 7-day Travel Cards
- € 7.50