Spring holidays - what to do in Venice in April and in other art cities!
Ideas and tips on destinations for your Easter getaways and what to do on April 25th and May 1st
From 18 April 2019 to 05 May 2019
The long-awaited 2019 spring holidays are almost upon us and many people are already looking for the best ideas to break off from the usual daily routine! This year, thanks to Easter being at the end of April, the chance of enjoying a short getaway for a few days is a temptation difficult to resist!
Spending the weekend of Easter in Venice, which this year is celebrated on April 21st, is always a good idea... If you can extend your stay for a few more days, and enjoy the opportunity to also visit some other splendid Venetian cities, such as Padua, Vicenza or Verona, the experience will surely turn out to be unforgettable!
In this article we want to offer you some ideas to help you better plan your time: where to go, what to do on May 1st, April 25th and Easter, events and festivals not to be missed to enjoy fantastic spring holidays in our outstanding region! As true insiders, who know the area very well because we live in it, we will guide you to discover its wonders with a series of activities suitable for everyone.
Keep in mind that all our ideas are suitable for both those on holiday and those who just want to enjoy a short daytrip... So, whether you choose to spend your spring break in Venice, Italy, Verona or another city, or you choose them for a daytrip destination, follow our valuable tips and you will not miss the opportunity to experience them to the fullest!
For your spring holidays in Italy, opt for the Veneto region: art, entertainment and breathtaking scenery encompassing the golden beaches of the Adriatic, great cities of art and the magical peaks of the Dolomites!
Easter breaks to Venice
- If you are coming to Venice for the first time, you cannot miss the sights that have made it famous throughout the world! St Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace and gondolas are undoubtedly the icons of the Serenissima, as well as its unique setting with no match elsewhere in the world, to be relished strictly on foot during a pleasant walk through popular places as well as less-known ones.
- If it is not your first time in Venice and you have already seen its most famous attractions, space for imagination... Have you already visited the islands of the lagoon by boat? And the Lido of Venice by bike? Sticking to the historical center, there are countless activities that can make your stay in the city a truly unforgettable experience. Thematic tours, rowing lessons, guided tours to discover places not usually included in the classic tourist routes, climbing the Scala del Bovolo, visiting the Querini Stampalia Foundation or other Venice museums, planning a private visit of Venice with a local guide and customizing it according to your needs... it is difficult to make a complete list of the innumerable choices that Venice offers its visitors! We have selected the best ones: take a look at our Tour and Activities in Venice and you will get the full picture, but don't feel overwhelmed by the glut of choices! Using the filters on the left you can customize the search according to your needs!
- Staying in Venice isn’t limited to simply visiting the city ... Why not spend a day discovering other areas of its region? Cortina and the Dolomites, Treviso and the Prosecco area or Asolo and Bassano del Grappa with relaxing guided excursions!
Spring breaks in Verona
- The second, extraordinary city in our region is Verona, known above all for the Arena and Romeo and Juliet’s tragic love story. A visit to the city can therefore only start from these two landmarks: the Verona Arena with skip-the-line access and a private guided tour of Verona to trace the vicissitudes of Shakespeare’s lovers.
- But there is more to Verona than the Arena and Romeo and Juliet ... As with Venice, here too we have selected for you the best experiences in Verona, both in the historical center and in the splendid nearby areas, such as Valpolicella and Lake Garda: food and wine, gametour, walks and bike rides will make you appreciate the soul of this ancient and equally picturesque city!
- Between Verona and Lake Garda is also the most famous theme park in Italy ... Why not spend Easter at Gardaland? The famous amusement park is open both at Easter and Easter Monday, from 10.00 to 18.00, but also on April 25th and May 1st, but keep in mind that these dates will be very popular: buy your tickets online and save wasting time queuing at the ticket office!
Besides Venice and Verona, among the destinations for a short spring break in Italy in 2019, Padua and Vicenza should not be left out:
- An evening guided tour of the Scrovegni Chapel or a tour of Padua taking in Unesco heritage sites, the University and mansions on the Brenta Riviera will reveal the cultural and artistic soul of the Saint city.
- Vicenza, on the other hand, is almost synonymous with Andrea Palladio ... Do you know that the work of this brilliant architect greatly influenced the development of this city? Find it all out with one of our experiences in Vicenza, including villas, fun and a nice ride!
Pack your bags and get ready to go! If you still don't believe it, come and see: Easter, April 25th or May 1st, Veneto is the ideal destination for your spring break in Italy in 2019!
Period: From 18 April 2019 to 05 May 2019
Event location: Venice, Verona, Padua and Vicenza
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
Your Own Verona: Private Guided Tour of Verona
Duration: approx. 2 hours
- € 145.00
Tours & Activities
Murano, Burano & Torcello: hop on hop off boat tour from Venice
Duration: 24hr ticket
- Per person
- € 20.00
- per service
Padua: Padua marathon 2019
28 April 2019
Venice: Printing R-Evolution at Correr Museum in Venice
From 01 September 2018 to 30 April 2019
Vicenza: 'The Triumph of Color. From Tiepolo to Canaletto and Guardi. Vicenza and the Masterpieces of the Moscow Pushkin Museum’
From 23 November 2018 to 05 May 2019
Verona: 'Bottega, Scuola, Accademia. Painting in Verona from 1570 to the plague of 1630'
From 17 November 2018 to 05 May 2019