Eastern Festival 2018
All the magic of the Far East at the Padua fair for two weekends!
From 07 December 2018 to 16 December 2018
From 7 to 9 and 14 to 16 December, the Padova Fiere exhibition center will host the 2018 edition of the Festival dell’Oriente! Shows, concerts, exhibitions, gastronomy, workshops and many other events will allow you to take in the culture, history and the fascinating traditions of the Far East... Are you intrigued by the magical atmosphere of these distant lands? Get ready to live an unforgettable experience!
With the passage of editions, the Oriental Festival has become one of the flagship events throughout Italy regarding the culture and tradition of the Eastern countries: this is a travelling event which every year takes place in some of the largest cities in Italy, such as Naples, Turin and Padua to reveal the unique charm of far-away countries!
Inside the pavilions of Padova Fiere, the Eastern Festival will plunge you into the traditions and culture of Vietnam, India, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Japan, China, Tibet, Indonesia, Thailand, ... You will be completely captured by the magical atmosphere of these distant and mysterious lands and attend the various events, including Kimono dressing ceremony, Mandala Ceremony, Chinese Circus, Tea Ceremony, and also traditional textile hand-painting, Vietnamese contortionism, Origami, acrobatics, face mask changing, and finally, traditional music and dance performances of the various countries: this and much more await you during a gripping journey to discover the Orient!
The rich program of the Oriental Festival in Padua in 2018 lists more than 400 events every day, from 10.30 to 22.30, including shows, demonstrations, talks, courses and performances. In the proximity of the various stages you will find the times of the numerous planned performances.
At the Oriental Festival in December, 2018, it will also be possible to visit many exhibitions, including the reproduction of a typical Japanese village and a Japanese Zen temple, katanas, food sticks, samurai armors and helmets, the fountains of Zen gardens, origami and hand fans, photographs and traditional clothes of the various countries.
Festival dell'Oriente in 2018 will give ample space to the bazaars and the traditional markets - where, over 500 exhibitors will present their products to the public. You will be able to blissfully wander through coloured fabrics, traditional costumes, antique jewellery, handbags, footwear but also incense, scented candles, essential oils, amulets, tattoo, beauty products and food.
There will be tapestries, statues, vases, carpets and other special furnishings, all, of course, in classic Eastern style.
At the Festival dell’Oriente you will discover and appreciate the flavours of eastern cuisine through tantalizing tastings presented in the dedicated area or directly in the many booths, assist in the preparation of sushi dishes and actively participate in numerous cooking classes to be held on site.
In addition to the best-known Japanese and Chinese specialties, the Oriental Festival 2018 in Padova is expanding its culinary offer giving you the opportunity to try Indian, Thai, Sri Lankan and Tibetan cuisine, and to visit areas dedicated to gastronomy with refined and exotic settings.
Ample space during the Festival dell'Oriente in Padua is also given to workshops and activities, as proved by the many initiatives again planned for the 2018 edition:
- Shodo course - learn the secrets of the art of Japanese calligraphy. Instructors will guide you and teach you the various models of calligraphy and ideograms writing.
- Carving course - aimed at those who wish to approach the art of making figures with fruit and vegetables for decorating purposes.
- Course of Tibetan bells - learn harmonic sound massage, intended as the beginning of a journey to promote relaxation, balance, well-being and concentration.
- Tea Ceremony - one of the most popular events of the Oriental Festival in Padua, to learn about history, traditions and legends, ceremonies and rituals, preparation and types of tea.
- Ikebana course - the refined Japanese art of flower composition in theoretical and practical lessons.
- Reiki course – a short introductory explanation, simple practical exercises and final harmonization for all participants.
- Sumi-e course - the Eastern Festival in Padua, Italy, will also feature the traditional Far East monochromatic painting, which uses only black ink in different concentrations.
Origami Course - the extraordinary art of folding colored paper to create various objects including flowers and animals, is back at theOriental Festival in Padova, Italy, during a workshop that should not be missed!
The Oriental Festival in Padova, Italy, will showcase two additional festivals, running alongside and closely linked to the main festival:
- Festival of Martial Arts: exhibitions, workshops and stalls of sector products and accessories. Teachers and athletes will perform on stage and the tatami areas to entertain visitors with shows and seminars spanning across Aikido, Karate, Ju Jitsu, Tai Chi Chuan and other Oriental martial arts, not forgetting those developed in the Western world as a result of the influences of Oriental culture, such as Kick Boxing or Krav Maga.
- Health and Wellbeing from East to West: an exhibition entirely dedicated to health and well-being ... Treatments, massages, cosmetics, herbs, herbal teas, plus organic products, natural disciplines and alternative therapies. A great event dedicated to wellness in its broadest sense, with numerous stands, workshops and conferences.
From 7 to 9 and from 14 to 16 December, the Orient Festival is waiting for you in Padua! Tickets can be purchased online on the official website: www.festivaldell'oriente.net or directly on site.
Festival dell’Oriente, Padova, Times
- From 10.30 until 22.00
Festival dell’Oriente, Padova, Tickets
- Adult: €12,00
- Concession: €8,00 – children aged 5 to 10 years and those accompanying disabled people
- Free for children up to 5 years of age and disabled people
Period: From 07 December 2018 to 16 December 2018
Event location: Padua
Contacts: other info at festivaldelloriente.net
Need help choosing
Padua: Arte Padova - Modern and Contemporary Art Trade Fair
From 15 November 2019 to 18 November 2019
Venice: Canaletto, Tiepolo, Tintoretto and other 'hidden' treasures at the House Museum Querini Stampalia
From 21 November 2018 to 21 November 2019
Padua: Jazz Festival 2019
From 25 October 2019 to 23 November 2019
Venice: Art Biennale 2019
From 11 May 2019 to 24 November 2019