Fiori d’inverno 2019/2020
Don’t miss the events dedicated to the famous radicchio di Treviso IGP!
From 08 November 2019 to 22 March 2020
All is set for the come-back of Fiori d’Inverno: from 8 November 2019 the Red and Variegated radicchio di Treviso IGP, and the delicious products associated with it, will take centre-stage during a long series of food and wine events in Treviso and Venice!
As per tradition, Fiori d'Inverno in Italy will provide an opportunity to get in touch with the delicious foods and wines of the Treviso and Venice area and discover their fascinating places of production. Numerous events will take place in the lands that boast excellent products, based on the renowned Treviso red chicory.
During Fiori d’Inverno, the delicious Trevisano radicchio will be accompanied by other iconic products of the prestigious Venice and Treviso gastronomy: guided tastings, entertainment, exhibition markets, traditions and history ... The numerous radicchio di Treviso events will please the palate and spirit!
Until 22 March, Fiori d’Inverno 2019/2020 will promote the food and wine traditions and the many local products of the area of Treviso with 11 exciting exhibition markets...
Radicchio Festival, Treviso, Italy 2019/2020
- 8-24 November 2019 - Radicchio exhibition in Rio San Martino: organic fruit and vegetables, red chicory IGP from Treviso, Verona and Chioggia linked by a single red thread that promotes the products and territories of Veneto at the 38th Festival of Red Radicchio from Treviso IGP!
- 28 novembre-16 dicembre 2019 – 32nd Radicchio Tardivo Exhibition in Martellago: talks and themed evenings with producers, food stands with traditional radicchio recipes, 12th edition of the Radicchio d'Argento song contest and Best Radicchio Rosso Tardivo contest
- 29 November – 1 December 2019 – 3rd Festival of Radiccio di Treviso IGP in Spresiano: on Friday tastings of Risotto with Radicchio, Saturday and Sunday tasting of fried by 'Le Pepere'! A big exhibition of Radicchio from Treviso and Castelfranco with the possibility to buy and taste typical products and radicchio-based dishes.
- 6-8 December 2019 - Treviso red chicory Ancient Fair: tastings, events and experts chefs are ready to surprise you with exciting cooking shows.
- 14-15 December 2019 – 35th Red chicory of Treviso festival in Mogliano Veneto: theme dinners, demonstrations of ancient crafts, exhibitions of farming civilization, tastings and much more.
- 10-19 January 2020 - Red chicory of Treviso Festival in Zero Branco: 27th edition of one of the most anticipated chicory Treviso events and its province for the winter, dedicated to the renowned produce farmed in this area. Agriculture, crafts, entertainment, fun and culture events for ten days!
- 12 January 2020: Red chicory of Treviso Festival and traditional Venetian flavours in Mirano, Venice: traditional local produce and market with over 40 producers for a day not to be missed.
- 17-19 January 2020 - Treviso red chicory Festival in Preganziol: one of the most historical chicory Treviso events, which this year celebrates its 49th edition with shows, tastings, entertainment for children and a small market with local produce.
- 24 January-2 February 2020 - Treviso red chicory Festival in Dosson di Casier, Treviso: Treviso Red Chicory takes center stage with exhibitions and food stalls.
- 8-15 March 2020 – Primavera in Festa in Roncade! Exhibition market of Treviso red chicory and Roncade Verdon, not forgetting the events dedicated to Piave wines, the vintage cars and bikes show, music and entertainment.
- 22 March 2020 - Spring Colors and Flavors in Quinto di Treviso: a great conclusion of the list of food and wine events in Treviso with a weekend dedicated to Tardivo Radicchio, Radicchio Verdon and Badoere white asparagus.
Treviso red chicory
Treviso Red Chicory – IGP Precoce: large tuft, elongated and tightly closed; the main vein of the leaf is white and branches out into many small capillaries of deep red color. The taste is bitter but pleasant and the texture is crunchy. After ripening in the field, it is harvested from the beginning of September and is immediately ready for selling.
Treviso Red Chicory - IGP Tardivo: it is the finest and the progenitor of all the other varieties of radicchio. It has regular, compact and uniform sprouts; the dorsal rib is fairly large and the leaf flap is of intense red color. The flavor is bitter, with tasty leaves and a crunchy main rib. Harvest begins in November and, before being sold, is carried out in three distinct phases: 'Pre-forcing' – bundles are assembled from 25-30 plants and positioned in furrows and sheltered from low temperatures inside small polytunnels; 'Forcing and whitening' – the bundles are placed in tanks filled with 10 to 12 cm of running resurgence water and left for 15-20 days; 'Finishing' – excessive leaves are removed in heated rooms. At the end of these three phases the bundles are untied and are ready for selling.
Castelfranco IGP Variegato Chicory- called the 'flower that you can eat', it is a cross between the Treviso Red Chicory IGP Tardivo and escarole. The tuft has a minimum diameter of 15 cm, the leaves are round and cream-white with variegations from light purple to bright red. The taste is sweet and pleasantly bitter. Castelfranco chicory is harvested from the beginning of October and, before being sold, undergoes forcing - the tufts are immersed in water and then placed in heated rooms to achieve the correct amount of moisture and light and best support shoots growth.
Take note of the various events planned for Fiori d’Inverno 2019/2020! And don't miss our exclusive
radicchio IGP tour! Discover how this famous winter flower is born and taste excellent local products at kilometer 0!
Period: From 08 November 2019 to 22 March 2020
Event location: Treviso and Venice provinces
Contacts: for more information about festa del radicchio 2019/2020 - http://www.fioridinverno.tv/home.htm
Need help choosing
Garda: Gardaland Oktoberfest: the popular Bavarian festival at Italy’s number one amusement park
From 19 September 2020 to 04 October 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 28 February 2021