Fiori d’inverno 2017/2018
Don’t miss the events dedicated to the famous radicchio di Treviso IGP!
From 03 November 2017 to 25 March 2018
All is set for the come-back from 3rd November 2017 of Fiori d’Inverno: the Red and Variegated radicchio di Treviso IGP, and the delicious products associated with it, will take centre-stage during a long series of food and wine events in Treviso and Venice!
As per tradition, Fiori d'Inverno in Treviso will provide an opportunity to get in touch with the delicious foods and wines of the Treviso area and discover their fascinating places of production. Numerous events will take place in the lands that boast excellent products, based on the renowned Treviso red chicory.
During Fiori d’Inverno, the delicious Trevisano radicchio will be accompanied by other iconic products of the prestigious Venice and Treviso gastronomy: guided tastings, entertainment, exhibition markets, traditions and history ... The numerous radicchio di Treviso events will please the palate and spirit!
Until 25th March, Fiori d’Inverno 2017/2018 Treviso will promote the food and wine traditions and the many local products of the area of Treviso with a series of exciting exhibition markets...
Radicchio Festival, Treviso, Italy 2017/2018
- 3rd – 19th November 2017 - Radicchio Exhibition in Rio San Martino: organic fruit and vegetables, Spadone red chicory, kiwi, sweet potatoes and a food and wine competition for culinary schools at the 36th Red Chicory of Treviso Festival in Rio San Martino di Scorzè - Venice!
- 1st – 11th December 2017 – 29th Tardivo Radicchio Exhibition in Martellago.
- 8th – 10th December 2017 - Treviso red chicory Ancient Fair: tastings, events and experts chefs are ready to surprise you with exciting cooking shows.
- 16th – 17th December 2017 – 33rd Red chicory of Treviso festival in Mogliano Veneto: theme dinners, demonstrations, exhibitions, tastings and much more.
- 12th – 21st January, 2018 - Red chicory of Treviso Festival in Zero Branco: 25th edition of one of the most anticipated chicory Treviso events and its province for the winter!
- 14th January, 2018: Red chicory of Treviso Festival and traditional Venetian flavours in Mirano, Venice.
- 20th – 21st January 2018 - Treviso red chicory Festival in Preganziol: one of the most historical chicory Treviso events, which this year celebrates its 47th edition.
- 26th January – 4th February, 2018 - Treviso red chicory Festival in Dosson di Casier, Treviso.
- 11th March, 2018 – Primavera in Festa in Roncade! Exhibition market of Treviso red chicory and Roncade Verdon, not forgetting the events dedicated to Piave wines, the vintage cars and bikes show, music and entertainment.
- 25th March, 2018 - Spring Colors and Flavors in Quinto di Treviso: a great conclusion of the list of food and wine events in Treviso with a weekend dedicated to Tardivo Radicchio, Radicchio Verdon and Badoere white asparagus.
Treviso red chicory
- Treviso Red Chicory – IGP Precoce: large tuft, elongated and tightly closed; the main vein of the leaf is white and branches out into many small capillaries of deep red color. The taste is bitter but pleasant and the texture is crunchy. After ripening in the field, it is harvested from the beginning of September and is immediately ready for selling.
- Treviso Red Chicory - IGP Tardivo: it is the finest and the progenitor of all the other varieties of radicchio. It has regular, compact and uniform sprouts; the dorsal rib is fairly large and the leaf flap is of intense red color. The flavor is bitter, with tasty leaves and a crunchy main rib. Harvest begins in November and, before being sold, is carried out in three distinct phases: 'Pre-forcing' – bundles are assembled from 25-30 plants and positioned in furrows and sheltered from low temperatures inside small polytunnels; 'Forcing and whitening' – the bundles are placed in tanks filled with 10 to 12 cm of running resurgence water and left for 15-20 days; 'Finishing' – excessive leaves are removed in heated rooms. At the end of these three phases the bundles are untied and are ready for selling.
- Castelfranco IGP Variegato Chicory- called the 'flower that you can eat', it is a cross between the Treviso Red Chicory IGP Tardivo and escarole. The tuft has a minimum diameter of 15 cm, the leaves are round and cream-white with variegations from light purple to bright red. The taste is sweet and pleasantly bitter. Castelfranco chicory is harvested from the beginning of October and, before being sold, undergoes forcing - the tufts are immersed in water and then placed in heated rooms to achieve the correct amount of moisture and light and best support shoots growth.
Take note of the various events planned for Fiori d’Inverno 2017/2018! Exciting events in the province of Treviso to discover one of Veneto's most famous products: the famous red and variegated radicchio di Treviso IGP!
Period: From 03 November 2017 to 25 March 2018
Event location: Treviso and Venice provinces
Contacts: for more information about festa del radicchio 2017/18 - http://www.fioridinverno.tv/home.htm
Need help choosing
Padua: Jazz Festival 2018
From 13 October 2018 to 24 November 2018
Venice: Architecture Biennale 2018 - Freespace
From 26 May 2018 to 25 November 2018
Venice: Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2018
From 22 December 2018 to 06 January 2019
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2018 Exhibitions
From 08 April 2018 to 06 January 2019