Discover the gondola tours of venetoinside
Treat yourself to the magic of Venice with a fascinating gondola ride along quaint canals and enchanting views
From 14 December 2013 to 31 October 2014
A not-to-be-missed appointment when staying in Venice, a gondola tour lets you cherish unique and captivating moments: an unmatched experience that will show Venice under a different and original light.
With a gondola ride in Venice you can discover small and charming canals and be enthralled by the magical atmosphere that permeates this enchanting city.
Known throughout the world as one of the symbols of Venice, the gondola boasts ancient origins and a long evolution which has made it acquire, in time, its present-day characteristic shape.
The modern structure of a gondola began to be shaped from the end of the 17th century. Between the 18th and 19th centuries it acquired the maneuverability, balance and proportions that today make it the ideal means to discover Venice on water, enjoying the enchanting scenes and poetic glimpses that can be admired only on a tranquil boat on one of Venice's canals. The construction of a typical Venice gondola takes around one year: 11 metres long, a gondola is made up of around 280 pieces, carved from a total of eight different wood types. Steered by one or more rowers - the well-known Venice gondoliers - a Venice gondola is a not-to-be-missed attraction if you want to experience the city and its unrivalled magic to the full.
Ideal for a special night in Venice - as an original birthday idea or a pleasurable activity during a romantic weekend in Venice - a gondola is suited for both young and old and a source of inspiration for those looking for something romantic to do in Venice with their loved one.
A Venice gondola tour is an invitation that cannot be turned down! For this reason venetoinside.com offers five amazing gondola tours in Venice, with different characteristics and costs to please any budget…Three of these tours are group ones and will therefore require you to share the gondola with other people (up to maximum 6 people per gondola whilst two are instead private tours offering therefore the unique opportunity to have a gondola to yourself. Choose the one you prefer and book online now!
Group tours (with possible sharing of the gondola with up to maximum 6 passengers)
- Gondola ride: a unique Venice gondola tour to discover some of the lesser known and enchanting areas of the city. A gondola ride in Venice around the Basilica of St Mary of Health and the intimate atmosphere of the smaller canals around the La Fenice Grand Theatre that will take you the more intimate areas of Venice whilst being lulled by the gentle rocking of the gondola.
- Discover Venice and gondola ride: a single tour combining the two best known aspects of this extraordinary city: Venice on foot, to discover the so-called minor Venice, and Venice on a gondola with breath-taking sceneries! Two different perspectives within a single tour to fully enjoy the thousand facets of this splendid city: a fascinating walk in Venice, accompanied by an expert tourist guide who will describe the most important buildings along the route - as seen from the outside - and a suggestive gondola ride that will leave from the Health district on the Grand Canal and follow the small canals around the La Fenice Grand Theatre.
- Gondola Serenade: a poetic Venice gondola tour that will let you enjoy a timeless experience, in touch with the most traditional side of Venice: a night gondola ride, accompanied by traditional Venetian musicians in the background bringing back to life an ancient Venice custom. After boarding the gondola, you will join other boats and navigate close to a barge , where musicians and singers will be performing. Thanks to this romantic and magic gondola ride you will experience an unforgettable night in Venice!
Private tours (gondola wholly reserved for you)
- Tete à tete in Venice: a romantic evening to amaze your partner with a gondola and a candlelight dinner in Venice in a renowned romantic restaurant. Ideal to celebrate a special anniversary, this tour includes a romantic dinner in Venice combined with and romantic gondola ride for those wishing to spend unforgettable moments with a special person.
- Private gondola ride: an exclusive private tour in Venice: a cheap gondola ride without any hard bargaining at the beginning: after booking online, all you have to do is turn up at the meeting point and enjoy this magical experience! The gondola ride prices are already set and you will have a gondola all for yourself without having to share it with people you do not know. With a convenient Venice gondola ride cost you can admire, from the outside, some of the best known palaces of Venice onboard a comfortable private gondola.
Period: From 14 December 2013 to 31 October 2014
Event location: Venice
Verona: Verona Summer Theatre 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 21 September 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 28 February 2021