Home Venice Festival 2019
An exciting program for three days of music and fun
From 12 July 2019 to 14 July 2019
The much-awaited Home Festival in Italy in 2019 changes location after nine editions in Treviso: the San Giuliano Park in Mestre-Venice will be the big stage hosting international artists and returning presences for a smashing line-up ... From 12 to 14 July 2019 the Home Festival in Venice is ready to give you three days of pure fun in a truly unique setting ... the Venice lagoon!
In fact, the 2019 Home Festival will take place in the most beautiful city in the world, Venice. In addition to the name, Home Venice Festival, the soul of this extraordinary event will also be totally Venetian: the author of the new logo of the festival is from Venice and the same is true for all the organizations, businesses and those at work to give you a truly unforgettable experience!
Founded in 2010, the Home Festival has been a great success since its first edition, attracting thousands of spectators from all over Italy. Just to give some figures, the Home festival grew from a crowd of 27.000 in its first edition to 88.000 in 2016: it is the only Italian festival that can compete with big names such as Tomorrowland and the Sziget Festival! As usual, the concerts in Venice Home Festival will be very varied: hard rock, electronic music, song writing, jazz, hip hop, reggae and more will follow one another nonstop for the entire duration of the event.
From 12 to 14 July the Home Festival in Venice in 2019 will showcase the latest international music trends, and as the motto of this extraordinary event says, this is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity.
This summer the Home Venice Festival marks a new direction through a hyper-contemporary point of view, which looks at the world’s cultural and social changes that are shaping what can be defined as a musical "renaissance". For the first time in Italy it will be possible to live an experience on a par with festivals in other countries where borders and barriers are torn down in favor of a mash-up of cultures and situations.
At the Home Festival in Italy, 2019, you will find lots of things to make you feel relaxed! You will find a huge Food & Drink area with delicious food and stands of all kinds: you can enjoy tasty piadine romagnole or club sandwiches, grilled meat cooked on hot coals or a soft slice of pizza and for lovers of things all Mexican, tacos, fajitas and burritos! In short, the Home Venice Festival can please all tastes, even those who want 100% vegan dishes! Wine Bar, Beer Bar and street food to offer a taste of the typical specialties of each region. Ready to experience three days of great fun?
Leave your worries at home and embark on this adventure! You will find a large camping area dedicated to those who wish to experience the festival to the full. The area is equipped with services, info point, luggage storage and 24-hour security! By purchasing the 3-day season ticket for the festival it is possible to arrive the day before the event begins, Thursday 11 July, and stay until Sunday night.
Home Festival line Up 2019
At the Home Venice Festival artists, bands and DJ sets will play on the various stages nonstop for three days of full immersion in music in all its forms… Let’s take a look at the main stars day by day!
Home Venice Festival – 12 July
- Aphex Twin: born Richard D. James, he is one of the most celebrated electronic musicians of all times. His piano composition "Avril 14th" (from the divisive 2001 album Drukqs) entered into the world of television and infiltrated popular culture.
- Editors: one of the most popular independent rock bands in the world: 2 million records sold worldwide. In March 2018 they released their sixth album ‘Violence’, described as ‘brutal’ by the singer Tom Smith, both in its lyrics and sound.
- Jon Hopkins: Techno-inspired ‘Immunity 2013’ is about achieving euphoric states through music. The ensuing success was slow burning but high reaching across the world. In 2017 Jon re-emerged to work as a DJ at the most important festival, the Home Festival one of them.
- Rival Sons emerged in 2012 as one of the most prominent hard rock bands thanks to their second album ‘Breakout & Time’. In 2010, Rival Sons made the great leap to metal label Earache. Today their following covers the US as well as Europe.
- The Vaccines: indie rock formed in 2000s. Their fourth album 'Combat Sports' is the band at their best. The album’s guitars, of brevity, of speed will leave you breathless.
- Alborosie: the king of reggae is back for a live celebration of his 25-year career when he will play his best hits and the tracks from his new album, with a new stage design and a show filled with emotions and charm.
- Moodymann: his real name is Kenny Dixon Jr. and he is an American musician hailing from Detriot. He is one of the owners of KDJ Records and members of 3 Chairs. He released his debut album ‘Silentintroduction’ in 1997.
- Mellow Mood: formed in Pordenone in 2005, they officially debuted in 2009 with the release of their album ‘Move’ without a label, distributor and press office! It was intended to be their first approach on the Italian scene with a grass-root sound which, nonetheless, surprisingly gained international recognition!
- Masamasa: born Federico De Nicola, he is only 20 years old but eager to become a leading artist in the Italian rap music scene. There is no doubt he has all the credentials to achieve his ambitions…
- The Ramona Flowers: In the last few years they have played concerts around the world, making many new fans. In 2017 they played at Glastombury and the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan where they performed in front of 5,000 excited fans despite it was 10.30AM!
- Sunday Morning: the band formed in 1998 in Cesena. After being contracted by BPM Concerti and the release of their new track ‘Lovers & Tramps’, a new dawn is starting for them after a long pause.
Home Venice Festival – 13 July
- Paul Kalkbrenner: a Techno MVP, he acted in the film ‘Berlin Calling’ also composing the film’s soundtrack. The film became a cult and earned him worldwide fame and a large following all over the world.
- LP: her biggest hit to date is ‘Lost On You’ which achieved 500-million streams and went platinum in Russia, Poland, Italy and more. Are you ready to listen to the thousand nuances of her candidly revealed emotions?
- Pusha T: Debuting as a member of the hip-hop duo Clipse, in 2010 he decided to embark on a solo career that saw him rise to the top of the music charts.
- Modeselektor: they have been shaping the electronic music scene since the early 2000s with their flamboyant DJ sets and genre-melding productions. This year they will again be playing live at the Home Venice Festival, Italy!
- Gazzelle: a mysterious name but a success without veils. The Roman singer-songwriter will play his best hits at the 2019 Home Rock Festival in Venice, Italy!
- Adam Beyer: the founder of the festival, he is a sought-after recording artist and enigmatic DJ entity, who has shaped his identity focusing on the techno sound to produce one of the genre’s most sought after and respected sound.
- Massimo Pericolo began attracting the attention of the rap scene in 2017, but his first major success in the music world came in January 2019 with the release of the song ‘7 billion’.
- Speranza: highly esteemed by many artists including Guè Pequeno, Speranza is, in terms of quality and credibility, one of the best street rap artists in Italy.
- RuthAnne: Inspired by the likes of Lauryn Hill and Alicia Keys, RuthAnne's debut presented an original mix between gritty nineties R&B and seventies songwriter storytelling. Her solo album is to be released in 2019.
- Cara Calma: formed in 2016 the band had their debut in 2018 with the song ‘Sulle punte per sembrare grandi’ produced by Karim Qqru and Cara Calma.
Home Venice Festival - 14 July
- Mura Masa: a young artist, Alex Crossan, turned the internet into his launch pad with 200 million streams. His album captures the chaos of being 20 and exposes reality through the lens of the Internet.
- Young Thug: aka Jeffrey Lamar Williams, thanks to a series of hits in 2016 he launched his own YSL Records introducing two new recording artists, Duke and Gunna. Everyone, from Wyclef Jean and Chance The Rapper to mentors Gucci Mane and Kanye West has sought him out for collaborations; he even joined West for a performance at Saturday Night Live.
- Guè Pequeno: one of the most influential rappers in Italy, he is an absolute point of reference of his genre. He won a platinum album in 2016 and was the most streamed artist on ‘Spotify’ in 2017. A seismic career!
- Boomdabash: a band hailing from Salento, they performed at the Sixty-ninth edition of the Sanremo festival on 5-9 February 2019 and this summer they will rock the stage of the San Giuliano Park with their hits!
- Elettra Lamborghini: the Queen of Latin- Italian, she owes her prominence to her debut single ‘Pem Pem’ and the participation in the MTV reality show ‘Super Shore’ for three consecutive editions.
- Sick Luke: The ‘Mozart’ of modern times will show off his talent at the Home Venice Festival 2019!
- Edo Ferragamo: a promising young music artist, in 2013 Edo began a world tour with Andrea Bocelli. Since 2015 he has been collaborating with many writers, producers, and singers, including Emily West, Taylr Renee, Peter Cincotti, Alex Uhlmann.
- Fadi: with a distinctive deep and colorful vocal timbre, Thomas O. Fadimiluyi music describes intense emotions as in the case with his debut single ‘Cardine’.
- Eugenia Poast Meridiem: Eugenia (voice, guitar) with Matteo (bass), Giovanni (guitar, keys) and Matteo (drums, percussions) reveals indie, folk, soul influences with her the arrangements and a pronounced inclination to psychedelic contaminations reinterpreted with the roughest 90’s sound.
The Home Festival isn’t just music: it’s a place where you can feel at home... Sleeping in a tent, walking around stalls, taking part in talks and readings, playing volleyball, having an ‘aperitivo’, dancing, eating all together, sharing experiences... Going to a festival will make your personally richer, shape you and let you create new relationships… Mark these dates in your diary... From 12 to 14 July, don't miss the Home Festival in Venice 2019: Italian and international artists, entertainment opportunities and many other events for the most anticipated festival of the Venetian summer!
Period: From 12 July 2019 to 14 July 2019
Event location: San Giuliano Park in Mestre-Venice
Contacts: Home Festival Italy 2019 program and more info on homefestival.eu
Need help choosing
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021