Intimissimi On Ice 2017 at the Verona Arena
Two not-to-be-missed evenings of entertainment, music and fun!
From 06 October 2017 to 07 October 2017
- Bookable services
- Taxis & Transfers
It is not long until the fourth much-awaited edition of 'Intimissimi On Ice', to be held in the splendid setting of the Verona Arena on 6 and 7 October 2017! 'A legend of Beauty' is the title of the show that will be presented at Intimissimi On Ice 2017, a hymn to women, beauty and talent which will see on the stage of the Verona Arena the biggest stars of the skating world, including Carolina Kostner, Evgeni Plushenko and Stephane Lambiel!
In addition to ice skating, which remains the undisputed star of the event, Intimissimi On Ice Opera Pop 2017 will bring to Verona even the great Andrea Bocelli, who will accompany the opera on ice live show with the music of John Metcalfe. The beautiful tenor’s voice, amplified by the walls of the historic Verona Arena, will provide the perfect soundtrack making the show even more magical...
'Legend of Beauty' is inspired by classical mythology adapted to modern times... Venus, Elena of Troy, Circe, Medusa, and many other characters among the prominent heroes of Greek myths will become interpreters of the emotions and passions of women of today. Femininity is therefore the kingpin around which the plot of Intimissimi on Ice in Verona 2017 will unfold!
As always, there will be the participation of many stars at Intimissimi on Ice 2017. Italian and international guests will take in turn on the stage to offer an unprecedented event! For the first time, all the leading stars of the Intimissimi on Ice 2017 cast are former Olympics medallists, amongst them:
- Evgeni Plushenko, the only skater in the world to win an Olympic medal at all personal participations in the Olympics ... It's enough to mention that during his career he took part in 92 competitions, winning 63 gold medals, 16 silver and 4 bronze. In March 2017 he announced his official withdrawal from competitions and is now dedicating himself to coaching.
- Shizuka Arakawa, nicknamed 'Child Genius' after executing her first triple Salchow jump at the tender age of eight years, she was the first Asian woman in the history of the Olympics to win gold in single female skating.
- Stephane Lambiel, dubbed the 'little prince', he is still regarded as the greatest world’s champion of Swiss figure skating. His impressive artistic expression is matched by undisputed technical skills that make him a highly-demanded athlete for galas and international performances.
- Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, this Canadian pair skaters have won the 2015 and 2016 World Cups, silver in the Sochi 2014 team competition and two golds at the Four Continents Championships.
- Meryl Davis e Charlie White have been skating together since 1997 and are the longest performing ice pair skaters in America! Gold medallists in Sochi, in addition to Olympic silver and bronze and three gold medals at the Four Continents Championships... They were the first American ice dancers to win gold at the Olympic Games and a world championship.
- International icon of ice skating, the Italian Carolina Kostner has already charmed the audience of the latest editions of Opera on Ice in Verona. Known to audiences around the world for her innate elegance in performing, she has won bronze medal at the Olympics in Sochi in 2014, has been European champion five times and winner of the Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating in 2011 and Italian champion for seven years. This year again Carolina Kostner is ready to enchant audiences with her wonderful performances, twirling with incredible confidence on the ice of the Verona Arena.
Started in 2011 under the name of 'Opera On Ice' thanks to the efforts of Giulia Mancini, founder of the homonymous Company, this extraordinary show at the Verona Arena has immediately conquered the audience. In the largest open air opera stage in the world, famous ice skating champions perform on the most famous operas performed by opera singers of international renown. Worthy of note are also the choreography: a blaze of lights, colours and special effects that have made the event one of the most magical and exciting shows at the Verona Arena.
In 2014 a great transformation was introduced: after the agreement reached between the Balich Worldwide Shows Company and Intimissimi, a brand of the Calzedonia Group, the event changed its name to 'Intimissimi On Ice Opera Pop', and from a simple Ice Gala has become an extraordinary show that sublimely combines skating, music, song, projections and amazing scenery.
According to international media, 'Opera on Ice' at the Verona Arena is the most exciting figure skating event in the world: even the ISU (International Skating Union) has defined it as a unique show at international level.
In the splendid setting of the Arena, the Intimissimi show in Verona is enriched every year by the presence of big international stars. After Giorgia, Anastacia, Kiesza and Ellie Goulding, the task of accompany the artists in their performances will be given this year again to the great Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli. In over twenty years of career, Bocelli has become one of the most famous Italian singers in the world and is recognized as one of the finest examples of Italian vocal tradition. He has sold over 80 million albums worldwide.
Intimissimi on Ice in Verona, 2017, is directed by Damiano Michieletto, one of the most interesting representatives of the new generation of theatre and opera directors. the artistic direction has been entrusted to Marco Balich, the Olympic Producer known as 'designer of emotions'. Nathan Clarke will again be in charge of the stunning stage designs of the Intimissimi opera pop on ice show in Verona, 2017, while music arrangements are again entrusted to the great John Metcalfe.
A fully redesigned stage, positioned in the very centre of the Arena, will give spectators the possibility to enjoy an all-round view of this extraordinary show!
Verona events in October will offer the public two unique and highly suggestive evenings... Do not to miss 'Intimissimi On Ice'!
Book one of our hotels in Verona and be swept away by the magical atmosphere of 'Intimissimi On Ice'! Carolina Kostner, Evgeni Plushenko, Stephane Lambiel and the great Andrea Bocelli are waiting for you!
Period: From 06 October 2017 to 07 October 2017
Event location: Arena di Verona
Contacts: for more info on Intimissimi On Ice visit www.operaonice.eu
Need help choosing
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 28 February 2021
Padua: Van Gogh Exhibition in Padua: 'I colori della vita' ('The Colors of Life')
From 10 October 2020 to 11 April 2021