Jesolo Sand Nativity 2016
The famous sand nativity set is back to charm the beaches of Jesolo Lido along with many other events!
From 08 December 2016 to 12 February 2017
- Bookable services
From 8th December 2016 to 12th February 2017 the magical combination that for several years has distinguished the most famous seaside resort of the Adriatic coast will take place once again... Nativity set, sand, Jesolo: the Sand Nativity! Lido di Jesolo presents its extraordinary sand nativity, along with many other event in Jesolo during Christmas suitable for all ages!
The rich program of events in Jesolo at Christmas time in 2016 offers many fun opportunities for the whole family to enjoy: Sand Nativity, Jesolo Christmas Village, concerts and shows will let you enjoy the most magical time of Jesolo in winter... Not to forget the events scheduled for Saturday 31st December!
Sand Nativity Jesolo 2016
Arranged as usual inside the impressive structure in Piazza Marconi, the charming Jesolo nativity set celebrates its 15th edition by supporting a cause of great relevance: immigration. The representation of the Holy Family in the Sand Nativity scene in Jesolo in 2016 takes the appearance of a migrant family: Mary and Baby Jesus are on a boat about to reach the shore, while Joseph, in a protective attitude, takes them to safety.
Sand Nativity 2016 in Italy wants to draw the public attention towards the burning issue of refugees, an endless human tragedy that continues to unfold before our eyes... This event of strong resonance held during the special Christmas period seeks to increase people’s awareness of a catastrophe of growing proportions.
In addition to the representation of the Holy Family, the exhibition of sand nativity scenes in Jesolo in 2016 will present other sculptures which illustrate the exodus in the Bible: from the stories of Abraham to those of Joseph, from Moses’ Crossing of the Red Sea to the exile of the Jews in Babylonia and the destruction of the magnificent temple of Solomon.
Among the sand sculptures of the Jesolo Sand Nativity at Christmas 2016, the one dedicated to the Peace Holders stands out. In tune with the inspiring theme of the entire nativity, this sculpture will be dedicated to a whole community rather than to a single character such as in past editions... After Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Pope John XXIII, Mother Teresa of Calcutta and St. Francis of Assisi, the 2016 edition will pay homage to the Island of Lampedusa, the landing point for thousands and thousands of people fleeing from their countries.
As per tradition, the beautiful Sand Nativity in Jesolo will be put together in collaboration with internationally renowned sculptors: the passion and creativity of these artists have made the event of Nativity in Sand in Jesolo famous throughout Italy!
The opening of the Sand Nativity Jesolo 2016 is scheduled for Thursday, 8th December 2016 at 10.00 am. The nativity set will remain open until Sunday, 12th February 2017 during the following times:
- o from Monday to Saturday - from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- o Sundays and Christmas days - from 9.30 am to 9.00 pm
- o From 5th January to 7th January - from 9.30 am to 9.00 pm
In addition to the sand nativity set Sand Art Nativity, Jesolo offers its visitors many other opportunities to enjoy the magical Christmas atmosphere in a very original location, to say the least... Many of us think of Christmas picturing fir trees and snowy peaks in our minds: however, the famous seaside resort will enrich its unique Christmas atmosphere with events and activities for all tastes!
Events in Jesolo during Christmas in 2016
- Jesolo Spirituals: the exhibition dedicated to the Afro-American religious music is now in its 19th edition! Three free-admission evenings have been organized with some of the most famous performers of traditional gospel and new gospel&rhythm.
- Tuesday, 20th December - Cortellazzo, Church of St. Joseph
Dennis Reed & Gap York (North Carolina), quartet, piano and vocals
- Thursday, 22nd December - Jesolo Piazza Trento, Sacred Heart Church
Louisiana Gospel Psalmist Baton Rouge, all-female ensemble
- Wednesday, 28th December - Jesolo Town, Church of St. John the Baptist
The Voices Of Victory (Georgia), six voices and a full rhythm section
- Two major events for New Year's Eve:
- Random - A random party at the Pala Arrex
- Baccoxbacco in Piazza Aurora, with live music and entertainment
- Jesolo Christmas Village: from 2nd December 2016 to 8th January 2017, crafts, Christmas decorations, cakes and delicacies in Piazza Mazzini! A huge Christmas tree and of course the ice skating rink will be the backdrop to the small wooden houses of the markets. In addition, from 8th December, children can give their letters to Father Christmas who will be waiting for them in his little house with his trusted elves! Times: Monday to Friday - from 2.00 pm to 8.00 pm; Saturday, Sunday and festive days - from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm.
During the busier days (26th December, 2016 and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th January 2017), to facilitate access to the events in Jesolo during Christmas, Jtaca provides a free shuttle service available from 2.30 pm to 7.00 pm that will make the following stops:
- Jesolo Sand Nativity in Piazza Marconi
- Tropicarium in Piazza Brescia
- Laguna Shopping Sea Life
- Jesolo ChristmasVillage and JesolonIce in Piazza Mazzini
Do not miss the events in Jesolo during Christmas! Sand sculptures, markets, concerts and parties to immerse yourself into the magic of Christmas in a truly unique location!
... And do not forget that Jesolo is only a short distance from Venice which can be easily reached by public transport from Cavallino Treporti and Punta Sabbioni stops!
Period: From 08 December 2016 to 12 February 2017
Event location: Jesolo – Marconi Square
Contacts: sand sculpture festival 2016 opening times - www.comune.jesolo.ve.it/sand-nativity-2016
Need help choosing
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021