Jesolo Nativity Sand … and much more!
The famous sand nativity set is back to charm the beaches of Jesolo Lido along with many other events!
From 02 December 2018 to 10 February 2019
From 2 December 2018 to 10 February 2019 the magical combination that for several years has distinguished the most famous seaside resort of the Adriatic coast will once again take place... Nativity set, sand, Jesolo: the Sand Nativity! Lido di Jesolo presents its extraordinary sand nativity, along with many other event in Jesolo during Christmas suitable for all ages!
The rich program of events in Jesolo at Christmas time in 2018 offers many fun opportunities for the whole family to enjoy: Sand Nativity, Jesolo Christmas Village, Chocolate Land, concerts and shows will let you enjoy the most magical time of Jesolo in winter... Not to forget the events scheduled for Monday 31st December!
Sand Nativity Jesolo 2018
Arranged as usual inside the impressive structure in Piazza Marconi, the charming Jesolo nativity set dedicates its 17th edition to the celebration of the theme ‘Stories of the Bible’. Well-known episodes, such as the story of Adam and Eve and their original sin, the wisdom of King Solomon, the courage of David against Goliath, the prophet Daniel, Moses and the 10 commandments, will be reproduced in monumental sand sculptures along a path that will end with a glorious sand Nativity scene. The sand sculptures will be contextualized in the perspective views painted by the American artist Damon Farmer that will allow visitors to fully immerse themselves in the atmosphere of the time.
The Jesolo Sand Nativity 2018 boasts this year a five hundred square meter exhibition area, over 1500 tons of sand and internationally renowned sculptors, confirming that this event is nowadays famous throughout Italy ... Since the first edition, more than 1 million visitors have visited the sand nativity in Jesolo and, with more than € 638,000.00 raised and donated to charity projects, this is the most successful charity Nativity celebration in Italy!
The beautiful Jesolo Sand Nativity will be put together in collaboration with internationally renowned sculptors. Here is the line-up of artists participating in the sand nativity 2018/2019:
- Richard Varano, artistic director
- Damon Farmer (USA)
- David Ducharme (Canada)
- Baldrick Buckle (Holland)
- Pedro Mira (Portugal)
- Michela Ciappini (Italy)
- Marielle Heessels (Holland)
- Charlotte Koster (Holland)
- Pavel Mylnikov (Russia)
- Hanneke Supply (Belgium)
- Helena Bangert (Holland)
The opening of the Sand Nativity Lido di Jesolo 2018 is scheduled for Sunday 2 December. The Nativity scene will be on display until Sunday 10 February 2019 during the following times:
- from Monday to Saturday - from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- Sundays and Christmas days - from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- From 23 December 2018 to 6 January 2019 – from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
In addition to the sand nativity set Sand Art Nativity, Jesolo offers its visitors many other opportunities to enjoy the magical Christmas atmosphere in a very original location, to say the least... Many of us think of Christmas picturing fir trees and snowy peaks in our minds: however, the famous seaside resort will enrich its unique Christmas atmosphere with events and activities for all tastes!
Events in Jesolo during Christmas in 2018
- Chocolate Land: in Jesolo town, chocolate will be the undisputed protagonist of the days leading to the Christmas Festivities. Workshops, story-telling, cooking events, shows and entertainment, as well as a fascinating white market with huts where great chocolatiers will offer their delicacies for you to taste or buy! 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-26 and 29-30 December 2018, from 10 am to 7 pm, Piazza I Maggio takes center stage.
- Nativity Scene and Colors: in Piazza Carducci you will admire the fascinating miniature Nativity Displays created by Maestro Agostino Busanel, craftsman and crib maker, using recycled materials. His small cribs will also be displayed in the windows of some shops along Via Bafile, between Piazza Marconi and Piazza Carducci. Until 6 January 2019.
- A long line-up of shows and concerts is planned during the festive period:
- Hot Italian Swing - Festival blues & swing – Teatro Vivaldi, Friday 14 December 2018 9 pm;
- Musical A Christmas Carol – Church of S. Maria Assunta in Passarella, Sunday 16 December 2018 at 5 pm;
- Gospel Voices Family – Teatro Vivaldi, Thursday 20 December 2018, 9 pm;
- La locandiera by Carlo Goldoni - Teatro Vivaldi, Saturday 22 December 2018, 9 pm;
- Christmas Concert – Teatro Vivaldi, Wednesday 26 December 2018, 5.30 pm;
- Aurora Wind Band in concert - Teatro Vivaldi, Friday 28 December 2018, 9 pm;
- New Year’s Concert - Teatro Vivaldi, Tuesday 1 January 2019, 5.30 pm;
- Christmas and music – Church of Saints Liberale and Mauro, Friday 4 January 2019 at 9 pm;
- Epiphany concert – Church of St John the Baptist, Sunday 6 January 2019.
- Father Christmas Run: the jolly non-competitive run for runners and families, all strictly dressed up as Santa Claus, will be held on Sunday, 16 December, 2018. Two routes - 3 or 7 km - starting in Piazza Brescia in the early afternoon, winding along the streets of the center and the promenade.
- Jesolo Christmas Village: from 1 December 2018 to 13 January 2019, crafts, Christmas decorations, cakes and delicacies between Piazza Aurora, via Trentin and Piazza Mazzini! A huge Christmas tree, fair rides, Santa’s grotto, entertainment and of course the ice skating rink will be the backdrop to the small wooden houses of the markets. New in 2018, the Christmas Slide will offer fun to adults and children with a special 40-meter slide and rides on thrilling small rubber dinghies! Times: Monday to Friday - from 2.00 pm to 8.00 pm; Saturday, Sunday and festive days - from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Three major events for New Year's Eve:
- Palazzo del Turismo ‘Hashtag Music festival tour 2018’ – from 9 pm, 7 hours of music, 5 DJs, 3 international guests and professional dancers.
- il Muretto Night Club + Altavoz – from 10 pm, 12 hours of non-stop music with two stars from the European techno music scene.
- Marina Club – two choices, with dinner or admission after dinner, to celebrate the arrival of 2019 in the historic local beach venue!
To avoid traffic congestions, a special free shuttle service will run on weekends from 1 December 2018 to 13 January 2019 so you can join the various events in Jesolo and leave your car in the car park! From 10 am to 7 pm, Jesolo Winter Train will offer the possibility to travel between Piazza Aurora, Piazza Mazzini, Piazza Brescia, Piazza Carducci, Piazza Marconi and Jesolo town centre on board two nice tourist trains.
And if you find you have time to spare in between the various events, remember that Sea Life Jesolo is open all year! 14 thematic areas and over 3000 marine species await you for an exciting underwater journey ... By purchasing your tickets online you can skip the queue at the ticket offices!
Do not miss the events in Jesolo during Christmas! Sand sculptures, markets, concerts and parties to immerse yourself into the magic of Christmas in a truly unique location!
... And do not forget that Jesolo is only a short distance from Venice which can be easily reached by public transport from Cavallino Treporti and Punta Sabbioni stops!
Period: From 02 December 2018 to 10 February 2019
Event location: Jesolo
Contacts: sand sculpture festival opening times - www.jesolosandnativity.it
Need help choosing
Treviso: Lago Film Fest 2019 in Revine Lago
From 19 July 2019 to 27 July 2019
Verona: Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2019
From 21 June 2019 to 07 September 2019
Verona: Verona Summer Theatre 2019
From 15 June 2019 to 14 September 2019
Venice: Sand Sculpture Festival & Summer Events in Jesolo Lido
From 02 June 2019 to 15 September 2019