Lago Film Fest 2017 in Revine Lago
Art, entertainment and show for one of the most awaited film festivals in Italy and Europe
From 21 July 2017 to 29 July 2017
In the picturesque setting of Lake Revine, Revine Lago Film Festival 2017, one of the most popular Italy film festivals, is back! From 21st to 29th July, this famous Italy short film festival will present short films, screenplays and documentaries ... But there is more: this year’s Revine Lago Film Fest also features many other events such as workshops, concerts, debates, artistic performances and other interesting events.
As time goes by, the Lago Film Fest in Revine Lago - festival of independent cinema and contemporary art in Revine Lago - has become one of the most important events in the Treviso area not only because it gives young people a great opportunity for professional and cultural growth, but also because it decisively enhances the beautiful resort where it is hosted every year.
This year’s Lago Film Fest in Revine features around two hundreds competing films, selected among more than three thousand titles from as many as 86 different countries. Films will be divided into five different categories: ‘International Competition’, ‘National Competition’, ‘Veneto Competition’, ‘New Sign Competition’ and ‘Unicef Competition’. Among the lucky ones selected for the Lago Film Fest program 2017 we would like to mention ‘And so we put the goldfish in the pool’ by Makoto Nagahisa, ‘Ave Maria’ by Basil Khalil and the short cartoon film ‘Decorado’ by Alberto Vazquez.
As always, many special films at the Revine Lago Festival 2017 pay particular attention to Canada, also observing the Baltic countries and Poland, not to forget the world of migration.
Thanks to the many initiatives organized in parallel to the film competition of Revine Lago Festival - events, competitions, workshops and shows - Lago Film Fest has become one of the most interesting and multifaceted events in Treviso. The workshops planned for the 13th edition, open to all upon registration and on a first come first served basis are:
- Drawing workshop with Zachari Logan - three en plein air mornings to observe the landscape of the lake and try to develop an intuitive and meditative approach to colour, composition, light and movement, without forgetting the imaginary and psychological dimension. The workshop will last three days July 22nd – 23rd – 24th from 10:00 to 12:30.
- Screen printing workshop - July 22nd and 23rd from 14:00 to 18:00. The Meninji Production illustrator duo brings the pleasure of imprinting a mark on a surface to the Lago Film Festival Italy.
1st day: screen printing theory / how to build a frame / coating and impression of the illustration on gelatine;
2nd day: materials and printing phases / printing on fabric and paper / washing and frame care
- Borders Workshop Makethatstudio - July 24th and 25th, from 10:00 to 18:00. Let's imagine we are in 7102 d.C. in a Europe that is very different from the present one, both geographically and politically. Workshop participants will be asked to redesign the geography and design the flags of this new Europe, trying to exalt its values, history and features. Curated by makethatstudio, in collaboration with Lago Film Fest Revine Lago and with the Concort festival, the workshop will lead to the publication of a small collection of creations completed in these two days.
- The return of the rospet, workshop by Anna Casaburi - July 20th-21st and July 24th-29th, from 9:00 to 16:00. Dedicated to the youngest ones, the fun workshop is designed to stimulate the imagination: children will have to think and write the story of a frog, the symbol of the festival, and learn various painting techniques for illustrations.
- Non Era La Rai, Fanzine Workshop - July 22nd and 23rd, from 14:00 to 18.00. Dedicated to editorial self-production with analogue processes, the workshop at the Revine Lago Film Festival in Italy aims at making original photographic solutions available. Participants will have to produce a group or personal fanzine using photos of their own childhood and / or adolescence following the theme Non è la Rai: distortions, enlargements, reductions, collages, ... Participants will be able to use any technique. The workshop will continue with the design and duplication of the project in multiple copies.
The Revine Lago Film Festival Program 2017 devotes great space to dance, with Lago Dance Fest. Dance and cinema have many more things in common than you can imagine... Dancing returns to the Lago Film Festival Revine and needs new spaces, from the specific performance sites to the first selection of videos and short films on a dance theme compiled through open calls.
Lago Film Festival Treviso 2017 MOVING BODIES - videos and short films
- Timecode - Juanjo Giménez / 2016 / Spain / 15’ / Fiction
- Ocean’s memories - Bertrand Guerry, Thibaut Ras / France / 8’42’’ / Fiction
- Aquarius - Timo Zahlnin / Russia / 9’09’’ / Fiction
- Coreografiar: cuerpo sensible - Serafin Mesa Garcia / Spain / 3’10” / Fiction
- Coire Ruadh - Simon Fildes / Great Britain / 10’10” / Fiction
- All about you - Allison Beda / Canada / 3’45” / Fiction
- Desensitized - Marfoglia Matteo / Italy / 8’42’’ / Fiction
- Sotto - Jerca Jerci / Slovenia / 9’34’’ / Fiction
- 60 pulse - Aliki Chiotaki / Greece / 3’32” / Fiction
- As if the colour was looking at you - Sara Bonaventura / Italy / 10’02’’ / Fiction
- Dare? - Collettivo DUSK / Italy / 1’17’’ / Fiction
- The committee - Jenni Toivoniemi, Gunhild Enger / Finland, Norway, Sweden / 14’ / Fiction
Lago International Film Festival 2017 DANCE PERFORMANCE - site specific interactions
- EMBRACE - MMContemporary Dance Company. 'Nature! We are surrounded and embraced by her: powerless to separate ourselves from her, and powerless to penetrate beyond her. Without asking, or warning, she snatches us up into her circling dance, and whirls us on until we are tired, and drop from her arms.' (Goethe)
- TRUST - ConTrust. Trust is the basis of creating a relationship, it's a journey through the unknown in which we step back and forth... Sometimes it breaks: are you ready to fall into someone else's arms?
- TUTTI SANNO CHE - Irene Andreetto, Silena Bertolino. Typical phrases on dance, such as 'all dancers are anorexic', 'dancers only count up to 8' will be examined from a scientific point of view.
- SUTRA DEL LOTO - Sweet Cicuta Collettivo. Sounds, bodies and words experience unlimited trajectories between contrasts and circular movements, bringing to light an investigation of envy and nostalgia.
- WALKING AND FALLING - Nicolas Vamvouklis. Inspired by Laurie Anderson's work, the performance represents a slow-motion walk during which the performer analyses various declinations and identities of our society.
- TIMELESS PASSION - Claudio Pisa, Laura De Nicolao. It is inspired by 'The Kiss' by Auguste Rodin... Anticipation, synergy, eroticism, emotions generated by the anticipation of a kiss not yet given or the taste of a just received one where words and gestures are a prelude to what fate has already decided.
- VOICE FOR OTHER HANDS, ROMPERE IL LIMITE DELL’ESERCIZIO - Federica Camata (voice), Michele Tajariol (sculptures). Singing and sculpture are seen as two languages in struggle and tension: singing seeks to make sense of the score whereas sculpture opposes to it by trying to become a useful tool.
- WATER DREAMER - Omar Peruzza, Mattia Gardenal, Alice D'Altoè. The two interpreters let themselves get inspired by the surrounding environment, abandoning themselves only to music and dance to bring a reflection on chaos and order.
There are also very interesting projects that will be developed and presented at the Revine Lago Film Festival in Italy. Among these we cite:
- TREVISO COMIC BOOK FESTIVAL – FUMETTI DAL FUTURO. Lago Film Fest 2017 continues the successful collaboration between Treviso Comic Book Festival and Lago Film Fest: 'Comics from the Future - four stories of self-production' is a documentary-research on self-production tied with a passion for a certain type of cartoons. The protagonists, four very different cartoonists who made their debut in the late 1990s, tell their stories, their relationship with readers and the reasons behind the choice of self-funding.
- RICETTARIO PER CREATIVI RANDAGI. Four illustrators, a photographer and a curator form a collective born at the Revine film festival in 2015. Their original illustrated recipe book talks of the alternatives to beautiful cuisine in line with the lifestyle of a ‘wanderer’, typical of most creative people. Thanks to some special collaborations, some recipes will go from the paper to the table!
- PRINTING ADDICT. Revine film festival has always placed special focus on everything that is autarchic, so even this year one could not miss an insight into independent publishing during a 'multi-night' evening.
In addition to events purely devoted to the cinema, the Lago Film Fest program contains numerous musical events, from electronic music to independent rock, with emerging artists and more than ten bands!
Lago Live Music 2017
- 9.30 pm - HIT-KUNLE (Tropical Rock)
- 10.30 pm - ACE (Electronic Post Rock)
- 9.30 pm - MOONSOON (IndieRock, Trip-Hop, Folktronica)
- 10.30 pm - THALOS (Electronic Post Rock)
- 9.00 pm - Livelet - FEDARMAT (Popular Balls)
- 9.30 pm - Corner Plan - ALBERTO ZILIOTTO
- 10.30 pm - FLUCTUS LIMB (Ambient / Electronic / Ethnic)
- 9.30 pm - HULI (Folk / blues)
- 10.30 pm - LORENZO CITTADINI
- 9.30 pm - QALIA (Synth-pop)
- 9.30 pm - 2D DAVIDE PEZZIN AND DAVIDE RAPELE (Blues / gipsy / jazz)
- 9.30 pm - GRIMOON (electronic / psychedelic rock)
- 10.30 pm - AKANKSHA KRISHNANI (Dj set slinky techno)
- 9.30 pm - GINAH (Psychedelic rock)
- 9.30 pm - BEAT ENGINE (Handmade electronic performance)
- 10.30 pm - CLOSING PARTY
Do not miss the highly anticipated dates of Lago Film Fest 2017! From 21st to 29th July, the beautiful location of Lake Revine will host many unmissable events dedicated to cinema, as well as debates, shows and concerts: the 13th edition awaits you with a truly exceptional program!
Period: From 21 July 2017 to 29 July 2017
Event location: Revine Lago, Treviso
Contacts: Revine Lago Film Festival program 2017 and more info at www.lagofest.org
Need help choosing
Venice: Art Biennale 2017
From 13 May 2017 to 26 November 2017
Venice: Damien Hirst at Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana
From 09 April 2017 to 03 December 2017
Padua: Eastern Festival 2017
From 08 December 2017 to 17 December 2017
Veneto: Autumn in Veneto: three places not to be missed!
From 22 September 2017 to 21 December 2017