Marostica Summer Festival 2018
Simple Minds, Gianni Morandi, Fabrizio Moro, Alvaro Soler and many other artists on the wonderful Piazza degli Scacchi!
From 05 July 2018 to 21 July 2018
For several years now, the charming town of Marostica, famous for its live chess game, has hosted a highly resonant event: the Marostica Summer Festival!
Organized by Due Punti Eventi, with the artistic direction of Valerio Simonato, from July 5th to 21st the Marostica Summer Festival program will set up 10 evenings of great music and entertainment!
Marostica Summer Festival 2018
- Thursday, July 5th Simple Minds’ tour reaches Marostica! The ‘80s historic band led by Jim Kerr arrives in Italy after the release of their new album 'Walk Between Worlds'. Do not miss the unforgettable 'Don’t you (forget about me)' and 'Alive and kicking' to retrace 35 years of great music, between pop and experimentation! Tickets for Simple Minds upcoming concert at Marostica from €30.00.
- Monday, July 9th will welcome another great international star at Piazza degli Scacchi: Ringo Starr’s concert at the Marostica Summer Festival! After 6 years away from Europe, the great band composed by Steve Lukather on guitar (founder and leader Toto), Gregg Rolie on keyboard (Santana, Journey), Graham Gouldman on bass (10CC), Colin Hay on guitar (Men at Work ), Warren Ham on sax, keys and percussion (Kansas) and Gregg Bissonnette on drums (David Lee Roth), in addition to the former Beatles musician Ringo, will arrive in Marostica for one of the three Italian dates included in the European tour of Ringo Starr concerts 2018.
- Thursday, July 12th is the night for the first Italian artist, Gianni Morandi. With over 50 million records sold worldwide, the singer-songwriter from Romagna brings his 'D'amore d'autore' tour to Marostica for a unique and engaging live performance! 'There was a guy like me who loved the Beatles and Rolling stones',' Occhi di ragazza', 'In ginocchio da te',' Uno su mille','Vita',' La fisarmonica',' Fatti mandare dalla mamma' and many other unforgettable hits for an emotion-filled evening.
- Friday, July 13th: the highly anticipated Riki concert in Marostica. The young Milan singer-songwriter who last year won 'Amici' already has 5 platinum records and has just returned from a long sold-out winter tour.
- Saturday, July 14th, the '90 Wonderland' show returns, offering an exciting journey through the 90s between music and entertainment. A big party to bring back to life a glorious decade, scheduled from 21.00 to 2.00 with free admission! Animation, choreography, mythical characters of the 90s and of course the ever-present pop, rock and dance hits all mixed together, without forgetting the singles that have climbed the charts from 1990 to 2000.
- Monday, July 16th Fabrizio Moro, winner of the last Sanremo Festival with Ermal Meta, arrives at the Marostica Summer Festival in Italy for one of the dates of his summer tour. Appreciated singer-songwriter, he participated in six editions of the Sanremo Festival, winning in the Youth section with the song 'Pensa' and winning the Platino Singolo Award at the Wind Music Awards 2017.
- Wednesday, July 18th, the bubbling liveliness of Alvaro Soler will fill the stage of Piazza degli Scacchi. The young Spanish artist already boasts 36 Gold and Platinum records all over the world and 200 million streams, without counting the views on YouTube and Vevo. In his latest album he collaborated with Max Gazzè and Jennifer Lopez. Among the Alvaro Soler concerts 2018, Marostica promises to be an unmissable event!
- Thursday, July 19th after the sold out recorded in 2014 and 2015, the Marostica Summer Festival is pleased to host again the magical trio that enchanted the whole world! Il Volo and their concert in Marostica return to the town of the province of Vicenza with 'Magic Night - A Tribute To The Three Tenors' on an evening full of surprises!
- Friday, July 20th 'Grease The Musical' - in the 40th anniversary of the release of the unforgettable film with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John... Rock and roll, unforgettable songs and overwhelming choreography will rock Piazza degli Scacchi for the penultimate evening of the Marostica Summer Festival 2018. Compagnia della Rancia has recorded more than 1,750,000 spectators throughout Italy for more than 20 years. After the success of the last season's tour, the musical is back in 2018 with other stages all over Italy.
- Saturday, on July 21st the Marostica Summer Festival 2018 will end with a bang! From 19.30 to 2.00 The Vibrations & Radio Company will give life to an exciting evening with free admission! From 19.30 - musical entertainment by Radio Campany; to 22.00 - Vibrations in concert; followed by a dj-mix up to 2.00. Top band in Italy, after the reunion in 2017 and their participation in Sanremo 2018, they will come to Marostica to offer tracks from their last album and the great successes that made the group's history.
Tickets for the events and concerts of the Marostica Summer Festival are available online and through Ticketone and Vivaticket. The event supports Woman For Freedom.
From July 5th to 21st do not miss the great events of the Marostica concerts at the 2018 Festival! Music and entertainment for one of the most anticipated summer festivals in Veneto!
Period: From 05 July 2018 to 21 July 2018
Event location: Marostica
Contacts: more info & tickets at www.marosticasummerfestival.it
Need help choosing
Tours & Activities
The shadow of Palladio: mystery gametour in Vicenza
Duration: approx. 3 hours
up to 8 people
- € 315.00
- per service
Treviso: 'Japan. Land of geisha and samurai' at Casa dei Carraresi
From 04 April 2019 to 30 June 2019
Padua: Sherwood Music Festival 2019
From 07 June 2019 to 06 July 2019
Venice: Home Venice Festival 2019
From 12 July 2019 to 14 July 2019
Venice: 'Leonardo da Vinci. Man is the model of the world' at the Gallerie dell’Accademia
From 17 April 2019 to 14 July 2019