Marostica Summer Festival 2019
Toto, Franz Ferdinand, Giorgia and many other artists on the wonderful Piazza degli Scacchi!
From 03 July 2019 to 20 July 2019
For several years now, the charming town of Marostica, famous for its live chess game, has hosted a highly resonant event: the Marostica Summer Festival!
Organized by Due Punti Eventi, with the artistic direction of Valerio Simonato, from 3 to 20 July the Marostica Summer Festival program will showcase nine evenings of great music and entertainment!
Marostica Summer Festival 2019
- One of Toto concerts in 2019 in Italy will kick off the fifth edition of the Marostica Summer Festival, Italy, on Wednesday 3 July! The band’s concert in Piazza Castello is part of the tour that celebrates the fortieth year of their career and which is selling out all over the world! Their ‘40s Trips Around The Sun’ Tour has seen them perform in venues in Europe and North America and is the longest tour for years for the band. Tickets for the Toto concert in Italy in Marostica start at €40.00 + sale fees.
- Saturday 6 July it is ‘Limone Arrogante’ time! The city of Marostica will turn yellow and dance to the rhythm of the songs of the most famous names in music such as Michael Jackson, Rovazzi, Aqua, Gabri Ponte and many others! Get ready to be swept away by the yellow wave and dance! Admission to the event is free!
- Scottish Franz Ferdinand will make their debut on the stage of the Marostica Summer Festival 2019 on Monday 8 July! The indie-pop band will perform in the chessboard square during one of the dates of their new Franz Ferdinand tour of Europe in 2019 which follows the release of their latest album ‘Always Ascending’ and has captivated both their fans and the critics. Tickets start at €38.00 + sale fees.
- The first Italian artist to take the stage of the Marostica Summer Festival will be Francesco de Gregori on Wednesday 10 July, during one of the dates of his new summer tour ‘De Gregori & Orchestra - Greatest Hits Live’. The 40-piece orchestra together with De Gregori’s long-running band will, for the first time, present his greatest hits with a symphonic twist. Tickets start at €30.00 + sale fees.
- Friday 12 July the great Italian music star Giorgia will be on the stage of Piazza degli Scacchi during her summer tour ‘Pop Heart Summer Nights’! The tour will be the chance to sing Giorgia’s greatest hits and hear her sing, live for the first time, the songs of her platinum certified album ‘Pop Heart’. Giorgia’s concert in 2019 will be a flow of chords and harmonies mixing ‘Pop Heart’ tracks with continuous sound dynamics. Don't miss Giorgia’s concert in Italy! Tickets start at €40 + sale fees.
- Saturday 13 July will be an unforgettable evening thanks to the voices of the great Don Backy and Roberto Apo Ambrosi in ‘1 del Clan, memorie di un juke box’! A unique and unmissable opportunity to retrace the legendary times of the clan and the golden years of Italian songs. Ready for the big show?
- Following the release of the box office hit ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, Wednesday 17 July the history of rock will be played out on the stage of Marostica thanks to a Queen Live Tribute Concert. On stage there will be over twenty artists, including singers, dancers, actors and musicians, who will perform rigorously live and tell the story of the famous British band in a show with technological and social nuances. The real highlight of the show will be the soundtrack, played and sung entirely live, focused on one of the most innovative and famous rock bands of all time whose lyrics were futuristic. Tickets start at €20.00 + sale fees.
- Thursday, July 18, the famous Roman singer, Antonello Venditti will take you on a real journey in time as he plays his greatest songs accompanied by his historic band. Celebrate with the great Venditti the 40th anniversary of ‘Sotto il segno dei pesci’, the album that made the history of Italian music! Ticket starts at €30 + sale fees.
- Saturday 20 July the '90 Wonderland' show returns, offering an exciting journey through the ‘90s with music and entertainment. A big party to bring back to life a glorious decade, scheduled from 21.00 to 2.00 with free admission! Animation, choreography, mythical characters of the ‘90s and of course the ever-present pop, rock and dance hits all mixed together, without forgetting the singles that have climbed the charts from 1990 to 2000.
Tickets for the events and concerts of the Marostica Summer Festival are available online and through Ticketone, in Marostica at the Associazione Pro Marostica and in Thiene at Due Punti Eventi Agency.
From 3 to 20 July do not miss the great events of the Marostica concerts at the 2019 Festival! Music and entertainment for one of the most anticipated summer festivals in Veneto!
Period: From 03 July 2019 to 20 July 2019
Event location: Marostica
Contacts: more info & tickets at www.marosticasummerfestival.it
Veneto: Christmas nativities in Veneto
From 01 December 2019 to 09 February 2020
Verona: Verona in Love 2020
From 12 February 2020 to 16 February 2020
Venice: Venice Carnival 2020
From 08 February 2020 to 25 February 2020
Venice: From Titian to Rubens: Flemish masterpieces at the Doge’s Palace
From 05 September 2019 to 01 March 2020