Padua marathon 2019
Join the biggest sport event in Padua and take part in the many events that will enliven this beautiful city!
28 April 2019
On 28 April 2019 one the long-awaited Marathons in Italy, Sant'Antonio Marathon in Padua is back! A varied program and the completely renovated route of the 2016 edition promise to please both athletes and enthusiasts who will reach Padova to enjoy a day of sport and fun! Without forgetting Padova Half Marathon, the Paralympic Marathon and the City Runs: the Padua Marathon 2019 promises to be an event not to be missed!
Now in its 20th edition, the Sant Antonio Marathon in Padova offers a high level competition in a highly suggestive context: 42.195km or 21.097km for one of the best-known half marathons in Italy in 2019, in the artistic beauty of the historic centre and the treasures of its vast province. Launched in 2000 on the occasion of the Jubilee, the San Antonio Marathon in Padova has established itself in the world of national major sporting events in Italy that can rely year after year on a growing participation of athletes and spectators. One of the strength points of this event in Padova, which guarantees the growth of its success, is the fact that this is not a competition for professionals only: the San Antonio Marathon in Padova is designed to give everyone, from Padua citizens to tourists and visitors the opportunity to enjoy a day of sport in the open air!
Marathon Padova - 2019 route
The race begins and ends in Padua, unlike past years when the departure was set in the heart of the Padua province and the capital was reached only near the finish line.
- The path of the San Antonio Marathon in Padova will start on the athletics track of the Euganeo Stadium then advance out to the province, through Rubano, Selvazzano, Teolo and the beautiful Euganean Hills area.
- Abano Terme will be crossed too, where the San Antonio Marathon in Padova 2019 will march along the pedestrian centre passing by the Hotel Kursaal and the historic Hotel Clock, and then back down towards Padova crossing zona Mandria and via Goito.
- The race will then enter the centre of the city passing along Via Vescovado, Piazza Duomo, Piazza dei Signori and Piazza della Frutta. Athletes will be able to admire the historic Caffè Pedrocchi, Bo Palace and the Basilica of St. Anthony, before reaching the arrival in the enchanting setting of Prato della Valle.
As for the half marathon, Padua will only be the arrival point: the half marathon in Padova will start from Abano Terme, near the of San Daniele Park, and will join the official race near the Monteortone Stadium, after about 5 km from the starting point.
For the entire duration of the Padova marathon 2019, the course will be closed to traffic in order to allow participants and spectators to focus exclusively on the race from start to finish. The city will be taken over for the whole day by the lively atmosphere of the San Antonio Marathon in Padova while athletes will be applauded from beginning to end of the race along a route of great charm!
Besides the half marathon in Padova, space is given to the usual events in Padova with:
- the Paralympic Marathon, now part of the Padua marathon;
- the City Runs that, in recent editions have seen the participation of about twenty thousand people. During the Stracittadina, Padua opens its doors to everyone: families, novice runners, children, the elderly and anyone who wants to spend a pleasant day outdoors can take part in these enjoyable non-competitive races and spend a day in the open air! The City Runs of Sant Antonio Marathon in Padua offers three different routes, among which each participant will be able to find the one that best suits their skills: 1, 5 and 10 km through the beauty of the old town, beginning in Prato della Valle.
Also the Charity Program is back. After the success of the last edition, the athletes taking part in the competition will have the opportunity to choose the charity they wish to run for (amongst the list of charities available) and raise funds!
The appointment with Expo Padova Marathon is also confirmed, the largest exhibition space of over 2500 square metres dedicated entirely to running, wellness and sports in general, not to mention many tourism proposals and tasting of local products. Strategically set up in Prato della Valle, the arrival of all competitions related to the Marathon in Padua, Italy, the Expo will be open from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 April. In addition to being an important showcase for companies, institutions and sponsors of the sports industry, the expo area will also serve as a reception centre for the athletes in the race.
One of the prominent Padua events and also of the national jogging calendar and a great festival that involves the whole city, the Marathon of Padua 2019 is definitely one of the events in Padova not to be missed! Professional sports, enthusiastic spectators and lovers of activities in the open air, do not miss this exciting event surrounded by the beauty of Padua!
And why not take advantage of the Marathon of Padua in April 2018 to know Padua and Veneto better thanks to our interesting proposals? Have a look at our Tours & Activities section to choose the best proposals to enrich your stay!
Period: 28 April 2019
Event location: Padua
Need help choosing
Venice: Tapio Wirkkala and Matthias Schaller exhibitions at the Murano Glass Museum
From 07 May 2019 to 29 September 2019
Venice: Festa della Sensa 2019
From 01 June 2019 to 02 June 2019
Treviso: Primavera del Prosecco Superiore 2019
From 16 March 2019 to 09 June 2019
Venice: Vogalonga Regatta in Venice
09 June 2019