'Picasso. Figure' at Palazzo Forti
The evolution of the human figure in the representations of Picasso from 1906 to 1971
From 15 October 2016 to 12 March 2017
- Bookable services
- Taxis & Transfers
After several years since the last Italian retrospective dedicated to Pablo Picasso, Verona pays tribute to the most eclectic artists of the twentieth century with a great Picasso exhibition in 2016 at Palazzo Forti, where, from 15th October 2016 to 12th March 2017, 'Picasso. Figure' will be on display at the Amo Museum!
The Picasso exhibition in Verona aims to retrace Pablo Picasso's entire artistic career through ninety works coming from the Musée National Picasso in Paris, which houses one of the richest collections in the world dedicated to the artistic production of the Andalusian genius.
The Verona exhibition in 2016 on Picasso will present an itinerary on the artist’s metamorphosis in the representation of the human body... Paintings, sculptures and graphic arts will allow visitors of the Picasso exhibit in Verona to appreciate the artist’s different creative phases - from pre-cubism and Cubism, Classicism and Surrealism up to the post-war years - to bring about a new concept of figure that transcends the barriers imposed by the very definition of 'portrait' and 'genre scene'... This evolution accompanied the artist’s entire existence, during which he gave life to a very intimate and entirely personal art, producing works that appeal to all eras, leaving an indelible mark in the history of modern Art.
The six sections that compose the Picasso exhibition in Verona will help visitors understand Pablo Picasso’s 'obsession' for portraits and the human figure.
The first section of the Picasso exhibition in Italy is dedicated to Cubist deconstruction and reconstruction; this is followed by the second one which presents the interpretation of the classic line, whilst the 3rd delves on surrealist metamorphosis and the 4th on war figures. The 5th section marks the return to the origins linked to the works created between 1945 and 1953, while the 6th and last section of the Picasso exhibition in Italy in 2016 shows the complicated relationship between 'the artist and his model'.
91 works are showcased by the Verona art exhibition: from ‘Les Demoiselles d'Avignon' dating back to 1907, 'The Kiss', 1931, 'The Weeping Woman' and 'Seated Woman (Marie-Thérèse), 1937, up to ‘L’Étreinte ' and 'La Famille', 1970... These masterpieces create an exciting journey into the artistic life of one of the greatest artists of the twentieth century!
In addition to Picasso’s artistic production, the Verona exhibition on Picasso also displays photos and period films to place his masterpieces within a precise social and historical context.
'Picasso. Figure' is organized by Arthemisia Group, in collaboration with the City of Verona and the Musée national Picasso - Paris, and curated by Emilie Bouvard, curator of the Paris museum.
Of great interest is also Palazzo Forti, the venue of the Verona Picasso exhibit. For several years this building has been the main location of Amo, the Museum of the Verona Arena Foundation, which houses a fascinating exhibition dedicated to Opera: photographs, letters, books, figurines, stage sets and music scores present the work of the people involved in the preparation of an Opera work, while historical and multimedia documents reveal the long creative process that ends with the staging of an Opera.
In addition to the permanent collection dedicated to Opera, the museum also hosts prestigious temporary exhibitions ... Will the Verona Picasso exhibition on Picasso and his figures equal the success of the last exhibitions held at Amo, such as those dedicated to Tamara de Lempicka and Maria Callas? You will have to find out by visiting this fascinating exhibition!
'Picasso. Figure' at Palazzo Forti
- Monday from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- Tuesday to Sunday, from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
(Ticket office closes at 18.30)
- Monday, 31st October 2016: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Tuesday, 1st November 2016: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Monday, 5th December 2016: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Thursday, 8th December 2016: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Saturday, 24th December 2016: from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
- Sunday, 25th December 2016: from 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- Monday, 26th December 2016: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Saturday, 31st December 2016: from 9.30 to 17.30
- Sunday, 1st January 2017: from 12.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- Monday, 2nd January 2017: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Friday, 6th January 2017: from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm
Tickets Prices 'Picasso. Figure' at Palazzo Forti
- Full price: €14.00 (audio guide included)
- Reduced €12.00 (audio guide included) – over 65*, children aged 11 to 18, students up to 25 years of age*, non-accredited journalists with valid National card, conscripts, police members, disabled people, Verona card holders, ATV (Azienda Trasporti Verona) Lake Garda ticket holders (bus to/from Lake Garda), residents of Preganziol (TV)*, Qui! Cultura coupon holders, AreAArte card holders*, members of Idea Verona * and Verona Opera Association*, customers, agents and employees* of Generali, L’Arena coupon holders, AGSM and Megareti* employees.
- Group reduction €11000 - minimum 15 maximum 25 people (only with prior reservation)
- Special reduction €6.50 (audio guide included) - children from 4 to 11 years, Civil Service volunteers with valid card.
- Free - children up to 3 years, tour guides with ID, 1 assistant accompanying a disable person, 2 teachers per group (visiting with pupils and students), 1 guide per group; ICOM members (with ID), VIP Arthemisia Group card holders.
Period: From 15 October 2016 to 12 March 2017
Event location: Palazzo Forti, Verona
Need help choosing
Venice: Regata Storica 2019
01 September 2019
Venice: 76. Venice International Film Festival
From 28 August 2019 to 07 September 2019
Verona: Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2019
From 21 June 2019 to 07 September 2019
Verona: Verona Summer Theatre 2019
From 15 June 2019 to 14 September 2019