Sand Sculpture Festival & Summer Events in Jesolo Lido
Sand sculptures, concerts, food, wine and culture events throughout the summer at Jesolo Lido
From 02 June 2019 to 15 September 2019
The full calendar of the summer Jesolo events 2019 could not be without the traditional appointment with the most awaited sand sculptures festival in Italy! … From June 2 to September 15 the Jesolo International Sand Sculpture Festival will celebrate the five hundredth anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death with sand creations that will represent works, ideas and artistic productions of the great Florentine thinker.
Following the successful format introduced in the last editions of the sand sculpture in Lido di Jesolo, the festival gets closer to the heart of the city and moves away from the traditional marquee set up on the beach. Piazza Brescia is confirmed as prime location also for the Lido di Jesolo sand sculpture festival 2019: from May 19 you will be able to see the artists at work and watch the different stages of the creative process for the realization of these extraordinary works of sand art. Starting from a block of sand weighing about 1 ton, compacted with water, the artists have to remove, shape, add and sculpture to create the work that they have decided to present. Once completed, the sculptures will be exhibited in Piazza Brescia from June 2 through September 15 with free entry!
Since 1998, the Jesolo sand sculpture festival is a real attraction for sculptors from all over the world, ready to engage in the difficult test to model large sand volumes freely interpreting a theme, that differs from year to year, which leaves ample space for creativity and imagination. The theme chosen for the exhibition of the 2019 Sand Sculptures in Lido di Jesolo is inspired by the genius and memory of Leonardo da Vinci, 500 years after his death. The exhibition will display sculptures connected to Leonardo’s works, ideas and artistic creations.
Facilitated by the historical artistic direction of Richard Varano, the artists will have to remember the many talents of this inventive man considered the greatest master of the Renaissance... Piazza Brescia will therefore offer a fascinating journey to discover the multiple qualities and abilities of Leonardo as an inventor, scientist and one of the best Italian artists.
Sand Sculptures Jesolo 2019
The Jesolo sand sculptures will be made by the artists Susanne Ruseler (Netherlands), Ilya Filimontsev (Russia), David Ducharme (Canada) and Radek (Radonvan) Zivney (The Czech Republic)
Edition after edition, the Jesolo International Sand Sculpture exhibition has helped to increase the charm and resonance of Jesolo Lido, a tourist resort able to renew itself each year and to implement its extensive tourist offer that makes it a place suitable for all ages of tourists, from young people who want to have fun to families with children.
On top of the famous sand sculptures, Jesolo 2019 is rich of events for all tastes! Among all the events in Jesolo 2019 we’d like to point out a few:
- The original evening markets in the main squares from 18.00 to 24.00. Piazza Casabianca, Piazza Aurora, Piazza Milano, Piazza Manzoni, Piazza Torino, Piazza Nember and Piazza Mazzini will host a range of themed markets: for example, Bontà e benessere, the evening farmers market and The Arts Corner are dedicated to organic food and natural craftsmanship, Mercanti d’autore and Shows under the stars are instead dedicated to handicraft and creativity.
- The great beach parties:
- o Random: una Festa a Caso – July 27 Spiaggia del faro
- o Jesolo Dj Superstar – August 3 at Spiaggia del faro
- o Holi, il Festival dei Colori – August 10 Spiaggia del Faro
- o Special Live on the beach – August 11 Spiaggia del Faro
- The tasty food and wine events, such as Griglie Roventi – July 20 in Piazza Torino and Le paste artigianali d’Italia –July 23-24 in Piazza 1°Maggio, not to forget the Feste Marinare in nearby Cortellazzo to taste delicious local dishes in an entertaining atmosphere:
- o July 12-13 and 26-27
- o August 9-10 and 16-17
- The open-air dance evenings, from June 10 to September 11 – balloroom dancing every Monday in Piazza Torino and every Thursday in Piazza Manzoni, latin American dancing every Wednesday in Piazza Nember.
- Art and culture will be showcased during Jesolo Arte - which from May 20 to September 30 will turn the city's main squares into true outdoor museums with many interesting exhibitions - and Jesolo Libri - which in June, July and August will feature weekly events in Piazza Brescia with the authors who will present their works and shine a light on history, current events and our well-being.
- A truly special event of the summer of 2019 is the Bobo Summer Camp from July 11-13 on the beach of Piazza Brescia with the former Inter football striker Christian Vieri participating in footvolley tournaments to challenge the public and his friends. There will be plenty of VIPs around!
- Sunday September 15 will be the days of the Frecce Tricolori which, together with other air forces, will give life to what has become one of the most anticipated Jesolo beach events in 2019!
We can’t forget to mention the proximity to Venice and other magical art heritage cities in the Veneto region! Discover all our proposals in our section Jesolo & beach resorts or reach Venice with public transport and visit the city with one of our suggestions in the Tours & Activities in Venice section!
Lido di Jesolo: sand sculptures 2019, markets and many other events for a summer of sun, sea and fun!sea and fun!
Period: From 02 June 2019 to 15 September 2019
Event location: Jesolo Lido, Venice
Contacts: for more information about Jesolo sand sculpture festival 2019 visit www.comune.jesolo.ve.it/prossimi_eventi
Need help choosing
Venice Public Transport
ACTV One-way Vaporetto tickets & 24/48/72-hour and 7-day Travel Cards
- € 7.50
Tours & Activitiescoming soon
Girolaguna from Jesolo Lido: bike & boat tour along the coast of the Venetian lagoon
Duration: approx. 6 hours
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021