Sherwood Festival 2016
A summer of music and culture at the Stadio Euganeo in Padova
From 08 June 2016 to 16 July 2016
From 8 June to 16 July 2016 the great music of the Sherwood Music Festival is back! Summer events, shows and concerts in Padua!
The rich program of the Sherwood Festival Padova is now defined and, in addition to the likes of Fatboy Slim, Clementino and Subsonica, there will be cultural events, debates and original evening! A perfect mix to replicate the great success of the previous editions of the Padova Sherwood Festival!
The location has not changed, confirming all events of Padova Sherwood at the North Park Stadio Euganeo in Padova. The organizers said that the confirmation of the Sherwood Festival at Stadio Euganeo has been given by the engaging and decisive response of thousands of people that every year take part in the event, clearly demonstrating that the public appreciate the location and follow the event with great enthusiasm. The Sherwood Festival Padova is a totally independent event of culture and music that every year relies on many volunteering collaborators who work to create a vibrant public space in constant evolution, where live theatre, music, sports, current affairs debates and more take place.
The Padua Sherwood Festival program for 2016 includes more than just musical events: to enrich the event there will be different thematic debates, scheduled every Monday evening, presentations and cultural meetings to be held inside the stand Zoom Outà under the management of Global Project.
Among the interesting new features of the Padova Sherwood Festival 2016 we point out the Festivals in the Festival:
- June 26 - Call for Artists for Refugees - a great initiative, a free and open space where different artists can freely express themselves in support of refugees and migrants. The purpose is to show solidarity to those who flee from poverty and war through art!
- June 29 - Sherwood Reggae Day - 2nd Edition with Macka B & The Roots Ragga Band. Open act: BomChilom & Mr. Robinson. Considered one of the most influential mc / toaster UK, Macka B continues his brilliant career between roots and reggae that spans more than thirty years!
- July 8 - Sherwood Hip Hop Day - 7th Edition with Clementino. Open Act: Massima Tackenza; aftershow: Freestyle Final Battle & Showcases.
The Radio Sherwood Festival of Padua was founded in 1976 as the 'best alternative' to the political and cultural flatness that prevailed at that time. Over the years, the event has had increasing success, dictated by the inclusion of new musical and cultural projects. Today Padova Sherwood has become one of the most important musical and cultural national events.
The beginning of the Padova Sherwood Festival 2016 is scheduled for 8 June ... Write down the date and the events that interest you most!
Padova Sherwood Festival 2016
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016 - Tre Allegri Ragazzi
The summer tour, organized after the publication of Inhumans, the last album of Tre Allegri Ragazzi Morti, will see on the stage of the Sherwood Festival Stadio Euganeo the presence of Monique 'Honeybird' Mizrahi on guitars, charango and ukulele.
- Thursday, June 9, 2016 - Edo and the Buccaneers
A music project formed by Edoardo Cremonese and Buccaneers, a band with a changing and dynamic formation.
- Friday, June 10, 2016 - Fatboy Slim
Open act: Spiller; Aftershow: Do not Friday.
DJ, record producer and British beatmaker, Fatboy Slim has a unique style, combining hip hop, breakbeat, rock and R&B.
- Saturday, June 11, 2016 - Motta
Instrumentalist who has served over the years his skills to artists of the likes of Nada, Pan Del Diavolo and Zen Circus. 'The end of twenty years' is the fascinating story of the human and musical growth of this young talent of the Italian music.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - Sisma Night: LaScimmia + Giudah
Sisma is a group of young people born in 2014 with the goal of creating a lively and vibrant music scene organizing concerts of emerging bands in the Treviso area side by side with the most famous artistic projects of the underground domestic and foreign scene.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - Talco's 'Silent Town Summer Tour'
Open act: Herman Medrano & The Groovy Monkeys
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 - Sandro Joyeux
One of the biggest surprises of the first big concert in May 2015 in Rome comes to the Sherwood Festival. Parisian by birth and globetrotters with a passion, he has developed a musical style that is a bridge between Africa and Europe
- Friday, June 17, 2016 - Ministri's 'General Culture Summer Tour'
Open act: The Stewards; aftershow: Momostock.
Indie-rock revelation of 2008, Ministri had a phenomenal success that brought them to collect more than one hundred concerts in just two years!
- Saturday, June 18, 2016 - Altavoz De Dia
Nina Kraviz, Max D. Blas, Pako S B2b Genny G, Paul Tamoni, Bert, Alessio Tonin.
For the ninth consecutive year, Altavoz returns to the Radio Sherwood Festival, a meeting with the great electronic music, which has now become one of the most successful Italian and European music events.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - Bologna Violenta's 'Discordia Tour'
Born in 2005 from an idea of Nicola Manzan, the Bologna Violenta project is characterized by its extreme sounds, in which the drum is arranged with grindcore and classical orchestra guitars.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - Sherwood Irish Day
All in green for this long-awaited event of the Sherwood Festival 2016 line-up at the Stadio Euganeo. Stout, violins and bagpipes will accompany the projection of the Italy-Ireland match.
- Thursday, June 23, 2016 - Sica
Born in 2012, SICA can already boast live performances at the Sziget Festival in Budapest and at the Circolo Magnolia in Milan.
- Friday, June 24, 2016 - Naat Veliov & The Original Kočani Orkestar
A typical Balkan sound made famous by Goran Bregovic, with a bit of histrionics and original contaminations.
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Colle Der Fomento
Open act: Karma22, Azot1 & Zonta; aftershow: Dj Linch, Dj Plaku. After the concert, screening of the documentary 'Digging New York'
- Tuesday June 28, 2016 - Godblesscomputers
Lorenzo 'Godblesscomputers' collects sounds, explores them, dissects them, and reassembles them at a glance.
- Friday, July 1, 2016 - The Atom Tanks
A mix of music and social commitment. Ska, folk, reggae and balkan to talk about protection of common goods, freedom, migrants, housing rights and anti-fascism.
- Sunday, July 3, 2016 - The Singing Wall
The Sherwood Festival hosts an evening inspired by the popular voice, that moves, awakens and inflames tempers.
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016 - Giorgio Ciccarelli (Ex Afterhours)
Guitarist, singer, songwriter and composer, he has released records and played with many important bands ... Now the time has come to be known by himself, taking part in the Padova Sherwood Festival 2016!
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016 - Sherwood Goes Hardcore 2
Slander, Hobos, ZEIT, Riot, Beelzebeat
- Thursday, July 7, 2016 - EFOG Night
IDGA, Bad Weather, RdmGrl
The group Electronic Fog returns to Sherwood Festival Padova, Italy! Born in 2007, Electronic Fog aims to spread the electronic culture in its various forms.
- Saturday, July 9, 2016 - Sherwood Holi Festival of Colors
After over one hundred thousand registered visitors last year, a great return of the hit format inspired by the Indian tradition.
- Tuesday July 12, 2016 - Steve Slick & The Gangsters
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016 - Ana Tijoux
Much appreciated by artists such as Jovanotti and Radiohead, Ana Tijoux, French rap singer of Chilean origin, is one of the most appreciated singers of the urban landscape.
- Thursday July 14, 2016 - Sherwood Underground
- Friday, July 15, 2016 - Sherwood Festival Subsonica [1996-2016] Tour
Aftershow: Paul Laza
On May 27, a special free concert for the beginning of the celebrations for the 20th anniversary of Subsonica… After this great event Subsonica will play in the major Italian festivals, among them the Sherwood Music Festival in Padova could not left out!
- Saturday, July 16, 2016 - Little Shop of Horrors
Open act: The BuioAftershow: The Mojos
In order to offer the public great shows at low prices, many events of the Sherwood Festival - North Park Stadio Euganeo - Padova fall in the initiative '€ 1 is enough', while other events will still be at an accessible cost to all.
Sherwood Festival Padua is a well-established reality in the Italian and international music scene ... To call it a musical event would be an understatement: in addition to numerous concerts, Sherwood Festival Padua is an all-round cultural event with theatre, sports, current affairs debates, food and much more!
Sherwood Festival - Getting there: to get to the Stadio Euganeo is very simple, either by your own means or by bus. By car: motorway exit Padova West, take the ramp on the left to Padova and follow the signs to Stadio Euganeo - Spectators Parking; by bus: from the centre of Padova, bus 11 towards Taggì and get off in via Montà, walk along Via Croce Verde towards Stadio Euganeo; alternatively, bus 13 towards Altichiero and get off in via the Sacro Cuore, walk along via Due Palazzi towards Stadio Euganeo.
Celebrate the great early summer: from 8 June to 16 July Sherwood Festival 2016 is waiting for you in Padua! Book one of our hotels in Padua and let yourself be swept away by the electrifying atmosphere of the Sherwood Festival: concerts, meetings, debates, sports and much more!
Period: From 08 June 2016 to 16 July 2016
Event location: Park Nord Stadio Euganeo in Padua
Contacts: Sherwood Festival 2016 tickets and info - www.sherwood.it
Need help choosing