Treviso Marathon 2018
A new date and a redesigned route for the 15th edition of one of the most exciting marathons in Italy!
25 March 2018
- Bookable services
- Taxis & Transfers
Great expectations for the Treviso Marathon 2018: Sunday 25th March get ready on the start line to take part in the famous race that crosses some of the most beautiful areas of the Veneto region!
Now in its 15th edition, the Treviso marathon course has by now reached a high position in the list of the most popular races in Italy, each year attracting important national and international athletes.
Many new features await the athletes enrolled in the Treviso Marathon 2018: a Treviso marathon new route, 42.195 km, with start and finish in Treviso and a change of date - the 15th edition will be held three weeks later than in previous editions - customarily taking place on the first Sunday of March – a fact that will allow athletes to have more time available for their training.
As far as numbering is concerned, it is worth remembering that a new system started in 2014, when the organizers decided to start a rejuvenating process of the event. In addition to the purely organizational aspects, with the aim of being amongst the top marathons in Italy, the Treviso Marathon has also overhauled its social channels and the route that, since its inception until the last edition, used to start in the city of Conegliano.
Treviso Marathon & Half Marathon route 2018
As already mentioned, for the first time in its history, the Treviso marathon 2018 will have coinciding start and finish points in the city of Treviso... the Treviso marathon route will follow a completely new course steeped in history, nature and Venetian villas. The River Sile is still one of the strength points alongside a greater attention towards the historic center of Treviso and the towns along the route, amongst them Villorba, Carbonera, Silea, Casale sul Sile and Casier. The virtually entirely flat Treviso marathon new route will provide the competing athletes with the chance to perform at their best and pull off some personal bests surrounded by charming locations, listed buildings and the splendid park of the River Sile.
- The starting line is in Treviso, in front of the Coni Gymnasium in Viale Vittorio Veneto.
- The athletes will continue along via Felissent and enter the town of Villorba where, in Piazza Umberto I, they will pass Villa Giovannina, an exquisite example of Venetian architecture of the late nineteenth century.
- They will then head to Sant'Artemio park, the seat of the Province of Treviso, running past the province’s ethnographic museum of Case Piavone, a rural complex near the river Storga dating back to the late seventeenth century.
- They will then continue towards Carbonera, passing through the towns of Pezzan and Castello where they will be able to admire Villa Tiepolo Passi, a splendid 17th century Venetian villa still inhabited by the family of Conti Passi de Preposulo.
- After Lanzago, the athletes will run past the town hall of Silea and the Oratory of the Madonna della Salute, and once in Cendon they will come across one of the few remains of Memmo Villa, the statue of San Giovanni Nepomuceno, positioned on the Nerbon bridge.
- Passing through the Lipu Storks Centre, the small port of Sant'Elena and the locality of Canton will take the athletes to the town of Casale sul Sile: from via San Nicolò, the marathon runners will run along the River Sile, passing near the church of Santa Maria dell'Assunta and the Park of Torre dei Carraresi, dating back to the 14th century.
- When heading back to Treviso the athletes will also go past Casier. From the small port, the route will continue inside the Regional Nature Park of the River Sile up to the striking bridges over the Burci Cemetery, an archaeological site that extends for 15,000 square meters in a sheltered meander between the new course of the Sile and a relict section of the river. From here the athletes will continue along Via Alzaia del Sile and head back to Treviso crossing the areas of Alzaia and Restera, which are very popular with runners and walkers from the entire province who visit them in high numbers.
- From Ponte dea gobba, opposite the bastions of Santa Sophia, at the 40 km mark, the athletes will enter the historic center to cover the last 2 km in what is nicknamed the 'Garden of Venice'. Excitement, adrenaline and the final bout of physical effort will accompany the athletes for the last few kilometers over the Dante bridge, through the University area, riviera Garibaldi and riviera Santa Margherita, Corso del Popolo, Piazza Borsa, via XX Settembre, Piazza dei Signori, Calmaggiore, via Roggia, piazza Trentin and Ponte de Pria to the finish line in piazzale Burchiellati, where after-race arrangements will be set up.
Runners can pick up bib number and race packet at the Treviso Marathon Expo 2018 - Sala Merci of the Chamber of Commerce of Treviso in Piazza Borsa - Friday 23rd March from 12.00 pm to 7.00 pm and Saturday 24th March from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm. Sunday 25th from 7.30 am to 9.20 am collection will take place at the Coni gymnasium in Viale Vittorio Veneto.
Time recording and processing of the ranks for the marathon and half-marathon in Treviso will be completed via an electronic chip. The chip will be handed out together with the bib, and those who do not wear one will not be added to the final rankings.
The time limit to finish the Treviso Marathon is 6 hours.
Medical assistance, refreshments and sponging areas are available along the entire racecourse.
Treviso Marathon start time: 9.30 am
The Treviso marathon 2018 is included in the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations), AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) and FIDAL calendars.
Besides the main race, La Butto in Vacca® Running Friends will also take place: a recreational playful event created with the intention to involve families and inexperienced runners. Now in its 4th edition, the Moohrun consists of two different courses, 3,5 and 10 km, both with start in Borgo Mazzini and finish line in Piazzale Burchiellati. Participants will decide which course to follow directly during the race. Money donated to the Moohrun La Butto in Vacca® Running Friends will be partly donated to charity.
On March 25th do not miss this famous marathon: Treviso has planned a day of fun and adrenaline to combine sport with the enchanting scenery of Treviso! And if you decide to spend a weekend to discover the magical places encountered by runners along the route, we offer you the best accommodation offers in Treviso!
Period: 25 March 2018
Event location: Treviso
Contacts: for further information on one of the top Italian marathons, entries, race information and route - www.trevisomarathon.com
Need help choosing
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021