Treviso Marathon 2019
A thrilling race through the exciting areas of the Treviso Marca and the River Sile Nature Reserve!
31 March 2019
Great expectations for the Treviso Marathon 2019: Sunday 31st March get ready on the start line to take part in the famous race that crosses some of the most beautiful areas of the Veneto region!
Now in its 16th edition, the Treviso marathon course has by now reached a high position in the list of the most popular races in Italy, each year attracting important national and international athletes.
The Treviso Marathon 2019 sports a route of 42.195 km, with start and finish in the heart of Treviso. Like last year’s edition, it will be held on the last Sunday of March to give athletes additional time for their training.
The 16th Treviso Marathon has an exciting new feature: the 2019 edition will be a 'green' race as 12 kilometers will be run in the Regional Nature Reserve of the River Sile with interesting culture and food and wine events also being showcased!
Treviso Marathon route 2019
The start and finish areas will be the same, the city of Treviso ... but along the Treviso marathon course participants will be able to appreciate the historical and artistic treasures of the surrounding area as they run past Silea, San Biagio di Callalta, Roncade and Casale sul Sile and then soak in the blossoming nature of the splendid River Sile nature reserve. A mostly flat track and, as such, particularly conducive to the improvement of timing performances in an area rich in history, nature and beautiful Venetian villas.
- Start area in Treviso, on Viale IV Novembre - Prato della Fiera.
- After a short detour on Viale Nino Bixio, athletes will cross the city walls at Porta Piave and then continue towards Borgo Cavalli. In this very first part the participants will run through the historic center of Treviso from Borgo Mazzini to Porta San Tommaso, from Ponte Pria sul Botteniga to Bastione San Marco, from Porta Santi Quaranta to the Cathedral, from via Calmaggiore to Piazza dei Signori with Palazzo Podestà, Palazzo dei Trecento, Palazzo Pretorio, from Santa Margherita riviera up to Ponte Dante.
- Runners will then cross the municipalities of Silea, past the town hall, and San Biagio di Callalta, skirting round Biancade and its elegant villa Morosini.
- Next will be the Roncade’s town centre, with the splendid Villa Giustiniani Ciani Bassetti, also called "Castello di Roncade" because of its ring of turreted walls.
- The Treviso marathon new route will then head into Casale sul Sile: from via San Nicolò, runners will skirt the River Sile, passing near the church of Santa Maria dell'Assunta and the Torre dei Carraresi park, dating back to the 14th century.
- They will then reach Lughignano and follow L’Alzaia del Sile up to Casier with a new section compared to 2018: 12 km will be run inside the Regional Natural Reserve of the River Sile and over small bridges and charming sections of land. In Casier runners will also pass the Parco Foundation, the 17th -century Villa Carlotta and Villa Contarini near Grazie.
- Heading back, the route will go through the evocative Burci cemetery. This is an archaeological site that extends for 15,000 square meters in a meander sheltered at the confluence between the new course of the River Sile and the abandoned branch of the 'Sil morto' and that owes its name to 'burcio', a flat-bottomed boat, used for centuries as the main means of transporting goods in the lagoon. From here the athletes will continue towards Treviso between Alzaia and Restera, two areas very popular with runners and walkers from the entire province.
Running surrounded by the nature of Restera, runners will head up to the finish line placed in Prato Fiera, where end-of-race support will be provided and where the participants will be able to replenish their energies with local food and wine delicacies.
Runners can pick up bib number and race packet at the Treviso Marathon Expo 2019 Friday March 29th from 12.00 pm to 7.00 pm and Saturday March 30th from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm; Sunday March 31st from 7.30 am to 9.20 am, collection is scheduled at the starting point in Prato della Fiera.
Time recording and processing of the ranks for the marathon and Treviso half-marathon will be completed via an electronic chip. The chip will be handed out together with the bib, and those who do not wear one will not be added to the final rankings.
The time limit to finish the Treviso Marathon is 6 hours.
Medical assistance, refreshments and sponging areas are available along the entire racecourse.
Treviso Marathon start time: 9.30 am
The Treviso marathon is included in the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations), AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) and FIDAL calendars.
Besides the main race, La Butto in Vacca® Running Friends will also take place: a recreational playful event created with the intention to involve families and inexperienced runners. Now in its 5th edition, the Moohrun consists of two different courses, 7 and 10 km, both departing and arriving in Viale IV Novembre - Prato della Fiera, Treviso. Donations from the Treviso Marathon Moohrun La Butto in Vacca® Running Friends will be partly donated to the charity Una Mano per un Sorriso – For Children in Treviso, Dynamo Camp in Milan/Pistoia and Un Cuore per Tutti Onlus in Marghera (VE).
Besides the traditional international 42, 195 km marathon and the joyful MoohRun, this year will also include the Treviso Ten Miles. It was started as a 10-mile Fiasp non-competitive run with strong charity purposes: € 1 for each member will be donated to Cai in Lozzo di Cadore, to help restore the paths of this municipality ruined by the bad weather that between late October and early November struck in particular the area of Belluno.
On March 31st do not miss this famous marathon: Treviso has planned a day of fun and adrenaline to combine sport with the enchanting scenery of Treviso! And if you decide to spend a weekend to discover the magical places encountered by runners along the route, read everything about our ideas on experiences in Treviso and the Prosecco area!
Period: 31 March 2019
Event location: Treviso
Contacts: for further information on one of the top Italian marathons, entries, race information and route - www.trevisomarathon.com
Need help choosing
Venice: ‘Su e zo per i ponti’ 2020
19 April 2020
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 24 May 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 October 2019
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020