Verona in Love 2016
If you love someone ... bring him/her to Verona!
From 11 February 2016 to 14 February 2016
According to a well-established tradition, this year, again on the festival of St Valentine's Day, Verona offers many ideas to celebrate an unforgettable romantic weekend: Verona in Love 2016 is preparing to conquer the hearts of lovers with a mix of poetry, magic and entertainment!
Wondering what to do on Valentine's Day? Verona is the right answer! If you are looking for ideas for Valentine's Day make a note of these dates: from Thursday 11 to Sunday 14 February, the long and exciting program of Valentine's Day in Verona is ready to transport you into a reality of dreams. The long list of events in Verona for Valentine's Day 2016 will allow you to celebrate the most romantic weekend of the year in such a special and unique way, you could even take part in the now famous Giulietta and Romeo- Verona in Love Half Marathon!
Hurry to book your hotel in Verona for Valentine's Day 2016 to soak up the atmosphere of the Italian city of Verona in Love!
During the weekend of Valentine's Day in Verona decorations and illuminations light up the streets of the old town and the windows of shops to accompany the loving couples through the monuments, the numerous itineraries and events: Valentine's Day in Verona in 2016 is not only dedicated to couples, but also to those who are simply in love with love!
The special Valentine's Day in Verona and the Verona In Love festival in 2016 will give everyone the chance to experience four magical days in the city that has been the backdrop to one of the most poignant love stories in romantic literature, 'Romeo and Juliet' by William Shakespeare.
Now in its 12th edition, the famous festival of St Valentine's Day in Verona will warm up the most charming views of the city: the streets of the historic centre, Juliet's balcony, Piazza dei Signori and the Lamberti Tower, the Old Market Courtyard and many other magical places will make you relive the intense and tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet by involving you in activities and events to suit all tastes! Do not forget that, in addition to the purely romantic events, Verona in Love Festival reserves a place of honour to sport with the Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, this year taking place on 14 February!
VERONA IN LOVE - FESTIVAL 2016 PROGRAM (11-14 February)
- Piazza dei Signori: tasting and sale of local products, market with gifts and artefacts, dedicated to love! The stalls will be arranged in the classic 'heart shape' immortalized with many photographs taken from the Torre dei Lamberti;
- Tours in Love' themed guided walks proposed by the associations of tour guides and the province of Verona;
- lights and decorations created specifically to create a warm and charming atmosphere thanks to 'Windows in Love', which involves stores and shops in the centre, and 'Illuminations of Love' from Piazza Bra to Juliet's House;
- 'Seal of love' Verona In Love, a special parchment, sealed with wax, symbolizing a promise of eternal love. The 'Seal of love' must be booked online on the website of the event, by 7 February and collected in the Old Market Courtyard in Verona, in the days of the event, from 10.00 to 19.00;
- during Verona in Love, the Lamberti Tower, the tallest building in the city will be lit red ... Do not miss the opportunity to climb to the top and enjoy a breathtaking view of Verona and Piazza dei Signori!
- 'Marry me in Verona' which provides the opportunity to hold your ceremony in the most famous places of the city such as the Juliet's House, Tapestry Room, the Guarienti Room and the Chapel of Notaries;
- 'Message from the Heart', a large notice board in Old Market Courtyard where you can leave a message or a dedication of love;
- Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, on Sunday 14th February;
- 'Verona Newlyweds': large exhibition area for the Wedding and Ceremony sector held at the Arsenal in Verona on Saturday 13 and Sunday, 14 February…Ideas, services and products to help you organize your wedding!
The long Verona romantic weekend of Valentine's Day in Verona will be entirely devoted to love in all its facets. Among the many initiatives is the 'Dear Juliet Prize', dedicated to the most fascinating and passionate love letters written to the beautiful Capuleti girl by lovers from around the world!
Verona in Love Festival and the Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, now in its 9th edition aims to surpass the large numbers of 2015 with nearly 10 thousand runners who participated! 21,097 km of adrenaline, fatigue and emotions: the Verona in Love Half Marathon crosses the most typical places of Verona before crossing the finish line in the beautiful Piazza Bra. In addition, this consolidated race runs in conjunction with the 'Duo Half Marathon', a 10.5 + 10.6 km relay that is open to all, where the team should be composed of engaged couples or friends.
Live music, themed dinners in the best restaurants of the old town and demonstrations in parts of the city complete the program of Valentine's Day in Verona for 2016.
If you have never seen Verona, Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to admire it in all its glory. Organize and book online your Verona romantic weekend in a Verona hotels, guided tours in Verona and lots of original ideas for Valentine's Day: Verona in Love awaits you.
'If you love someone... 'bring his/her to Verona!'
Period: From 11 February 2016 to 14 February 2016
Event location: Verona
Contacts: for more information about the program Verona in Love veronainlove.it
Need help choosing
Vicenza: Marostica Summer Festival 2019
From 03 July 2019 to 20 July 2019
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2019
From 20 July 2019 to 21 July 2019
Verona: Arena di Verona Opera Festival 2019
From 21 June 2019 to 07 September 2019
Verona: Verona Summer Theatre 2019
From 15 June 2019 to 14 September 2019