Verona in Love 2020
If you love someone ... bring him/her to Verona!
From 12 February 2020 to 16 February 2020
Wondering what to do on Valentine's Day? Verona is the right answer! According to a well-established tradition, on the festival of St Valentine’s Day Verona offers many ideas to celebrate an unforgettable romantic weekend: Verona in Love 2020 is preparing to conquer the hearts of lovers with a mix of poetry, magic and entertainment… Make a note of these dates: from Wednesday 12 to Sunday 16 February
The long and exciting program of Valentine’s Day in Verona is ready to transport you into a reality of dreams!
The long list of events in Verona for Valentine's Day 2020 will allow you to celebrate the most romantic period of the year in such a special and unique way… You could even take part in the famous Giulietta and Romeo- Verona in Love Half Marathon!
The special programme of Verona In Love festival 2020 will give everyone the chance to experience the city that has been the backdrop to one of the most poignant love stories in romantic literature, 'Romeo and Juliet' by William Shakespeare.
During the weekend of Valentine’s Day in Verona decorations and illuminations light up the streets of the old town and the windows of shops to accompany the loving couples through the monuments, the numerous itineraries and events: Valentine's Day in Verona in 2020 is not only dedicated to couples, but also to those who are simply in love with love!
Now in its 16th edition, the famous festival of St Valentine’s Day in Verona will warm up the most charming views of the city: the streets of the historic centre, Juliet's balcony, Piazza dei Signori and the Lamberti Tower, the Old Market Courtyard and many other magical places will make you relive the intense and tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet by involving you in activities and events to suit all tastes! Do not forget that, in addition to the purely romantic events, Verona in Love Festival reserves a place of honour to sport with the Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, this year taking place on Sunday 16 February!
Verona in Love Festival 2020 program (12-16 February)
- Piazza dei Signori: tasting and sale of local products, market with gifts and artefacts, dedicated to love! The stalls will be arranged in the classic 'heart shape' immortalized with many photographs taken from the Torre dei Lamberti;
- lights and decorations created specifically to create a warm and charming atmosphere from Piazza Bra to Juliet’s House;
- 'Tours in Love', themed guided walks proposed by the associations of tour guides and the province of Verona;
- during Verona in Love, the Lamberti Tower, the tallest building in the city, will be lit red ... Do not miss the opportunity to climb to the top and enjoy a breathtaking view of Verona and Piazza dei Signori!
- 'Seal of love' Verona In Love, a special parchment, sealed with wax, symbolizing a promise of eternal love. The 'Seal of love' must be booked online on the official website of the event.
- Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, on Sunday 16th February.
- The legend of Romeo and Juliet: gametour to discover the secrets of Verona – Valentine’s day special dates. If you are looking for an original way to celebrate Valentine's Day, get ready to take part in an engaging interactive tour in Verona... with your partner! An expert tour guide will accompany you into the alleyways of the historical centre to discover the secrets of the Shakespearean lovers: are you ready? You will tackle clues on mysteries and legends to rewrite the end of their tragic love story, book now!!
There is also great expectations for the Romeo and Juliet Half Marathon, now in its 13th edition! The competition aims to surpass the large numbers of 2019 with nearly 7 thousand runners who participated! 21,097 km of adrenaline, fatigue and emotions: the Verona in Love Half Marathon crosses the most typical places of Verona before crossing the finish line in the beautiful Piazza Bra. Oltre alla classica mezza maratona, torna anche Agsm Duo Half Marathon, emozionante corsa a staffetta non competitiva per mettersi alla prova assieme ad un amico, al compagno d’allenamento o alla vostra dolce metà!
Live music, themed dinners in the best restaurants of the old town and demonstrations in parts of the city complete the program of Valentine’s Day in Verona for 2020.
If you have never seen Verona, Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to admire it in all its glory. Organize and book online your Verona romantic weekend: Verona in Love awaits you. 'If you love someone... bring them to Verona!'
Period: From 12 February 2020 to 16 February 2020
Event location: Verona
Contacts: for more information about the program Verona in Love www.dolcementeinlove.com
Veneto: Christmas nativities in Veneto
From 01 December 2019 to 09 February 2020
Venice: Venice Carnival 2020
From 08 February 2020 to 25 February 2020
Venice: From Titian to Rubens: Flemish masterpieces at the Doge’s Palace
From 05 September 2019 to 01 March 2020
Padua: Van Gogh, Monet, Degas: the masterpieces of the Mellon collection on display in Padua
From 26 October 2019 to 01 March 2020