Verona Summer Theatre 2017
Shakespeare Festival, Verona Jazz Festival and other top music, theatre and dance performances!
From 16 June 2017 to 16 September 2017
- Bookable services
- Taxis & Transfers
From 16 June to 16 September Estate Teatrale Verona is back on stage! The historical festival of prose, music and dance, now in its 69th edition, will this year again showcase in Verona an eventful list of thrilling performances. At the Roman Theatre, the Verona Shakespeare Festival, Verona Jazz Festival, Rumors – Illazioni Vocali and the great dance of Victor Ullate and Stomp. The friendly and more intimate atmosphere of the Old Market Court in Verona, will be in the name of contemporary drama and dance. Be sure not to miss the Estate Teatrale Veronese 2017, an event that continues to enchant thousands of spectators since 1948!
The Roman Theatre Verona schedule for 2017 boasts a total of 51 nights, and will be opened this year by 'Rumors – Illazioni Vocali'. Both events for the Verona Jazz Festival are included in the vast proposal of the Roman Theatre Verona concerts for 2017.
Rumors – Illazioni Vocali
Now in its 5th edition, the Verona Summer Theatre Festival 2017 opens on 16 June with Rag'n'bone Man, the young British songwriter considered a true phenomenon in the contemporary music scene. Rumors will continue on 18 June with Tony Bennett, a living legend whose career spans over 60 years and boasts 19 Grammy awards, who will be performing one of the Roman Theatre Verona concerts in 2017 on his only show in Italy; on 19 June, grand finale with Francesco Gabbani, winner of the latest edition of the Sanremo Festival with his 'Occidentali's Karma'.
Verona Jazz 2017
The program for Verona Jazz in June 2017, now in its 44th edition, at the Roman Theatre, presents 7 evenings of great emerging artists and protagonists on the international scene.
- 20 June Verona Jazz 2017 debuts with Billy Cobham Band;
- 21 June Paolo Fresu’s 'Devil Quartet';
- 22 June David Gazarov Trio with special guest Sandro Roy take centre stage;
- 23 June Estate Teatrale Veronese presents Raphael Gualazzi’s 'Love Life Peace';
- 24 June Stefano Bollani with 'Napoli Trip Feat Flo';
- 25 June Simona Molinari with 'Loving Ella' and special guest Mauro Ottolini;
- 26 June Luca Aquino & The Jordanian National Orchestra's Ensemble will perform on the closing night of Verona Jazz 2017 at Teatro Romano!
Estate Teatrale Verona 2017 has planned a series of summer events also in the dance section that should not be missed. One of the most awaited Roman Theatre concerts will undoubtedly be showcased on 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 August by Stomp, the English ensemble of dancers, percussionists, actors and acrobats. Appreciated all over the world for their original and engaging performances, Stomp bring on stage sounds and beats of everyday urban life through the use of unusual instruments such as garbage bins, tires, sinks and brooms. Also performing at Estate Teatrale Verona 2017 will be Victor Ullate Ballet - Comunidad de Madrid on 4 and 5 August, with the Italian premiere of a new staging of 'Carmen'.
In the most intimate spaces of the Old Market Court (Corte Mercato Vecchio), the Verona Summer Theatre Festival - Dance offers several performances focused on research and experimentation:
- 30 June 30 and 1 July Ersiliadanza with 'Gross Domestic Happiness' by Laura Corradi;
- 8 July Spellbound Contemporary Ballet with 'Rossini ouvertures' by Mauro Astolfi;
- 15 July Naturalis Labor with 'Piazzolla tango' by Luciano Padovani;
- 22 July, the Spanish company Otradanza with 'Polvo' by Asun Noales.
In the Old Market Court in Verona the program leaves ample space for prose, in a setting of great charm and emotion:
- 3 and 4 July 'The Wizard of Oz' by Lyman Frank Baum - directed by Giuseppe Costalunga;
- 5 and 6 July ‘Una storia a tempo di jazz’ produced and directed by Giuseppe Costalunga;
- 11-14 July ‘Cantieri Invisibili’ with Liberté, egalité, varieté - directed by Alberto Bronzato;
- 18-21 July 'Much ado about nothing' by William Shakespeare, on stage Punto in Movimento / Shiftingpoint directed by Roberto Totola;
- 25-28 July 'Cassandra site specific' by Teatro Scientifico - Teatro Laboratorio – performed by Elisabetta Pozzi, who has also directed the show’s dramaturgy in collaboration with Massimo Fini.
Great anticipation also for the Shakespeare Festival in Verona Italy, now in its 69th edition! Staged at the Roman Theatre, Verona Italy Shakespeare Festival 2017 will present two shows in national premiere:
- 6-8 July 'Richard II' – King Richard is originally interpreted by Maddalena Crippa, under the direction of the great German director Peter Stein;
- 26-29 July 'A Midnight Summer Dream' – a stellar cast with Violante Placido, Giorgio Pasotti, Paolo Ruffini and Stefano Fresi directed by Massimiliano Bruno.
Besides Shakespeare’s plays, the Verona Festival 2017 programme presents two additional shows:
- 19-22 July national premiere of "Baruffe chiozzotte" by Carlo Goldoni - directed by Paolo Valerio;
- 15-16 September 'Seven against Thebes' by Aeschylus - directed by Marco Baliani.
From 16 June to 16 September do not miss the Verona Summer Theatre Festival 2017! The programme is ready to offer so many new emotions! At the Roman Theatre in Verona, events of Estate Teatrale present dance, Jazz, Illazioni Vocali and Shakespeare Festival in Verona. The shows in Verona Old Market Court, in keeping with the atmosphere of this charming location, will stage prose and contemporary dance.
Book a hotel in Verona, taking in the magical atmosphere of the Verona Summer Theatre 2017! And if you're staying a few days in the beautiful city of Verona take the opportunity to also discover the charming surrounding areas: Lake Garda and Valpolicella with organized excursions!
Period: From 16 June 2017 to 16 September 2017
Event location: Roman Theatre and Corte Mercato Vecchio, Verona
Contacts: information and tickets for Estate Teatrale and Shakespeare Festival Verona 2017 at www.estateteatraleveronese.it
Need help choosing
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 December 2020
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana – 2020 Exhibitions
From 11 July 2020 to 10 January 2021