Verona Summer Theatre 2018
Shakespeare Festival, Verona Jazz Festival and other top music, theatre and dance performances!
From 31 May 2018 to 15 September 2018
From May 31st to September 15th Estate Teatrale Verona is back on stage! The historical festival of prose, music and dance, now in its 70th edition, will this year again showcase in Verona an eventful list of thrilling performances. At the Roman Theatre, the Verona Shakespeare Festival, Verona Jazz Festival, Rumors – Illazioni Vocali and the great dance of Momix and the Paul Taylor Dance Company. The friendly and more intimate atmosphere of the Old Market Court in Verona, will be in the name of contemporary drama and dance. Be sure not to miss the Estate Teatrale Veronese 2018, an event that continues to enchant thousands of spectators since 1948!
The Roman Theatre Verona schedule for 2018 boasts a total of 59 nights, 37 at Teatro Romano and 22 in Corte Mercato Vecchio, and will be opened this year by 'Rumors – Illazioni Vocali' and Verona Jazz Festival. Both events are part of the wide program of Teatro Romano di Verona concerts 2018.
Rumors – Illazioni Vocali
Now in its 6th edition, the Verona Summer Theatre Festival 2018 will present 3 entertaining evenings, in line with the long-established theme of this event. Dedicated to singing and to cultural vanguards, Rumors places singing as its focal point, portraying it as a source of melody, of meaning, as a musical instrument and a means of communication that evokes the highest spheres of human emotions.
- Noa – May 31st at 21.00
- Peppe Servillo & Danilo Rea – June 19th at 21.00
- Steven Wilson – Juned 25th at 21.00
Verona Jazz 2018
The program for Verona Jazz in June 2018, now in its 45th edition, at the Roman Theatre, presents 5 evenings of great emerging artists and protagonists on the international scene.
- Paolo Fresu and Chano Dominguez – June 20th at 21.00
- Peter Cincotti and Lex Sadler & Joe Nero – June 21st at 21.00
- Gianluigi Trovesi and Gianni Coscia – June 22nd at 21.00
- Massimo Ranieri – June 23rd at 21.00
- Dave Holland & Zakir Hussain & Chris Potter – June 24th at 21.00
Estate Teatrale Verona 2018 has also planned a series of unmissable summer dance events. The most anticipated one is with Momix, who will present their new show ‘Momix’ – from 30th July to August 11th, except on August 5th. The Teatro Romano di Verona danza 2018 will also host Paul Taylor Dance Company: founded by Taylor, they will be in Verona for the first time in two unmissable appointments, August 17th and 18th.
In the most intimate spaces of the Old Market Court (Corte Mercato Vecchio), the Verona Summer Theatre Festival - Dance offers several performances focused on research and experimentation:
- 'Il barbiere di Siviglia' by Monica Casadei - Compagnia Artemis – June 30th
- 'Siamo tutti guerrieri' by Laura Corradi - Ersiliadanza – July 6th and 7th
- 'Le fumatrici di pecore' by Antonella Bertoni - Compagnia Abbondanza-Bertoni – July 14th
- 'Hopera' by Patrizia Salvatori - GDO Dance Company – July 21st
- 'Deep impact' Loop by Olivia Lucchini - July 28th
Great anticipation also for the Shakespeare Festival in Verona Italy, now in its 70th edition! Staged at the Roman Theatre, Verona Italy Shakespeare Festival 2018 will present three shows:
- 'Edmund Kean' by Raymund FitzSimons, with Gigi Proietti as a director – July 4th, 6th and 7th
- 'Measure for measure' by William Shakespeare, by Paolo Valerio with Massimo Venturiello - July 19th, 20th and 21st
- 'Shakespeare in love' by Lee Hall, taken by film of the same-name by John Madden, which won seven Oscars and three Golden Globes – July 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th
Besides Shakespeare’s plays, the Verona Italy Shakespeare Festival 2018 programme presents two additional shows:
- 'Il calzolaio di Ulisse', the new show by Marco Paolini directed by Gabriele Vacis - July 12th, 13th and 14th
- 'Eracle' by Euripide, directed by Emma Dante – September 14th and 15th
'Il calzolaio di Ulisse' and 'Measure for measure' will premiere at the Teatro Romano; 'Shakespeare in love' as an Italian premiere.
On top of the ones that will take place in the wonderful setting of the Teatro Romano, the Old Market Court in Verona has been given ample space by the program for poetry, in a setting of great charm and emotion:
- 'The jungle book' - Fondazione Aida presents the collection of stories by Rudyard Kipling, directed by Pino Costalunga – June 28th and 29th
- 'Swan Lake' - Fondazione Aida presents a pantomime adaptation of Tchykovsky’s ballet - July 3rd and 4th
- 'Preti avvocati dottori peste e così sia!' - Cantieri Invisibili, worded and directed by Matteo Spiazzi – July 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th
- 'A Midsummer Night’s Dream' by William Shakespeare - Punto in Movimento / Shiftingpoint directed by Roberto Totola – July 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th
- 'Oggi è Otello' - Teatro Scientifico and Teatro/Laboratorio, directed and interpreted by Isabella Caserta and Francesco Laruffa, directed by Luca Caserta – July 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th
From May 31st to September 15th do not miss the Verona Summer Theatre Festival 2018! The programme is ready to offer so many new emotions! At the Roman Theatre in Verona, events of Estate Teatrale present dance, Jazz, Illazioni Vocali and Shakespeare Festival in Verona. The shows in Verona Old Market Court, in keeping with the atmosphere of this charming location, will stage prose and contemporary dance.
Book a hotel in Verona, taking in the magical atmosphere of the Verona Summer Theatre 2018! And if you're staying a few days in the beautiful city of Verona take the opportunity to also discover the charming surrounding areas: Lake Garda and Valpolicella with organized excursions!
Period: From 31 May 2018 to 15 September 2018
Event location: Roman Theatre and Corte Mercato Vecchio, Verona
Contacts: information and tickets for Estate Teatrale and Shakespeare Festival Verona 2017 at www.estateteatraleveronese.it
Need help choosing
Venice: ‘Su e zo per i ponti’ 2020
19 April 2020
Venice: Livio Seguso Glass Exhibition at Murano Glass Museum
From 15 October 2019 to 24 May 2020
Treviso: Celebrating Veneto: the Prosecco hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
From 08 August 2019 to 31 October 2019
Venice: Redeemer Festival 2020
From 18 July 2020 to 19 July 2020