What happened on March 6 in VeniceAlmanac of Venice
What happened on March 6 in Venice
According to the Venetian Liturgical Calendar, today is Saints Vitor and Vitorin’s Day
- March 6, 1276: a decree establishes twenty-five years as the minimum age to hold public service positions.
- March 6, 1419: a huge fire destroys the domes of St Mark’s Basilica, with damage for 22,000 ducats.
- March 6, 1460: a law establishes the minimum annual wage of an Arsenale caulker at fifty-three and a half gold ducats.
- March 6, 1853: Verdi's opera "La Traviata" premieres at the Fenice.
- March 6, 1858: Antonio Fradeletto, politician and writer, promoter, alongside Pompeo Molmenti and the Mayor Riccardo Selvatico, of the Venice Biennale of Art, is born in Venice.
Taken from 'Almanacco di Venezia -1600 anni ab Urbe còndita' by Andrea Gersich and Edoardo Rubini
Venice, 6th March 2021
Venice: 10 songs that will make you think of Venice
Did you know that...
Sometimes we hear the first few lines of a song and our minds are suddenly transported back to a place, a memory or a dream. We put tog...View