Amarone Wine Tour: Valpolicella half-day bike excursion from Verona
Why choose this experience?
|1||To experience taste and nature with an original Valpolicella e-bike tour leaving from Verona historic centre|
|2||Because during the bike tour from Verona to Valpolicella you will be assisted by an expert local guide who will tell you about the history, excellence and traditions of this incredible area|
|3||Because it includes a visit to a Valpolicella winery with wine tasting such as the prestigious Amarone|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 45 people
From 1 March to 31 OctoberDeparture point:
via Madonna del Terraglio 5, Verona.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show a paper copy of it. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- In case of light rain the tour will not be suspended and a raincoat will be provided to the participants; in case of heavy rain the bike tour will be replaced by a walking tour. The decision is at the guide's discretion: if you don't accept the choice of the guide, you are not entitled to any refund.
- Given the length of the route (approx. 12.5 miles) and the type of tastings planned, the itinerary is not suitable for children under the age of 14 years.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
- For cancellations up to 8 days before the service, you will get full refund of the amount paid.<br>
- For cancellations between 8 days and 48 hours before the service, you will get a refund of 50% of the amount paid.
- For cancellations with less than 48 hours of the booked service, you will not be entitled to any refund.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
An extraordinary Valpolicella bike tour to get to know one of the most beautiful areas of the province of Verona and to visit a historic wine cellar, the place of production of some of the most popular Italian wines in the world.
Taste, tradition and nature: an unforgettable electric bike tour in Valpolicella to immerse yourself in one of the most beautiful areas of our region and taste the products that have made it famous: the tour includes an Amarone wine tour in Valpolicella and tastings of other famous local wines.
Thanks to the Amarone wine tour's convenient departure from the historic centre of Verona, our Valpolicella by e-bike tour is ideal for those who want to use their holiday in Verona to discover the beautiful areas located just a few kilometres from this extraordinary city full of Venetian art. Verona offers visitors much more than a visit to the Arena or the places of Romeo and Juliet. Just outside the picturesque old town there are in fact, some areas of rare beauty: Valpolicella is one of them, made even more special by its rich and delicious food and wine! The Valpolicella bike tour is collective but, thanks to the small group of people who will take part in the itinerary with you (maximum 12), you can fully enjoy the peace of this scenic area and enjoy this of one of a kind ride!
Visiting Valpolicella by bike will allow you to get in touch with the soul of an area where nature has always had a major role. Vineyards that are lost over the horizon, olive trees, ancient villas and small churches. This bucolic scenery has been a source of inspiration for poets and writers such as Ernest Hemingway, Mario Soldati, Suetonius, Scipione Maffei and many others. In addition to learning about its rich food and wine, our Valpolicella electric bike tour will allow you to draw closer to the other peculiarities of an area where man and nature have always lived together in mutual respect.
Our Valpolicella bike tour lasts about 4 hours. Departure is in the heart of the historic centre of Verona, easily reachable on foot or by public transport. Here you will meet the guide who will accompany you on the Amarone della Valpolicella tour: the route is not particularly difficult but, given the length of the route (approx. 12.5 miles) and the type of tastings planned, it is not suitable for children under the age of 14 years. Before departure, you will be given electric bicycles and equipment for a safe and enjoyable tour.
Leave the chaotic centre of Verona to immerse yourself in the picturesque and quiet Amarone wine tour from Verona along the cycle paths in Valpolicella and spend half a day in the open air with nature and taste! Cycling through the green hills north of Verona you will be able to appreciate the essence of the beautiful natural countryside and soak in the magic of Verona during the Amarone wine tour from Verona that, in addition to wine, has much more to tell.
The hills of Valpolicella, located to the northwest of Verona, is an area of about 240 square kilometres where agriculture has always been the main source of wealth. Valpolicella is shaped by the presence of vines, which stretch as far as the eye can see in a hilly landscape enriched by imposing Venetian villas, capitals, abbeys, courtyards and churches. The propensity of the territory to viticulture was recognised in Roman times, but only in the Middle Ages did the wine activity began to develop. It is said that in the 14th century 30-40% of agricultural land was used for growing grapes.
The large production of Valpolicella wine finds its best expression in Amarone, a wine appreciated and exported all over the world. The term Amarone contains a clear reference to 'bitter', an adjective adopted to distinguish it from the sweetness of Recioto, the sweet and velvety wine from which it originated. Other famous wines include 'Valpolicella', fine Italian red wine with a designation of controlled origin; 'Valpolicella Ripasso characterized by a maceration of 15/20 days with skins of grapes; Valpolicella Superiore, developed from Ripasso, with a refinement of at least 12 months. Our charming Amarone tours Verona-Valpolicella by bike includes a visit to a historic winery with a tasting of Amarone and other wines.
Amarone Tours: Verona cycling route with tastings: an extraordinary Amarone Tours in Valpolicella by e-bike with tastings in a historic winery!
Book now this original Amarone della Valpolicella tour and experience the Valpolicella, a bike tour, Amarone tastings and other famous local wines in a historic cellar of Verona!
Reviews for Amarone Wine Tour: Valpolicella half-day bike excursion from Verona
Booking No. 2126693
Reviewed on 30 Oct `21
'A wonderful trip!'
We had a wonderful trip around Verona, the wine was very good, our guide was nice and friendly. Verona is an amazing city and Valpolicella definitely deserves to be visited!