Dancing Chocolate - Balls & Tastings at Splendid Venice Hotel
Why choose this experience?
|1||Because you will be able to feel what it is like to be in the shoes of the rich Venetian aristocrats of the past and spend some time having fun and dancing with hot chocolate|
|2||For a limited time and at a price not too high, compared to the other events scheduled for the Carnival of Venice|
|3||To learn the basic steps of the group dances in fashion in the past and practice them with ease under the guidance of a dance master!|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 13 people
Sunday 20 and Sunday 27 February 2022Departure point:
Hotel Splendid Venice, St Marks 760 Mercerie
- It is mandatory to have green pass for Covid 19/COVID Certificate.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Dress code: historical costume (costumes must be the traditional Venetian costumes from the 1600s-1800s). If you wish to hire masks and Venetian costumes, the Atelier Tiepolo in Venice offers special rates to participants.
- In case of cancellation of the Venice Carnival or in case the event could not take place due to any restrictions/government provisions related to COVID-19, the organizer agrees to issue a voucher of equal value to the amount paid to be used in the Venice Carnival in Costume® 2023 or 2024.
Cancellations received after January 15, 2022 will be awarded a voucher of equal value, redeemable for carnival events in 2023.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
An original afternoon of chocolate and dancing: to go back in time and relive the festive atmosphere of the Carnivals of the past...
Housed in the small covered square of the exclusive Splendid Venice Hotel, this charming Cioccolata Danzante combines tastings and dance lessons: in the afternoon of Sunday 20th, Tuesday 22nd, Sunday 27th February and Tuesday1st March 2022, guests can enjoy a hot chocolate and try typical Venetian cakes, while an experienced dance instructor and his partners will show you the traditional dances of the Venice Carnival!
Looking at the dances you will learn the basic steps of the fun Carnival group dances… To then try to replicate them followed by the teacher!
A trio of classical musicians will play live music offering the perfect accompaniment to the dances.
The most popular traditional dances include: the Waltz, a simple folk dance that has won the most important courts of Europe thanks to its sweet and fluent movement; the Polka, which originates from Bohemian folk dances of the early 19th century, is a couple fast dance; the Minuet, beloved by the court of Louis XIV, that includes a series of slipped small steps aimed at recreating the shape of an 8, an S or Z; the Farandola, a fun group dance of peasant origin in which participants hold hands and follow the leader who weaves imaginative, serpentine shapes and changes of direction; the Contraddanza, which takes a few steps from the Minuet and is danced in two rows facing each other.
To participate in the Cioccolata Danzante a historical costume is required. If you wish to rent a historical costume in Venice we advise you to entrust the historical Atelier Tiepolo that will be based at the renowned Hotel Daniel, just a few steps from St Mark’s Square for the duration of the Carnival 2022.
Minuet, Contraddanza, Polka, Waltz and the Farandola... The historical Campiello Splendid Venice Hotel will be transformed into an attractive ballroom for you to relive, even if only for a few hours, the magic atmosphere of the legendary Carnival of Venice dating back to the 18th century.