Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello from St Mark's area
Why choose this experience?
|1||Because you can spend a whole day visiting the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello from the heart of Venice, St Mark’s Square.|
|2||Stop in Murano to visit an ancient glass furnace and enjoy a demonstration of the art of glass blowing|
|3||Enjoy a return trip with panoramic views over the splendid Venetian lagoon|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 6,749 people
All year, except 6 September and 25 DecemberDeparture point:
Yellow desk located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, at the feet of the Ponte della Paglia (which is the bridge located opposite the Bridge of Sighs).
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- We advise you to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the departure time specified.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour and 15 min.) allows you an optional visit to a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also some free time. The stop in Burano (approx. 1 hour and 30 min.) is completely at your disposal. The stop in Torcello (approx. 1 hour.) is completely at your disposal. If the optional visits in the program are not undertaken, you are strongly required to comply with the timetable set out by the staff: the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting.
- This is a shared tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Multilingual tour.
- The tour has a variable duration (6 hours and 30 min/7 hours) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel used.
- The tour is not allowed for medium and big-sized dogs. Only small sized dogs with muzzle are admitted on board.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
‘Murano, Burano and Torcello from Venice’, an unmissable tour that will make you discover the main islands of the lagoon, where time seems to have stopped. Murano, with its centuries-old art of glass making, Burano with its colorful houses and Torcello, with its historical artifacts, are waiting for you to spend a memorable day imbued with art, history and tradition.
Here are five good reasons to attend this tour:
- You can leave from Riva degli Schiavoni, near St Mark’s Square, easily reachable on foot or by vaporetto.
- You will travel aboard a comfortable and modern vessel, listening to the explanations of an expert tourist guide who will tell you about the history of the places you will visit.
- The stops included in our excursion to the Venetian islands are longer than what generally available giving you the opportunity to spend enough time at the places you decide to visit.
- In Burano there will be plenty of time to have lunch ... and we will give you advice as true insiders so that you can choose the restaurant that's best for you!
- The return trip will allow you to enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the Venice lagoon
But let's see together how our day-long Venetian islands daily excursion will unfold: once onboard the boat, you will begin sailing heading to MURANO, where you will stop for one and fifteen minutes. Once arriving, you will have the chance to visit one of the island’s glassworks and attend a demonstration of a master glassmaker (lasting about 15 minutes): we strongly advise you not to miss this opportunity because glass blowing is truly an incredible art expression. Alternatively - or to follow - you can walk to the lighthouse or opt for a visit to the iconic sights of Murano, such as the Basilica of Santi Maria and Donato, the Glass Museum and Palazzo da Mula.
The second stop of our day tour to the Venetian islands will be BURANO: the colorful houses and their reflection on the green water of the canals, the ladies sitting outside embroidering the traditional lace, the children playing on the streets and the fishermen who unload the fish from their boats, all conjure up to turn Burano into a truly fascinating island.
in the hour and a half at your disposal, you can choose to visit some of the most interesting things like the leaning bell tower or the house of Bepi Suà, the most colorful of the island. Also noteworthy is the Lace Museum which is housed in the historic Palazzo del Podestà of Torcello and which exhibits rare examples of this precious fabric, known and appreciated throughout the world.
Don't worry, you will also have time to rest and have lunch: if you want to taste some typical fish-based dishes, don't waste time searching for one, we will give you some tips! To be on the safe side you can opt for Trattoria da Romano or Trattoria al Gatto Nero. If you want to eat well but fork out a little more, Osteria ai Pescatori and Osteria al Museo are your best choice. Regardless of your choice ... you will lick your lips!
The last stop of our daily excursion from Venice to Murano, Burano and Torcello islands will be TORCELLO, where the Venetian civilization was born: the first settlements date back to the 7th century when local folks sought refuge on the island to escape the Barbarians’ invasions. With the passage of time, the number of inhabitants and activities increased to the point that Torcello became the trading center and most important place in the entire lagoon of Venice. But the predominance of next-door Venice became so overwhelming that a slow but inexorable decline of this island ensued: today Torcello has just over 10 inhabitants but its historical and artistic testimonies make it a very popular destination for visitors from all over the world. In the time you have available, we suggest you visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, the ruins of the Baptistery of San Giovanni Evangelista, ‘Attila’s Throne" and the Devil's Bridge, today still wrapped in a mysterious legend.
Our Venetian islands tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello is coming to an end but ... there is one last surprise: the return trip. Yes, because the itinerary of the boat will allow you to enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the Venetian lagoon ... a very romantic and breathtaking sight!
Reviews for Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello from St Mark's area
Group of friends
Booking No. 0
Reviewed on 04 Jun `19
Fantastic trip 3 islands from Venice! Boat very clean!
Enough time and boat very clean
Booking No. 1974340
Reviewed on 15 May `19
A very good experience!
Got to see all three beautiful islands, watch glass making demonstration, enough time to eat lunch in Burano, to shop for Murano glass and to admire the ancient mosaic walls in Torcello!
Family with children
Booking No. 0
Reviewed on 25 Jun `18
'A nice tour'
We're Spanish family with 3 children: finally we found a tour that allowed us to visit all three islands leisurely!
The treasures of Torcello Island: tour with local guide