Discover Valpolicella: guided tour of the vineyards including Amarone wine tasting and traditional produce
Why choose this experience?
|1||Visit a historical mansion and discover all the secrets of wine making thanks to the interesting explanations of the owners|
|2||You will taste Amarone Valpolicella and some of the world’s finest red wines together with tantalizing local produce|
|3||Choose the most convenient meeting point for you and reach the estate aboard a comfortable minivan (included in the price)|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 4 people
all yearDeparture point:
- Verona, in the middle of Ponte della Vittoria
- Verona, Porta Nuova Train Station
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the start of the tour at the allocated time and at the meeting point indicated on the voucher) and/or rejection of the service on the day; if customers wander off during the tour; or if they decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
To take part in the tour, you must be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time specified, and present either a paper or an electronic voucher.
Bookings can be made up to 24 working hours before the service.
Due to the nature of the tour and the drinking ban for those aged below 18 years, the tour is strongly not recommended to those aged below 18.
This is a group tour, so there might be other participants who have booked it.
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes suitable to this type of tour.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
If you want to learn everything about the most important Valpolicella wines, do not miss this wonderful tour to the vineyards of Verona! During ‘Discover Valpolicella’ you will visit the marvelous Tenuta Santa Maria Valverde in Marano di Valpolicella-Verona where, for five generations, the Campagnola family has been producing the most renowned red wines of the area: Valpolicella, Ripasso and Amarone DOCG.
The winemakers themselves will accompany you on this not-to-be-missed experience that includes: a visit to the farmhouse with an introduction to the winemaking methods in use, a relaxing walk among the vineyards surrounding the splendid terrace overlooking the valley and, topping it all off, a tasting of Valpolicella wines paired with some traditional local produce.
VALPOLICELLA: WHERE IS IT? The vast area of Valpolicella covers over 240 sqm to the north of Verona and includes a range of valleys that extend from the city of Verona in a fan-like pattern. The hilly landscape is covered almost entirely by vineyards with cherry and olive trees sporadically interspersed; the physical settings and the mild climate of the valley are ideal for the production of red wines such as Ripasso Amararone Valpolicella, appreciated all over the world. The commitment of winemakers who have always used traditional techniques respecting the environment and the surrounding area should also be commended.
Nicola Campagnola, a ground-breaking winemaker, has created the present-day winery from the ancient farmhouse where his family began to cultivate vines back in the 1800s. The company, which takes its name from the lovely and ancient chapel dedicated to Santa Maria Valverde that overlooks the estate, is located on the Marano di Valpolicella hill, considered one of the best production areas for the 'great reds'.
But let’s cut the chatter to have a look at the program of this tasting in Valpolicella:
- The meeting point is in Verona: when booking, you can choose what is more convenient for you between Ponte della Vittoria and Porta Nuova railway station. A driver will pick you up and, on a comfortable minivan, you will reach the estate.
- The experience in Verona-Valpolicella will begin with a pleasant walk in the vineyard covering the hillside, during which the owner will tell you the history of the estate and of the winemaking family’s tradition.
- You will then visit the rural house dating back to the 17th century and the fruttaio, a room used for drying the Amarone grapes: it is a room in natural stone, located inside the cellar and characterized by the absence of fans or others machinery. As per tradition, everything depends on the natural and climate conditions of the places, a fundamental characteristic to give the wine a precise identity that varies from year to year.
- By joining this tour, you will discover everything about the undisputed protagonist of Valpolicella: wine. Valpolicella Ripasso, Classico and Amarone are aged in oak barrels before being individually bottled in numbered bottles in order to guarantee the traceability of the vineyard and the exclusivity of the product, always in compliance with the strictest hygiene laws.
- Next in the experience will be the tasting of Valpolicella Amarone, Amarone and Valpolicella Classico: with the invaluable help of a sommelier, you will learn to evaluate the scents and aromas of each wine, whilst admiring the breathtaking views from the terrace directly overlooking the valley. Paired with the wines there will also be delicious traditional local produce such as Soppressa from Valpolicella, Monte Veronese cheese and organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced by the estate. We bet your mouth is already watering?
If you're thinking about things to do in Valpolicella, this tour is the answer! Don't waste time, book now and get ready to spend two hours feeling fully relaxed in the splendid setting of the hills of Valpolicella: tasting of wine and traditional local produce whilst hearing the interesting stories of an experienced wine maker who will introduce you to the techniques of wine making and share with you their knowledge of all things wine!
We're waiting for you!
Tasting with private guided tour of Villa Mosconi Bertani in Valpolicella