Unforgettable Venice: Doge's Palace, Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Why choose this experience?
|1||Buy the combination of three tours online at a lower price than the combined cost of the single purchases.|
|2||Discover the charm of "minor Venice" during an original guided walking tour and a gondola ride through the evocative canals of the historic center.|
|3||Relive the grandeur of the Serenissima Republic thanks to a guided tour of the Doge's Palace, the New Prisons and the Bridge of Sighs.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 1,365 people
from 1 April to 31 October 2021Departure point:
under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- This is a shared tour: in all three stages of the tour (visit to the Doge's Palace, walk and gondola ride) there may be other people. Each gondola can accommodate up to a maximum of 5 people: for bookings of more than 5 people, the group will be divided into two or more gondolas.
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Bear in mind that this is a combination of 3 separate tours: the guided tour is only for the walk and the Doge’s Palace, whilst there are no explanations during the gondola ride. Between each tour there is a break.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- The pictures on this page may not exactly represent the itinerary of the gondola ride.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Experience an unforgettable afternoon in Venice with this combined tour consisting of a guided tour of the The Doge's Palace, a walk to Discover Venice and a Gondola Ride: three unmissable Venice classics in a single booking at a cheaper price than the cost of the combined separate purchases.
Guided tour of the Doge's Palace
The tour will begin with a guided visit of the Doge's Palace in Venice to discover the sumptuous halls where the history of the powerful Republic of Venice was forged for centuries.
The guided tour will take you to the rooms of the Doge’s Apartment and to the Institutional Rooms, the epicenter of the political and administrative life of the Serenissima. You will admire the wonderful paintings - works by the most famous Venetian artists, including Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto - and the famous Giants’ Staircase with the majestic sculptures by Sansovino.
You will also visit the extensive Armory, the Opera Museum, the extraordinary courtyard, finishing with the hideous prisons and the famous Bridge of Sighs. By the way, do you know why it's called so? Because when crossing it, the prisoners exhaled their last sigh of freedom before being locked up in the narrow prison cells!
Walk in Venice
The tour continues with a walk in the so-called "minor Venice": a lesser-known itinerary and usually not included in the standard tours, during which you will discover some of the most characteristics places in Venice accompanied by an expert tour guide.
You will depart from the Teatro La Fenice in Venice, the most important opera house in Venice, destroyed and rebuilt several times, which housed the premieres of the greatest Italian authors of the 19th century, such as Verdi, Donizetti, Rossini and Bellini. You will continue towards Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, with its elegant external spiral staircase, to then explore the Rialto area, one of the oldest and most characteristic of Venice, home to the market, small artisan shops, typical taverns and the famous bridge of the same name on the Grand Canal.
Shared gondola ride
And to end with a bang, an enchanting gondola ride lasting about half an hour through the canals of the historic center, to admire splendid buildings overlooking the water, countless bridges and breathtaking views.
The gondola ride starts from the Basilica della Salute, an imposing Baroque church that stands out against the backdrop of St Mark’s Bay. You will then immerse yourself in the silence of the smaller canals, where you will discover the most authentic side of Venice feeling lulled by the gentle swaying of the boat. Finally, the gondola ride will take you to Venice’s Fenice to admire the splendid exteriors and the scenic tower from the water, devastated by the terrible fire of 1996, but today faithfully rebuilt.
Reviews for Unforgettable Venice: Doge's Palace, Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Canadian Woman 55
Booking No. 17165723
Reviewed on 30 Sep `17
Great service and value.
Booking No. 16118282
Reviewed on 03 Nov `16
Had a great tour guides. Was glad to be able to walk through the palace and the city with experts that added to our vacation experience.
Very informative, funny guides
A little too long....tour lagged a bit here and there.
Booking No. 16122117
Reviewed on 25 Oct `16
'Venice Tour, 1,2,3'
I booked this tour after using VenetoInside to transfer us from the airport to our hotel. The tour guide was good, the meetup was easy, and the activities were one of a kind. The Doge's Palace, a walking tour and a gondola ride. All the essential elements of a visit to Venice and at a reasonable price. I would use them again without hesitation.
great activities at a reasonable price
Booking No. 1561755
Reviewed on 31 Jul `15
'Venice in a day'
If you only have a day to experience Venice, this is the tour to take. Our guide was excellent!
Venice Landmarks: Walking Tour plus St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip-the-line Guided Visits