Unforgettable Venice: Doge's Palace, Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Why choose this experience?
|1||To learn the fascinating history of the Doge's Palace and admire the luxurious apartments of Venetian Doges and cross the famous Bridge of Sighs|
|2||Experience the atmosphere of yore that you can sense inside the Doge’s Palace, visit the Bridge of Sighs and the New Prisons, walk in the most secluded areas of the historical center and feel seduced by the little-known corners of Venice|
|3||To live the unique experience of seeing Venice from the water on a gondola ride and look at the reflections of old bridges and palaces in the Venetian canals|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 1,365 people
from 1 April to 31 October 2021Departure point:
under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- Before booking, please be advised that it is compulsory to print a paper copy of the voucher issued at the end of the online reservation and bring it with you the day of the tour.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour. Please be advised that, due to the new security measures concerning the entrance into the major Venice museums, there might be queues at the entrance, with consequent protraction of the usual waiting time to access the museums.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a combo tour including 3 single tours: no explanations during the gondola ride; guided tour only inside the Doge’s Palace and during the walk.
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- A gondola can host up to 6 people, thus if your reservation includes more than 6 people, your group will be divided into smaller groups, or rather you will enjoy different gondolas. Please bear in mind that this is a collective tour, so there might be other people enjoying your same gondola. In this case people belonging to your reservation can be divided into different gondolas.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Please note: combined tour composed by the three tours The Doge's Palace, Discover Venice & Gondola Ride. Don't miss a unique opportunity to combine three must-do experiences in Venice and save on the final price, as the combo tour is cheaper than the sum of single tour prices.
Live an unforgettable afternoon in Venice! A guided visit to the Doge's Palace, a stroll through the lesser-known quarters of the city and a gondola ride to experience the magic of Venice from the water... A unique experience that combines indoor and outdoor places in Venice: you will get to know the soul of Venice by visiting the most famous and characteristics places with a single itinerary lasting approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes!
A guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice, a walk to discover lesser-known Venice - the Bovolo Spiral Staircase, Rialto, La Fenice Theatre – and a gondola ride: the perfect combination to unite the testimony of the great past of Venice Republic to the genuine everyday life that still survives in the less tourist corners of the city!
The first part of the itinerary, the Venice Doge's Palace tour, will lead you to the discovery of the environments that have shaped the history of the Republic of Venice: the precious rooms of the Doge's apartment; the Institutional Chambers - where the political and administrative life of the Republic of Venice was decided, masterfully decorated by the greatest artists of the Venetian Republic; the famous Giants Staircase - with impressive sculptures of Mars and Neptune sculpted by Sansovino; the impressive floor of the Lodges - which offers picturesque views of the courtyard of the Doge's Palace and the St Mark's Piazzetta; the rich Armoury; the Opera Museum- guardian of the ancient capitals of the ground floor portico and the loggia of Venice Palazzo Ducale; the extraordinary courtyard; the famous Bridge of Sighs and the New Prisons... by the way, do you know why the Bridge of Sighs is so called? Because prisoners who crossed it let out the last sigh of freedom before being locked up in the cramped cells of the Prisons. One of the most complete and interesting guided tours of the Doge's Palace in Venice to contemplate the splendour and grandeur of the Palace of the Doges in Venice!
After the visit to the Doge's Palace, Venice the tour will continue to the so called 'Minor Venice' with a fascinating guided walk between St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge: unique itineraries and lesser known places that will allow you to admire the outside of majestic architectural masterpieces generally not included in the main tourist itineraries and some unique structures that contribute to making Venice a unique city.
You will admire the exterior of the La Fenice Theatre; the original Bovolo spiral Staircase in Contarini Palace – the external spiral staircase (bovolo in Venetian) of the historic Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo that links the different floors of the building through overlapping loggias; the Rialto area, one of the oldest and most characteristic of Venice, home to a market, small artisan shops, typical inns and the famous Rialto bridge over the Grand Canal.
Finally you will take a gondola ride to discover some new and not very well-known areas of one of the most beautiful cities in the world!
A charming gondola ride in Venice to admire the majestic architectural masterpieces overlooking the water: from the Basilica della Salute on the Grand Canal to the intimate and evocative atmosphere of the smaller canals around the La Fenice Theatre in Venice!
During the gondola ride you can admire the famous Basilica della Salute from the outside, a majestic building that stands in the suggestive landscape of St Mark's Basin and the Grand Canal. Built and designed by Baldassare Longhena, a renowned architect and sculptor of the Venetian Republic, the basilica offers different perspective views according to the point from which it is observed.
Leaving the Grand Canal you will be able to delve deeper in the picturesque smaller canals of Venice, where you can admire a not very well known Venice whilst being gently lulled by the calm sway along the typical the canals of Venice.
The gondola ride will take you to the most famous theatre in Venice, La Fenice, to admire its stunning exteriors from the water.
Three fascinating tours with one convenient booking and at a lower price than purchasing the individual itineraries!
You can also make your reservations for the guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice, Discover Venice and Gondola Ride separately, by consulting the timetables, prices and availability in the specific sections published on venetoinside.com.
Reviews for Unforgettable Venice: Doge's Palace, Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Canadian Woman 55
Booking No. 17165723
Reviewed on 30 Sep `17
Great service and value.
Booking No. 16118282
Reviewed on 03 Nov `16
Had a great tour guides. Was glad to be able to walk through the palace and the city with experts that added to our vacation experience.
Very informative, funny guides
A little too long....tour lagged a bit here and there.
Booking No. 16122117
Reviewed on 25 Oct `16
'Venice Tour, 1,2,3'
I booked this tour after using VenetoInside to transfer us from the airport to our hotel. The tour guide was good, the meetup was easy, and the activities were one of a kind. The Doge's Palace, a walking tour and a gondola ride. All the essential elements of a visit to Venice and at a reasonable price. I would use them again without hesitation.
great activities at a reasonable price
Booking No. 1561755
Reviewed on 31 Jul `15
'Venice in a day'
If you only have a day to experience Venice, this is the tour to take. Our guide was excellent!
Afternoon Private Gondola Ride - 30 minutes
up to 5 people
Venice Landmarks: Walking Tour plus St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip-the-line Guided Visits - Special Venice 1600 Years