Doge's Palace Guided Visit and Discover Venice Walking Tour
Why choose this experience?
|1||Because it combines two different tours, the Doge's Palace guided tour and Discover Venice, in a single itinerary that can be purchased online at a lower price than buying the individual visits|
|2||Experience the atmosphere of yore that you can sense inside the Doge’s Palace, the symbol of the power and splendor of the Republic of Venice, cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and visit the New Prisons|
|3||To immerse yourself in the magic that the normal everyday life of Venice offers, where everything seems to belong to a distant past, and stroll around the most intimate and quiet part of the old town, and be seduced by its less touristy spots|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 831 people
from 1 April to 31 October 2021Departure point:
under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- Before booking, please be advised that it is compulsory to print a paper copy of the voucher issued at the end of the online reservation and bring it with you the day of the tour.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour. Please be advised that, due to the new security measures concerning the entrance into the major Venice museums, there might be queues at the entrance, with consequent protraction of the usual waiting time to access the museums.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a combo tour including 2 single tours.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
A guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice and a walk to discover lesser-known Venice, the Bovolo Spiral Staircase, Rialto, La Fenice Theatre. Entrance to the Venice Ducal Palace and Discover Venice tour: the perfect combination to unite the testimony of the great past of Venice Republic to the genuine everyday life that still survives in the less tourist corners of the city!
This fascinating Venice Doge's Palace guided tour combines two different itineraries – guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice and Discover Venice - in a unique experience that combines indoor and outdoor places in Venice ... You will get to know the soul of Venice by visiting the most famous and characteristics places with a single itinerary lasting approximately three hours.
The first part of the itinerary, the Venice Doge's Palace tour, will lead you to the discovery of the environments that have shaped the history of the Republic of Venice: the precious rooms of the Doge's apartment; the Institutional Chambers - where the political and administrative life of the Republic of Venice was decided, masterfully decorated by the greatest artists of the Venetian Republic; the famous Giants Staircase - with impressive sculptures of Mars and Neptune sculpted by Sansovino; the impressive floor of the Lodges - which offers picturesque views of the courtyard of the Doge's Palace and the St Mark's Piazzetta; the rich Armoury; the Opera Museum- guardian of the ancient capitals of the ground floor portico and the loggia of Venice Palazzo Ducale; the extraordinary courtyard; the famous Bridge of Sighs ... One of the most complete and interesting guided tours of the Doge's Palace in Venice to contemplate the splendour and grandeur of the Palace of the Doges in Venice! You will be surprised by the details of the Golden Staircase and the realism of the scenes present in the most important rooms of the Doge's Palace in Venice, you will visit the Venetian Bridge of Sighs in Venice and the New Prisons and sense the wretchedness of the prisoners who crossed it before being led into the terrible dungeons of the Serenissima. With this extraordinary guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice you will enter as protagonists in the history of Venice!
The Doge's Palace tour in Venice will allow you to discover the Venice Ducal Palace – with a guided tour of the Doge's Palace and the entrance fee to Venice Palazzo Ducale included in the cost of the tour – and you will enjoy an interesting and comprehensive guided tour given by an expert tour guide in Venice.
After the visit to the Doge's Palace, Venice the tour will continue to the so called 'Minor Venice' with a fascinating guided walk between St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge: unique itineraries and lesser known places that will allow you to admire the outside of majestic architectural masterpieces generally not included in the main tourist itineraries and some unique structures that contribute to making Venice a unique city.
The Doge's Palace walking tour guided by our expert guide will show you a different Venice and an opportunity to seize its unique everyday life of yesteryear.
You will admire the exterior of the La Fenice Theatre in Venice - the most important opera house in Venice, destroyed and rebuilt several times, which hosted the premieres of the great Italian composers of the 19th century, such as Verdi, Donizetti, Rossini and Bellini; the original Bovolo spiral Staircase in Contarini Palace – the external spiral staircase (bovolo in Venetian) of the historic Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo that links the different floors of the building through overlapping loggias; the Rialto area, one of the oldest and most characteristic of Venice, home to a market, small artisan shops, typical inns and the famous Rialto bridge over the Grand Canal.
Two fascinating tours with one convenient booking: Doge's Palace tour in Venice, Italy and Unusual Venice! The magic of the Doge's Palace and bridge of sighs, masterpieces of Venetian Gothic where history, culture, art and architecture come together to celebrate the Republic of Venice, followed by lesser-known areas and original architectural masterpieces – the Bovolo spiral staircase, Rialto, La Fenice Theatre in Venice: a guided tour with an expert guide for both itineraries, and at a lower price than purchasing the individual tours and with the convenience of a single online purchase!
You can also make your reservations for the guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice and Discover Venice separately, by consulting the timetables, prices and availability in the specific sections.
Reviews for Doge's Palace Guided Visit and Discover Venice Walking Tour
Booking No. 0
Reviewed on 28 Apr `15
'A complete tour'
The tour is very involving and you have the chance to learn a lot. The Doge's Palace is beautiful and the guide was really good. Nice walk in some hidden corners of Venice. I would recommend it!
St. Mark's Cathedral: skip-the -line guided tour of St. Mark's Museum with access to the external terrace
Private guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice