Doge's Palace Guided Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Why choose this experience?
|1||Buy two tours online at a very convenient price.|
|2||Explore the heart of the Serenissima Republic with a guided tour of the Doge's Palace, the Prigioni Nuove and the Bridge of Sighs.|
|3||Enjoy a relaxing gondola ride through the charming canals of the historical center.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 100 people
From 1 April to 31 OctoberDeparture point:
Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, a member of staff will check your voucher and give you instructions.
- Due to the security checks at the entrance of the Doge's Palace, queues are likely.
- This is a shared tour: in both parts of the tour (visit to the Doge's Palace and gondola ride) there may be other people with you. Each gondola can accommodate up to a maximum of 5 people: for bookings of more than 5 people, the group will be divided into two or more gondolas.
- The tour might be suspended in case of BAD WEATHER. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Bear in mind that this is a combination of two separate tours: the guided tour is only for the Doge’s Palace and there are no explanations during the gondola ride. Between the two tours there is a break.
- Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, some parts of the walk may not be accessible to people in wheelchairs and/or people with physical impairments.
- The pictures on this page may not exactly represent the itinerary of the gondola ride.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Guided tour of the Doge's Palace
The tour starts from St. Mark's Square, under the Clock Tower: an expert local guide will welcome you here and will accompany you on a visit to the Doge's Palace, a symbol of the power of the Serenissima Republic and a magnificent example of flowery Gothic.
Inside the Palace you will visit different rooms, including the Opera Museum, the piano delle Logge, from which you can enjoy a view of the beautiful internal courtyard and an evocative view of Piazzetta San Marco, and the Scala d’oro.
You will then enter the rooms of the Doge’s Apartment and the Institutional Rooms, the epicenter of the political and administrative life of the Serenissima Republic. The interior rooms, decorated with works by great artists such as Veronese, Tintoretto and Tiziano, will leave you speechless!
The itinerary will take you to the famous Bridge of Sighs, built in the 17th century to connect the Palace to the hideous Prigioni Nuove, where, even nowadays, you can perceive and notice on the dark walls, the suffering of those who were imprisoned there.
Shared gondola ride
After the visit to the Doge's Palace there will be a short break before the second part of the tour begins, the gondola ride.
Enjoy the journey on this ancient vessel: you will admire the wonderful Venetian buildings overlooking the canals, you will travel along narrow canals and you will admire breathtaking views, in an evocative and relaxing atmosphere, contrasting with the hectic city’s life.