Small-group guided tour of the Scrovegni Chapel at night
Why choose this experience?
|1||To discover the famous Scrovegni Chapel with an evening guided tour of unique charm ... The evening is indeed the best time to admire the starry sky painted by Giotto in its original brightness, as the light is slowly dwindling outside|
|2||Because you will visit the Scrovegni Chapel in Padua with a passionate guide who will be able to answer all your questions and devote their full attention to you thanks to the small group of people, up to a maximum of 5, who will attend the tour with you|
|3||Because you will remain inside the Chapel for 40 minutes, instead of 20 as customary, to fully admire the interiors without feeling rushed, this way enjoying a truly unforgettable experience!|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 4 people
from 2 April 2019 to 6 January 2020Departure point:
ticket office of the Musei Civici agli Eremitani of Padua.
Until 3 November 2019
From 4 November 2019 to 6 January 2020
Full: €86.00 per person
There are no concessions.
approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes
PLEASE NOTE: the voucher issued at the end of the booking must be presented at the time of the visit in paper or electronic format on mobile devices - smartphones, tablets or other devices.
There is no reimbursement: in case of NO-SHOW (lack of presence at the start of the tour at the time and meeting point indicated in the voucher) and / or refusal of the service on site; if customers get lost during the tour; in the event that customers decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
Please present yourself at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the indicated departure time. At the starting point of the tour you will meet the guide who will check your vouchers and give you directions to make the booked tour.
The cost of the evening guided tour to the Scrovegni Chapel of Padua is per person, valid for bookings of at least 2 participants.
The tour is collective, for which the presence of other participants who have booked it is foreseen, up to a maximum of 5 people. We remind you that access to the Scrovegni Chapel is not reserved for participants of the guided tour, therefore entry will be with other people who have purchased the normal evening entrance ticket, without a guided tour. Groups are limited to 25 people per time slot. Inside the Scrovegni Chapel the guide will provide explanations only to the participants of the tour.
The duration of the guided tour is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, divided as follows: 18.30 meeting with the guide, 19.00 entrance to the Scrovegni Chapel (effective admission will take place around 19.20 after staying in the clearing house), 20.00 exit from the Chapel (the guide will answer any questions and will accompany you to the cloakroom), 20.10 / 20.15 end of the guided tour.
Rules for visiting the Scrovegni Chapel
- It is absolutely forbidden to bring animals, bags, food or drinks; smartphones and cell phones will need to be set to silent.
- Photographs are allowed only as follows:
photos in snapshot form
for non-profit personal use
the object to be photographed is not touched
no light sources (flash included) are used
no tripods are used
Inside the Scrovegni Chapel the temperature is 18° C: remember to wear suitable clothes, especially in summer.
The visit to the Scrovegni Chapel could be suspended in case of bad weather, adverse conditions, force majeure, extraordinary maintenance work and/or institutional events. If possible, you will be promptly notified of these changes by email. The cost of the guided tour will be fully reimbursed.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Get ready to discover one of the greatest treasures in the history of art in the company of an expert guide! An exciting guided tour of the Scrovegni Chapel at night: the evening setting will allow you to admire this extraordinary building, which has been presented as a UNESCO Heritage Site candidate alongside other painting cycles from the 1300s (Urbs Picta), in a unique and engaging tour...
This original guided tour will allow you to take part in an evening tour of the Arena Chapel in Padua, ‘sharing’ your guide with a very small number of visitors! The idea is to offer you an intimate and charming experience in a small group of up to a maximum of 5 people, which will allow you to enjoy the full attention of your guide and a private, engaging atmosphere.
The Scrovegni Chapel is considered one of the greatest masterpieces of Western art, a jubilation of characters, symbols and colors which everyone is able to appreciate... Plus, the innovative variable LED lighting system which enhances the quality of the colors and preserves them over time, avoiding the degradation caused by traditional lighting systems, allows visitors to admire Giotto's masterpieces in all their natural beauty!
The visit will begin with a brief introduction to the history of the building and the powerful family of Paduan bankers, the Scrovegni, who had it built at the beginning of the 1300s as an oratory and mausoleum for their sumptuous palace.
Before you step inside, you can admire the building from the outside to grasp its details and main architectural features.
Once you enter the Scrovegni Chapel, the evening guided tour will allow you to admire Giotto's extraordinary frescoes in all their beauty by visiting the Arena Scrovegni Chapel in Padua at night, while you listen to the explanations of an expert guide who, after a general overview of the complex iconographic sequence, will focus on some of the most famous scenes and on the symbolism hidden in some of the representations.
Below is the detailed program and some useful information on our Giotto Arena Chapel evening tour:
- The meeting time is set 30 minutes before the entrance to the Scrovegni Chapel to allow the guide to check your vouchers and collect the entrance tickets; please keep in mind that if you carry bags and bulky items, you will be asked to deposit them in the cloakroom before entering.
- On the way to the entrance to the Scrovegni Chapel, crossing the Eremitani garden, the guide will share everything you need to know about how to enter the room, in particular about the obligatory passage into the clearing house where the group will have to stay for about 20 minutes before entering the Chapel in order to stabilize the internal microclimate; during your brief stay in the clearing house you will be shown an introductory video.
- Bear in mind that, alongside your small group accompanied by a guide, there might also be other people entering the Chapel – for up to a maximum of 25 visitors – who purchased a normal ticket for evening entry without a guided tour.
- Once you are inside, the guide will take you on a discovery of the splendid frescoes made by Giotto, first with a general overview of the entire iconographic apparatus and then with a more detailed analysis of the most famous panels; the explanations will focus in particular on the scenes depicted on the side walls, on the fresco on the counter-façade and on the allegories on the plinth. The guide will end the visit with some thoughts and with a description of the influences that Giotto's work had on the generations of artists who came after him.
- Once you leave the Scrovegni Chapel, the guide will be available to answer any questions before taking you to the cloakroom and heading off.
Book this fascinating Giotto’s Arena Chapel evening tour and discover the Scrovegni Chapel in a truly unique way: the price of the evening guided tour includes a double-round entry ticket, which allows you to stay inside the building for 40 minutes, 20 more than a normal single ticket, and benefit from the presence of a qualified guide for the entire duration of the experience!
Do not miss the opportunity to discover Giotto under the stars… Accompanied by a passionate guide!
Botanical Garden and Padua historic center: private guided tour between art and science
Private guided tour of Padua: Historic Center & University with access to the Anatomical Theater